Like Minded Lushes September 2012

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Chloe it's something I came across on Pinterest and I'm tweaking it to fit me, such as the first day is nothing but fruits so yesterday I had a lot of watermelon and honeydew but then dinner was baked salmon, spinach and healthy mushroom risotto. Today I made a large amount of boiled veggies so I had that and dinner will be something healthy again. I'm also doing a 2 week total body cleanse kit that I picked up at whole foods.

As for booze, ugh. Drank a large bottle of white last night, football made me so mad. Definitely feeling it today so I'm looking forward to after my 2 hours on the bike because that gets rid of my hangovers. My wedding band is being delivered today so that helps too :bigsmile: I can't wait to see how fabulous it is in person :heart:

Think I'll hold off on the booze tonight :sick:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    No thanks on the flu....I would rather be fat than ever have the stomach flu! :laugh:

I've just been feeling puffy lately....I am sure if I quit self sabotaging the weekends that would probably do the trick though!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes. I took a few weeks off logging but am back! I've been trying to tame down the booze too. I'm doing mediocre with that. Sunday I had a couple Octoberfests and several glasses of red wine. Nothing last night. Not sure about tonight. A glass of wine sounds mighty nice. I hope you're all doing well!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    No thanks on the flu....I would rather be fat than ever have the stomach flu! :laugh:

I've just been feeling puffy lately....I am sure if I quit self sabotaging the weekends that would probably do the trick though!

I know the feeling :grumble: This sort of cleanse/actual cleanse seems to be working and luckily without any stomach issues. I also picked up apple cider vinegar capsules which I'm taking along with the cleanse pills.

Got my long bike ride in and as I was cooling down my wedding band came and I'm currently practicing wearing it :tongue:

Fiancé isn't home yet so I think I may have a drink, still feeling a little blah from the wine last night so of course the logical thing is so have more booze haha
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Monday- 1/2 glass of wine..didn't like it so ended up having several cocktails
    Tuesday-0
    Wed-2 glasses of wine?

Thought I was doing pretty well.
    The good news is my grocery bill is half what it used to be.
    The bad news is that apparently I can no longer walk down the cereal or snack aisle without tearing up like a baby. :cry:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so how pretty is the ring Kat?

Syd, you don't need to walk down the cereal or snack aisle anyway. :wink: so just avoid it.

Wine and awesome grilled steak dinner last night. Doug took the day off so he cooked. It was so good.

I do not know what tonight will bring. I am tired so who knows.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Socal chin up buttercup :flowerforyou:

Mama Lush the ring is absolutely stunning. I'm kind of glad we didn't get it until now because it's going to kill me not to wear it for the next 11 days haha. I wore it last night but then put it away and just keep going to look at it ..... I can't wait to put it on and show you all a picture :smile:

It's a dreary day here and it's zapped my energy. I don't really want to work out but I will .... Chest and Back then a bike ride, I know I'll be happy afterwards but eep I do not want to work out.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I had wine and steak last night too :-) tonight I'm settling for Baileys haagen dazs. Think I'm gearing myself up to an alcohol free November, better get some drinking done in October in preparation then :happy:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Syd, whatever you do, don't smell his clothing. Sounds strange, but, just stay away from the closet. Start counting down on the calendar for TG.

Sleep, Robin, sleep!!

Kat, apple cider I've heard is good for nail fungal infections as well

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0

Appetite is really not up to par as of yet. Just 2 apples and a cup of navy bean soup from local restaurant. I have no idea what I can tolerate for dinner. Called in sick for work today.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Appetite is really not up to par as of yet. Just 2 apples and a cup of navy bean soup from local restaurant. I have no idea what I can tolerate for dinner. Called in sick for work today.

I hope you feel better soon, have a restful day x
  • nisijam5
    Options

I did!! Got my hair done & shopped a little :blushing: I couldn't let that valuable coupon go to waste $20 off $50 spent along with other applied coupons was very therapuetic. I got 2 shirts for $13.00 as well as 2 pieces of jewelry & makeup.

PS...you gave me a hankering for steak
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    I had wine and steak last night too :-) tonight I'm settling for Baileys haagen dazs. Think I'm gearing myself up to an alcohol free November, better get some drinking done in October in preparation then :happy:

My hat is off to you yvonne! I was thinking about doing an alcohol free November with you, but then remembered that my family visits every Thanksgiving and it's either drink or be like this smiley-scared002.gifsmiley-scared002.gifsmiley-scared002.gifsmiley-scared002.gif
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options

Kim - You have been sick long enough now! Look at the bright side though, when you do indulge in a beverage eventually, you will be a cheap date :) Well wishes for a speedier recovery.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Syd, whatever you do, don't smell his clothing. Sounds strange, but, just stay away from the closet. Start counting down on the calendar for TG.

Sleep, Robin, sleep!!

Kat, apple cider I've heard is good for nail fungal infections as well

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0

I hear it's good for a lot of things especially helping with water retention. The pills are strong, you know you're taking apple cider vinegar haha.

Hope you feel better soon, I hate not having an appetite :ohwell:

I had some heartburn indigestion today so I'm not real hungry at the moment which is good because the fiancé isn't home yet. I'm just having a beer and relaxing after my work outs :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Recently at a Polish wedding, someone yelled out "All married men, stand next the to the one person who has made your life worth living".

The bartender was nearly crushed to death.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Recently at a Polish wedding, someone yelled out "All married men, stand next the to the one person who has made your life worth living".

The bartender was nearly crushed to death.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of trying a "Sober October"...as there is too much family time to be had around November and December so NOT having alcohol simply isn't an option.

Anyone up for the challenge with me??
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey lushes, I think I will hold out for another zero today and that makes 4 this week. Much better than my prior records.

I passed my CPR testing, the world is now safer for survival. I'm going to lunch with hubby for some soup and salad. Then, I will come home and pack for the trip.

It's a beautiful fall day in MN
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Stuck with 2 glasses of wine last night. Probably something similar tonight? Back to lots of water and exercising so I feel pretty good.

Doxie, good luck on your sober October! I will not be joining you, but I may join in for a week.

We are apparently hitting 90+ temps this weekend. Fall doesn't hit southern Cal until November. We never get winter lol.
    Happy almost weekend, lushes!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Sorry Doxie, sober October is a no go for this lush. It's not only my favorite month that has my favorite holiday but I'm getting married the 7th followed by our first of two honeymoons and our annual Halloween party is the 27th. It's going to be a lushy next few months!

10 days until I get to wear my ring! eeeeeee, I can hardly stand it :bigsmile: it's going to be one fun wedding :smile:

34 days until Halloween!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Fiancé is playing in a gold tournament today and tomorrow so he'll be late which might mean drinks and horror movies :bigsmile:

Had a beer and 2 cake vodka/fizzy waters last night ... probably what I'll have tonight.