Like Minded Lushes September 2012

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Kat, I totally understand, you have such an awesome month planned! How exciting! Oh, and I love October and Halloween too, I can not WAIT for all the good scary movies to start playing, I love the good old campy ones.

I'll keep everyone posted on how Sober October goes...I do better with a plan. Guess I'll be tying one on this weekend though while it's still September :)

Anyone is welcome to join me, whether it be for a week or a day.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Kat, I totally understand, you have such an awesome month planned! How exciting! Oh, and I love October and Halloween too, I can not WAIT for all the good scary movies to start playing, I love the good old campy ones.

I'll keep everyone posted on how Sober October goes...I do better with a plan. Guess I'll be tying one on this weekend though while it's still September :)

Anyone is welcome to join me, whether it be for a week or a day.

I am also going to have to pass on sober October. I like drinking in October. I did sober February last year which was a welcome break from all the holiday festivities in the previous months and it had nothing to do with February being the shortest month of the year :wink: I am going to do that again in 2013.

Good luck, I will be cheering you on and may join in for a week or a day or two.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Thought I would share this for a chuckle:

"4 Worms In Church"

Four worms and a lesson to be learned!!!!
    A minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon.

Four worms were placed into four separate jars.
    The first worm was put into a container of alcohol.
    The second worm was put into a container of cigarette smoke.
    The third worm was put into a container of chocolate syrup.
    The fourth worm was put into a container of good clean soil.

At the conclusion of the sermon, the Minister reported the following results:

The first worm in alcohol . . . Dead.
    The second worm in cigarette smoke . . .Dead.
    Third worm in chocolate syrup . . . Dead.
    Fourth worm in good clean soil . . . Alive!

So the Minister asked the congregation,
    "What did you learn from this demonstration?"

Maxine in the back quickly raised her hand and said . . .
    "As long as you drink, smoke and eat chocolate,
    you won't have worms!"

That pretty much ended the service!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Diana, I'm going to have to pass that along for sure.

Doxie, I am going to try and limit as much as possible since I have also have a physical coming at the end of the year...BIG GULP!!

I'm finished grocery shopping and decided to pack stuff for the car instead of drive thru crap. I have to try some ways to be good this weekend and not eat like crap.

Take care, lushes!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I could make it a whole month, but if I did I would rather do it in January or February. Too much good beer in the fall and I love red wine when it starts to get cooler out (actually who am I kidding I love red wine all year around!!!)

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Planning for zeros until Saturday, but i am feeling a little weak right now. No big plans this weekend, so I should be able to keep it under control!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday=1/2 bottle of red
    Wednesday=other half of the bottle

Mani and martinis scheduled for tonight, likely followed by beer and pizza.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Have to post this delicious drink. It's Three Olives Cake vodka with raspberry lemon sparkling mineral water from Whole Foods ...... just so yummy! And depending on how much vodka you put it's definitely low in cals :wink:

I'll also admit that I've put on my wedding band a bunch more times today haha, I just can't wait because it's so pretty!!!!!!

Anywho, the fiancé is still not home from golf but there was a chance a bunch of them might go to the strip club so I'm guessing that's where he is. Keep in mind I don't care at all about that because I've gone to the strip club with him and his friends before and I trust him and am secure in our relationship unlike some of our friends. However :devil: this will be semi good ammo for when I tell him I need to have my engagement ring reset as the diamonds in the wedding band rub against the prongs of the engagement ring because the fiancé went with the low setting. I did research and apparently when that happens it just cuts through the prongs, plus I like high settings anyway haha.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    very lushy lately. I really need to break the pattern. Maybe I will try a Sober October too. I can't remember the last time I made it a whole month.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Very proud of myself so far this week....

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

Not sure what tonight will bring. Still gonna try for a zero, but I may have some wine.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Chloe, you rock. That's awesome!! Kat, 10 more days is exciting!

I was very proud of myself last night. I ended up going to Macaroni Grill for dinner...managed to not inhale the bread and pasta, bought a bottle of white wine which was half off, shared some with my MIL and still had some to bring home (they let you bring home what you don't finish..which is rarely an issue for me) woke up this morning down a pound. So I've officially lost all the weight from Hawaii and the countless going away parties for the kid.

Going to be mid 90s/100s starting Sunday so hubs and I may hit the beach. Happy weekend lushes! :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    It is one gloomy day here and I've been awake since 5 so my energy is looooow. Not to mention my wine was delivered so I'm quite tempted to just veg the whole day and give my body a rest buuut I don't know. It would be Legs and Back + a bike ride that I'm missing out on. Guess we'll see what happens! In the meantime I have the Fall candles lit and the fur babes and I are watching Supernatural :smile:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I was cooking with lamb and red wine tonight, but decided I fancied a glass of white wine, then when I opened the fridge I realised there was a bottle of dry rose languishing in there, what a good decision it was to buy that, it seemed like the perfect compromise :-)
    I've stocked up on wine recently so I can't do a sober October as I find it too hard if there is alcohol in the house. I'm going to stick to my no-no November, no alcohol and no processed sugary crap, I know I will feel better if I do, moderation is all very well but for me gradually my intake of the things I try to moderate creeps up. I know I can do alcohol free but I usually replace it with chocolate so I'm going to try to go without that too this time. I just think I need the challenge :happy:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge, Yvonne. I could write off chocolate forever without any hesitation (I know...I'm crazy..don't really like it) but I do notice I crave ice cream and other sugary treats when I go alcohol free. Doing both would be tough.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    A little too much last night but a nice long bike ride should take care of the ick feeling. Busy day, getting my hair and nails done for the wedding then a party tonight so I'm having a nice large Dunkin coffee and then hopping on the bike :smile:

Have a great Saturday all :flowerforyou:
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Caved in last night and had some wine....

Monday-Thursday-0
    Friday- half a bottle of merlot

Today I am finished up staining our fence and then going shopping with the bestie. That usually involves a little shopping and then dinner and drinks. Already got my run in this morning, so I am feeling good about that.
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like the No-No November idea, but November is my birthday, my best friend's birthday, and Thanksgiving which involves family which requires alcohol. And lots of it... ;)

Sober October starts Monday and believe me, I am lushing it up this weekend like no one's business. I have been hitting it hard lately, so I think this will be good for me. Sadly, I think it's probably been about 3 years since I went a month or more with no alcohol.

I may be doing this challenge alone, but I'm looking forward to support from my Lush pals here at MFP :)

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 3 beers
  • zippo32
    Options
    Sat - 6 beers
  • zippo32
    Options
    Sun - 5 beers.