Like Minded Lushes - November 2012

Options

Replies

• amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I will definitely look into the limiting the lushiness more later when I have more time...

I was pretty darn good over the weekend despite some challenges that could have definitely forced drinking....

Thanksgiving I did have 2 glasses of white wine and 2 long islands and 2 bacardi & diet over the course of the entire day (from noon till 11 pm)
    Friday - just 1 drink
    Saturday - 1 glass wine
    Sunday - ZERO!

Pretty good :bigsmile:
    Friday we were heading up north with 2 of our 4 daughters with us. We were driving our '06 Mountaineer which just 1 week ago had to have new transmission installed (which really, really sucked!! - very expensive installation!!!) - our trip is a 180 mile trip. Well just shy of 100 miles we lost the trans :sad: :grumble: Had to have the vehicle towed home - daughter's rode home with tow truck driver, hubby & I were in the truck on the flat bed (tow truck driver said that was legal...I'm still not so sure...) Oy - what a trip!!:sad:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Amcanzo- That sounds like a nightmare trip for sure!!!

So yesterday did not turn out to be zero....I had a half bottle of wine.

This week will be zeros until Friday though for sure! I am feeling very puffy, my skin looks like crap and I am exhausted and I know it is from all the booze this weekend.

Friday is my 30th bday...we are going out with a bunch of friends for dinner and drinks at my favorite local restaurant, so that should be great! Saturday is Mike's work Christmas party so cocktails I am sure, but I will probably be DD so not too much. Sunday is pizza at my grandmas for my bday, so maybe some wine.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I will definitely look into the limiting the lushiness more later when I have more time...

It's kind of weight maintainence with limiting the lushiness...so weight management with focus on watching the booze. Weight loss might be a bonus for some. It's only until Jan. 1st.

ss for the trouble you had with the vehicle. Nothing worse than that. Transmissions are very expensive and that in itself sucks; but, glad that you are all safe and that is good.

:drinker: :drinker: Happy Birthday Chloe :drinker: :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 0
    I know, "WTF a 0" but I was tired and our dog died on Friday. I was very tired and then the Sunday was over.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sun - 0
    I know, "WTF a 0" but I was tired and our dog died on Friday. I was very tired and then the Sunday was over.

Awwww, sad about the pup. :flowerforyou: (it's really a beer instead of a flower) Definitely emotionally exhausting to go thru that.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awwwww...sorry Zip - it's tough to lose a pet!:cry:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sorry Zip. That sux.
    Sorry Amcanzo. I hate car trouble.

I need to change my lushy ways. Things are not so good. Doug and I are going to try to make some changes together. we shall see.

not bad yesterday, I didn't give into the vodka until about 8 when I realized I wasn't going to sleep without it.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Chloe!!

Omg amcanzo....that kind of car trouble would drive me to drink!
    Oh my pal zip.....I'm very sorry. :cry:

I didn't drink much at all. Maybe a bottle of wine over the 4 days? I ate like crazy though since I had so much food in the house for the son and his buddies. His visit warmed my heart and will hold me over until he comes back for Christmas break.

In the meantime, I need to kick my own *kitten* and start exercising and eating better. I'm not getting near the scale today. I don't want to know.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Had some catching up to do. Sounds like everyone had quite the Thanksgiving week!

Zip, so sorry about your pup, it's so difficult to go through that :ohwell:

Very lushy Thanksgiving week, I did get in 3 bike rides but this week needs to be a bike ride each day so I'll work out when the husband does. Definitely easier to stay on track when we work out together :smile: I'd love to "dry out" but I'm sure there will be drinks tonight :laugh: and more Walking Dead =}

Chloe- your birthday is when Kyle and I got engaged last year :smile: and Sunday is my birthday :glasses: the big 27 haha.

I love the holidays but I can't wait to do my 2 week cleanse from Whole Foods after the New Year.

Happy Monday all :flowerforyou:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Zip so sorry about your pup...that is rough to go through

Kat- I will be 30, technically........BUT I have decided I'm gonna try 29 again, so that is what I keep telling everybody :wink:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Zip so sorry about your pup...that is rough to go through

Kat- I will be 30, technically........BUT I have decided I'm gonna try 29 again, so that is what I keep telling everybody :wink:

You're only as old as you feel :smile:
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to get a handle on my lushiness and I don't need to wait until the New Year to start. I couldn't even begin to imagine how much I drank this week.

What exactly is this and how do I get signed up? http://www.skinnyo.com/challenges/organise/50b302f6785f7

All good! I figured it out :) Just signed up, hopefully I did it correctly.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    It's only 30 days doxiemama, we can moderate for sure. Just looking to maintain during the holiday season and if I lose then it's BONUS.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Disney was fun! and not dry, thanks to my SIL! She had the shuttle driver take her to a grocery store and she bought cases of beer and bottles of wine, and she would sneak it into the night shows. they do have beer at CA Adventure but not Disneyland. We stayed at the Disney hotel and the restaurants do serve alcohol, too. I totally ate too much and weigh more than ever and haven't gone a day without drinking for longer than I can remember so I need to start warming up to a couple sober days per week!
  • nisijam5
    Options

I told my kids I was 29 for years and years and then finally it dawned on them that I was 29 the year before and my cover was blown.

Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0

It seems like so long and I am already craving an icy cold beer.

My goal is to be down 1.8 lbs in 10 days.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I'm way behind. Had a super lushy holiday and now it's back to real life. Last night was the first 0 since last Wednesday and that was only a 0 because I was getting over a stomach bug. Otherwise I'd probably have had like 2 weeks straight under my belt. I plan on not drinking much till Friday which is book club. Maybe some 0's in there.

I'm still on for Just Say No January but have a 1 night exception. We have tickets to see Grace Potter and The Nocturnals and I have never been to a concert alcohol free. Why start now? Plus we're going to have a yummy dinner. All kid free. But that's it!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I had too many drinks to count over the holiday...

Yesterday - 0

I'm shooting for 0 at least until Friday....fingers crossed.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Great thanksgiving and a great black friday beer day! I woke up a little nauseous friday morning but it passed, then saturday was pukey and sunday was pukey and yesterday was pukey....hoping today isn't pukey but I am not feeling so hot. Stupid stomach bug ruined the remaining fun time weekend I had planned. My sister in law and her fiance were at our house all weekend and the majority of which I was napping on the couch, BOOOO BELLY BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Stupid stomach bug ruined the remaining fun time weekend I had planned. My sister in law and her fiance were at our house all weekend and the majority of which I was napping on the couch, BOOOO BELLY BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it really is just a belly bug...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm still on for Just Say No January but have a 1 night exception. We have tickets to see Grace Potter and The Nocturnals and I have never been to a concert alcohol free. Why start now? Plus we're going to have a yummy dinner. All kid free. But that's it!

I don't think I've ever bowled sober...