May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ruby - Here is the link to a fairly recent list of "must haves" with a lot of input from other mamas. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/786561-my-must-haves-for-baby-list

Personally, I'm a minimalist, so less is more - but that will get you thinking at least :smile:
  • speshell4
    Options
    watching the scale creep up is stressing me out. I started off this pregnancy 8lbs heaver than the last. I can not afford to gain as much weight as I did with the last 2:(
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Ruby - Here is the link to a fairly recent list of "must haves" with a lot of input from other mamas. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/786561-my-must-haves-for-baby-list

Personally, I'm a minimalist, so less is more - but that will get you thinking at least :smile:

I agree, less is more! There is so much crap that is either useless or a space-sucking unitasker (as Alton Brown would say). I am so glad that this time I know what not to waste time and space with.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I hardly get on here too! Just always busy with work and the little man. But holiday was great, a very busy weekend, we were with family all weekend until Sunday! So we were worn out! I am glad everyone else had a great thanksgiving as well! I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he couldnt hear both heartbeats so he had me stay for an ultrasound and she was the worst technician I have ever had! She even asked me do you know which is baby A and baby B?!?! I was like yah based on other ultrasounds and she would point to one and say is that A or B......and then she couldnt take any good pictures, she was just awful.....I shouldnt have to tell you which of my twins are which bc it is easy to identify once you locate the cervix! So that was bothersome and she had no personality.....so I am hoping she wont be doing my next one on Dec 20th. I just cannot wait to know what they are! I have already been given a ton of girl stuff and still have everything from my son. When does everyone find out what they are having!? I have an ultrasound at the high risk doctor Dec 19th too, so I figure between the 2 appt back to back we should know what our babies are for sure! Ill be 18.5 weeks then so almost halfway there and I cant wait!
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    watching the scale creep up is stressing me out. I started off this pregnancy 8lbs heaver than the last. I can not afford to gain as much weight as I did with the last 2:(

I know how you feel - I'm gaining faster with this one than I did with my last (but that's because I was SOOO sick with my last). Hopefully it tapers off soon. At least it's good motivation to get my body moving again.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I hardly get on here too! Just always busy with work and the little man. But holiday was great, a very busy weekend, we were with family all weekend until Sunday! So we were worn out! I am glad everyone else had a great thanksgiving as well! I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he couldnt hear both heartbeats so he had me stay for an ultrasound and she was the worst technician I have ever had! She even asked me do you know which is baby A and baby B?!?! I was like yah based on other ultrasounds and she would point to one and say is that A or B......and then she couldnt take any good pictures, she was just awful.....I shouldnt have to tell you which of my twins are which bc it is easy to identify once you locate the cervix! So that was bothersome and she had no personality.....so I am hoping she wont be doing my next one on Dec 20th. I just cannot wait to know what they are! I have already been given a ton of girl stuff and still have everything from my son. When does everyone find out what they are having!? I have an ultrasound at the high risk doctor Dec 19th too, so I figure between the 2 appt back to back we should know what our babies are for sure! Ill be 18.5 weeks then so almost halfway there and I cant wait!

That's awesome that you had a great weekend! We spent one day with my in-laws, and that was enough - I was exhausted!

I'm sorry you had such a terrible ultrasound tech :frown: Some people in the medical field just have no bedside manner, it's amazing. Hopefully she won't be the same one for next time! Is there any way you can request someone else or find out in advance if she's scheduled to do it?

That is exciting, though, to think about what you are going to have! We have agreed, just like last time, to let the sex of the baby be a surprise. I think if we were having twins, though, I'd want to know so I could prepare as much as possible. Since we didn't know last time, preparing for a newborn shouldn't be too bad, since we have all gender-neutral stuff. It isn't until we get into the 3-6 month clothing that we got a lot of boys' stuff, but a lot of people gave us their old baby clothes, which included a lot of girls' clothes. So either way, we'll be prepared.

My next appointment is December 13th, when I will be about 16.5 weeks, and then the next one will be the big ultrasound where we will not be finding out the sex of the baby! Last time I asked my OB if she knew, and she said that she doesn't even find out (it's hidden in my file) because she accidentally spilled the beans to a patient once - so it will be a surprise to everyone!
  • RBXChas
    Options

I know how you feel - I'm gaining faster with this one than I did with my last (but that's because I was SOOO sick with my last). Hopefully it tapers off soon. At least it's good motivation to get my body moving again.

Agreed - it is definitely good motivation!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options

Thanks Momma! Xo
  • speshell4
    Options

Agreed - it is definitely good motivation!

I keep telling my self, You are having this baby right at the start of summer. You don't want to be huge all summer;)
  • speshell4
    Options
    Is it just me or does May seem right around the corner. I feel like I will blink and we will have another baby....
    we have my hubby's bday, christmas, newyears, my little guys first bday in march, My oldest birhtday in April and then a baby in May!!!
    I swear it will be here in no time. I am not ready
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Is it just me or does May seem right around the corner. I feel like I will blink and we will have another baby....
    we have my hubby's bday, christmas, newyears, my little guys first bday in march, My oldest birhtday in April and then a baby in May!!!

Yeah, it really does seem close, especially when you think our due dates are less than six months from now!
  • mormonmomma11
    Options

Yeah, it really does seem close, especially when you think our due dates are less than six months from now!

Holy Crap... thank for putting it into perspective for me ladies. Lol.

So, is anyone getting pregnancy related migraines/headaches. I don't remember these with my first. My doctor said I could take ibprofen up until about 28 weeks - but that totally freaks me out (I'm not big on medicine even when I'm not preggers).
  • RBXChas
    Options

Holy Crap... thank for putting it into perspective for me ladies. Lol.

So, is anyone getting pregnancy related migraines/headaches. I don't remember these with my first. My doctor said I could take ibprofen up until about 28 weeks - but that totally freaks me out (I'm not big on medicine even when I'm not preggers).

I had bad headaches in the first trimester with my first, but this time they weren't that bad. However, they have lingered into my second trimester. I have taken Tylenol almost every day since Thanksgiving (today has been ok, though, thankfully).

I'm surprised your doctor said ibuprofen was ok. I have always known that acetaminophen (Tylenol) is fine, but no aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin), or Naproxen Sodium (Aleve) while pregnant.

Can you stick to Tylenol? For me it's seemed to do the trick. Otherwise, I try to drink more water, and for some reason that helps.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    I had bad headaches in the first trimester with my first, but this time they weren't that bad. However, they have lingered into my second trimester. I have taken Tylenol almost every day since Thanksgiving (today has been ok, though, thankfully).

I'm surprised your doctor said ibuprofen was ok. I have always known that acetaminophen (Tylenol) is fine, but no aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin), or Naproxen Sodium (Aleve) while pregnant.

Can you stick to Tylenol? For me it's seemed to do the trick. Otherwise, I try to drink more water, and for some reason that helps.

Tylenol doesn't do anything for me... I heard there is an exedrin without asprin - I might look into that, but my guess is it's just acemetaphine too. I was surprised by the Ibprofen comment too. I thought it was a huge no-no, but she said that the concern is really in early pregnancy (thinned blood might effect a miscarriage) and the end of pregnancy. Regardless, I won't be taking any. I'm upping my water intake and trying to do deep breathing.
  • RBXChas
    Options

Tylenol doesn't do anything for me... I heard there is an exedrin without asprin - I might look into that, but my guess is it's just acemetaphine too. I was surprised by the Ibprofen comment too. I thought it was a huge no-no, but she said that the concern is really in early pregnancy (thinned blood might effect a miscarriage) and the end of pregnancy. Regardless, I won't be taking any. I'm upping my water intake and trying to do deep breathing.

The irony in the ibuprofen thing is that the first time I was pregnant, I was convinced that I was not pregnant (it was our second cycle of TTC), so I had some drinks (nothing worrisome, since I'm not a big drinker), and if I had a headache or cramps (since I thought my period was on its way), I took Advil. I then got a positive pregnancy test and went, "Oh, crap!" about the medicine, but everything turned out ok, thankfully!

I find that sometimes Tylenol doesn't make the headache go away completely, but it does help some. Does it help you at all, or does it do nothing? If the former, I'd at least take it and let it help some.

Also, there's that pressure point on the meat between your thumb and index finder. I find that it works somewhat, especially if you squeeze it until it hurts - though maybe it's a distraction :wink:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Oh, I almost forgot - good news on the insurance front!

A couple of weeks ago, I had disputed my bill for lab work surrounding the Pap smear and other fun tests they do with that, which were done on my first prenatal visit. Blue Cross only covered a small portion of the Pap test itself but none of the others (HPV, etc.). I suggested to them that under PPACA, they were required to cover those other tests, and the lady I spoke to on the phone said that they did not. She was nice enough but dismissive, so I submitted an inquiry in writing. Today I got my reply, and it turns out they re-evaluated the claim and determined that those tests *are* covered under PPACA, which means my patient liability went from nearly $400 to $0!

The claim was re-done only yesterday, so LabCorp doesn't yet have the revision in their system, but I will be SO happy to ignore that bill!

Christmas is still on! (Ok, it was always still on, but this really helps when it comes to buying gifts and donating to charities.)

Edited for s/v agreement
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Yes - thanks for posting Momma!

And sorry to hear about your headaches. I've been getting them at the back of my skull for the past week now. When they get really bad I find that 4-6oz of regular coca cola completely stops them. Go caffeine!

Our Thanksgiving was quiet and nice -- I made my first turkey solo and felt like I passed some sort of Motherhood test. :glasses: Now we are swimming in leftovers that I have no interest in. Go figure.

My doctor will do the gender anatomy ultrasound at 18 weeks, so I have mine scheduled for December 21st (which is great - now we can share the results with our family at Christmas!). I also receive back my NT/blood results tomorrow at my monthly appointment -- nerve racking!

I'm trying to get in a cardio/strength training 3x a week, but it's sure gotten more difficult. I feel out of breath so easily. Sometimes doing laundry seems like a herculean effort. I'm also finally (finally!) getting some appetite back. I'm still having a hard time with protein (thank god for yogurt) but I've stopped losing weight, which is a good thing! So, officially I'm at 14 weeks and down 6 pounds. I'm sure I'll more than make up for it in the coming months, but for now I'm ready to gain (it's weird saying that) as I need some sign that this baby is actually in there.

Glad everyone had a good Holiday! Did anyone go nuts with Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping?? I was very tempted, but am trying to wait for the sex.

RBXChas - congrats on sorting out the insurance! That's a huge win!!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Our Thanksgiving was quiet and nice -- I made my first turkey solo and felt like I passed some sort of Motherhood test. :glasses: Now we are swimming in leftovers that I have no interest in. Go figure.

My doctor will do the gender anatomy ultrasound at 18 weeks, so I have mine scheduled for December 21st (which is great - now we can share the results with our family at Christmas!). I also receive back my NT/blood results tomorrow at my monthly appointment -- nerve racking!

I'm trying to get in a cardio/strength training 3x a week, but it's sure gotten more difficult. I feel out of breath so easily. Sometimes doing laundry seems like a herculean effort. I'm also finally (finally!) getting some appetite back. I'm still having a hard time with protein (thank god for yogurt) but I've stopped losing weight, which is a good thing! So, officially I'm at 14 weeks and down 6 pounds. I'm sure I'll more than make up for it in the coming months, but for now I'm ready to gain (it's weird saying that) as I need some sign that this baby is actually in there.

Glad everyone had a good Holiday! Did anyone go nuts with Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping?? I was very tempted, but am trying to wait for the sex.

RBXChas - congrats on sorting out the insurance! That's a huge win!!

Thanks! I am SO glad I don't have to pay that bill this month (or ever)!

I also made my first Thanksgiving turkey all by myself, and it turned out great! Actually, it was the day after Thanksgiving, but still. I had no interest in the turkey after Friday, but my BIL told me on Saturday that he made turkey tetrazzini with the leftovers, so that's what I did on Sunday. I've been eating it for dinner ever since, and it's really good! I didn't use as much cheese as they say to in the recipe (though a smaller amount of stronger cheese, like asiago or romano, would work great), and I would cook it for less time so that it's not so dry and there's some creaminess:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/turkey-tetrazzini-ii/

I think it's really good, and I put my turkey in the food processor so that it was chopped up really well, so the recipe is more about the pasta and cheese rather than the turkey :tongue: I also put some Italian bread crumbs on top to add some crunchiness, which worked out well.

All in all, it was a fairly simple recipe, but certainly one I'll only be doing about once a year, since I have no intention of cooking a turkey regularly. We used to do a ham when we cooked a big meal on our own like that, and after doing a turkey, ham is so much easier!

Good luck with your NT/blood test results! I'm sure it'll be fine :smile:

Like you, I get tired and winded very easily. I was putting away laundry last night and was exhausted by the end! I don't remember being quite this tired last time, but I could be wrong. Finding the energy just to get out and walk is hard. Honestly I could go to bed by 8 or 8:30 every night. I'm hoping this goes away soon!

As for Black Friday, I generally avoid it like the plague, so I didn't go out this year. I checked out some maternity clothes online but wasn't happy with the deals, so I figured I'd wait until Cyber Monday. I did that, but it seemed like I would put things in my cart, then when I went to check out, most of them were out of stock. So I bought my son two shirts at Kohl's for $11, and that was it! I do have a few maternity dresses that I am hoping will carry me through Christmas so that I can snag all those post-Christmas clearance sales :happy:
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    I'm practically on cloud nine today! Last night I felt my little gummy bear baby moving and grooving! That feeling will never get old.

It's shocking to me how high the baby is this time. Everything was hiding behind my bellybutton at the last appointment - I wanna know where all my organs disappeared to so quick! I saw a picture of myself on FB from when I was about 7 months pregnant last time - and my baby bump is almost that big already! Yikes!

Also, my Motherhood order came in yesterday and amazingly, everything I bought fits like a glove. I may need to hem my jeans by a few inches (I'm only 5'4) but they look cute and my 18 year old sister said "Dang! I wish they made those without the belly band! I want a pair!" So yeah - last night was overall very exciting!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Im do May 27th! Im freaking out, because with my daughter who is now 9 years old I had gained 90 pounds! and so far i gained 15! my OB is yelling at me :( so I need SUPPORT!!! especially from you girls who are going through this pregnancy with me! My name is Katherine