Daily check in log

Options

Replies

• ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Jeff, your golf game is on. Look out Tiger!
    I did a Leg workout today but not Beast style. I am training with a good friend who is recovering from a knee injury. I did a rehab routine with him to get him back on the ball with his lower body. He was chased by a mean dog and had to jump a fence ASAP which lead to some pain.

Eating was really good today. A
    Water intake A
    Training D- no Beast in what I did
  • jar41yo6m
    jar41yo6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Helping your friend is the right thing to do.

Bulk Shoulders. It wasn't a very good work out. I had several good ones with the new 40s and I think I over did it. I'm pretty sore and stiff.

Water wasn't too bad, 12 cups.

Nutrition, wasn't very good about 33% all the way around and 400 calories over. I got my calories back on track with Insanity Cardio Plyo.

I'll start Lean Beast Phase tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to the change in workouts. I'm at 184 and have my lean mass calculated at 160, so I've gained 11 pounds of lean mass. I need to drop 8 pounds in four weeks to finish at 10% BF, which is doable.
  • c4z101
    c4z101 Posts: 13
    Options
    I restarted BULK phase yesterday and I am adding cardio!
    Just completed BULK legs. Going to drink some water and jump right into Insanity before my legs give out!!
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    c4z101: Nice to see you checking in here, keep it coming

Jar41: I too will soon be on the Lean phase to start the cut. Will take a bit to get macros to 40/30/30

Shawn: You are a good friend to sacrifice your workout for him.
    **********************************************************************************************************

Huge Beast Day 58/60

Water A, Drinking water all day and currently as usual

Nutrition A 25/50/25 and just under on calories

Workout A- Bulk Chest. Was not able to increase weights this time, but I am lifting heavy and with good form. Got home late from work and didn't really feel like working out today. It is a habit now and I just can't skip a workout. When I get home late, it doesn't leave much "me" time after dinner, workout, and shower. Hence the short check-in tonight.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I restarted BULK phase yesterday and I am adding cardio!
    Just completed BULK legs. Going to drink some water and jump right into Insanity before my legs give out!!
    Nice to have a new comer on the board with us. I know the infomercials for Body Beast will soon hit the air it will become much more popular as time goes by.
    I did Bulk Back today and ARX. Time to sharpen up my abs.
    Eating is really good A
    Water is good A
    I worked out alone today and intensity was good A

Is anyone thinking about doing it again after this round is up?
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    C4Z, Insanity and Bulk Legs? Wow, way to bring it! I'm mixing in some Insanity, but not on leg day.

Shawn, I plan on doing a second round but with my HS kids. If I can get one to agree to do it during the soccer season I'll start back March 1, he needs a 20 pound gain in the next year.

Workout: Build Chest and Tris, it was great to have a new routine that I felt in slightly different muscle groups. The weights went up, but I was hurting bad at the end. I added Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance; I'm trying to do the first month of Insanity on top of Beast Phase. So I have an option to finish the second month of Insanity at the end of Body Beast if I don't make the cut.

Water: 12 cups

Nutrition: Not too bad, I added in a workout to buy some calories back so I could get my macros balanced. I ended up 36-32-32. I'm having a hard time getting the Protein needed in the new macros.
  • c4z101
    Options
    Thanks everyone, good to be here :)

Yeah, I did Insanity immediately because I figured my legs would be out of commission for a couple of days if I didn't. And boy, am I feeling it in my butt today.

Today is Bulk Back. I have moved my bench and weights to my dining room and don't have a door frame so I am going to be running back and forward trying to do my pull ups (trying lol), should be fun.

Following with Insanity cardio recovery.
  • c4z101
    Options
    Is there a way to 'subscribe' to this thread so I receive notifications when people post?
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    C4Z, I don't know about notifications I just log every day.

Workout Bulk Legs and Insanity Cardio Recovery, I was over on calories again and needed the extra work.

Water, 12 cups

Nutrition, I was doing well...but the Mrs had warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. My Carbs were still on, but my fat was 3% high.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    C4Z: don't believe there is anyway to have you notified on this groups post, as said before, just log here everyday and you can check everything out.

Jar41: A couple of chocolate chip cookies never killed anyone!

Shawn: straight A's nice workout. Yes I am thinking about another round or two after this. Wish work would slow down a bit to give me a little more free time though.

***********************************************************************************

Huge Beast day 59/90

Water A+ 14+ glasses

Nutrition B-. Working lunch today on a major project. Pizza was ordered. Totally messed up my macros and they were unrecoverable by end of day.22/46/32 on a goal of 25/50/25

Workout A: Got home very late and could not get motivated for my workout. Bulk legs was scheduled. I had Laser treatment on my leg for chronic pain today. So decided it wasn't wise to do legs today. Subbed in tomorrow's workout Bulk Back. Weights went up on some stayed the same on some. Kept good form.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    C4z- I believe when you are friends with someone and they make a NEW topic, you will see a notice on your profile page. You should just create a habit to check into this group daily to make your post.

Jeff- It could be one full year of Beast mode for you if you did that. Remember to enter your 90 day results into the Challenge.

Jar41- I do have a weakness for choc chip cookies myself- fresh baked...oh boy!

I did Bulk Arms today. Really good pump. Even if I can't do the feel reps, I either drop it down or just to the movement with my arms and no weight put I really mentally pump and squeeze the muscle.

All aspects are A's today!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Shawn: Nice day my friend, you are a straight A student.....err I mean coach!

Huge Beast Day 60/90

Water A drinking all day.

Nutrition is an A so far. Still need 674 calories before bed and macros are on track. Will meet them before I head off to bed.

Workout Bulk legs. Had a good workout. Went up on some weights again. Working hard. a bit limited by my left big toe which has ligament damage. I tape it to the other toes to protect it. Makes the reverse lunches tough and I have to modify a bit. Also cause me to go a bit slower than the guys on the DVD. As Tony says, modify and then do your best and......

Forgot that today was day 60 until I started to post this. Will take pictures and measurements tomorrow and give an update on my progress.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Jfearn, Good to seeing you posting with your hectic schedule.

Sagi has the "Asian Sensation"; we have "Spot On Shawn", nice work with the str8 As.

Build Back and Bis for me. Another nice change from the Bulk grind, it feels good to change up the routines. I also did Insanity Pure Cardio, to buy back some calories.

Nutrition was within 2% of the goals, higher protein and lower carbs is a big diet change. I've almost got it dialed in.

Water was behind, just 6 cups.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Check in for yesterday Huge Beast Day 61/90

Water A, no issues here for me

Nutrition B- Was on track and then went out to dinner, which always messes me up, especially since my goal is to gain weight. Mentally I rationalize that this is cart-blanche to eat what I want and not track it. Need to get better about this. Getting ready to go into a cutting phase with Body Beast to lean out. Will have to do better than this to get the results I want. Time to "Man up" as Sagi says.

Workout A Bulk Arms. Raised the weights and had a good early workout. Took 60 day pictures after. Will work on posting a few here later today.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 62/90

Water A

Nutrition: still working on it. Need to eat 665 more calories before bed. Think I am going to be a little short today. That should be ok, because after tomorrow I enter the third phase and start cutting. I'll give it a B

Workout A: Bulk shoulders. I really like this one. Worked hard with good form. Tomorrow is scheduled rest day then on to phase 3 with some new workouts. Looking forward to the change as I have been on this phase for 6 weeks.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Hybrid Beast 62/120
    Slammed my Legs last night. All workouts are easy compared to any nasty leg training. Just takes the wind out of me and requires me to push very hard. Largest muscle takes the most work. Thus, why most men have skinny legs! lol
    Eating, water and workout A.

Had one of my co-workers ask, what are you doing your arms look bigger.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 63/90 End of phase 2

Water A

Nutrition C. Was over on calories and didn't get close to my macros either. Tomorrow starts a new eating phase. I go from 3200 calories down to 2200 and from 25/50/25 to 40/30/30. Need to get back to pre-logging so I can hit my macros. Pre-logged for tomorrow already. I am up for the macro challenge intotennis!

Workout: scheduled rest day. Played golf and again played very well (74) I am on a roll lately :happy:
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Nutrition, D

Water, C

Build Shoulders and Insanity Plyo Cardio, A

Faded fast on the Insanity workout and unusually sore and tight. I think the kids gave me the lung crud. As far as cutting goes, my weight hasn't dropped much. However the tape has been moving, almost 3/4 inch off my waist already. The higher protein diet seems to have my inerds on lockdown....sry yall had to hear that. Maybe it is a worthwhile warning.
  • dabascom
    dabascom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Day 79, Week 12: Bulk Back

Great training day. Did my own version of Back with some Sagi elements thrown in. Feeling great

Water: C ( I am just finishing my second 40 oz container but had 3 cups tea)

Nutrition: C (have not had a meal yet today which is very, very bad)

Workout: A...well, maybe an A- since I also did >60 min cardio today.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    jar41: High protein always does that to me for a few days as well. Not looking forward to it LOL

dabascom: That body needs fuel, Need to eat earlier in the day! Nice job on the workout.

Huge Beast Day 64/90 Beginning of phase 3

Water A, always have plenty

Nutrition A: New macro goals for this phase are 40/30/30. Performing the macro challenge from intotennis. Actuals were 41/30/28. New goals has me eating 1000 calories less too! I was hungry today:sad:

Workout A+ Build chest and tris. Had been a while since I had done this one. Pulled out the sheets from one month ago and raised the weights. It was a tough one and I really felt pumped after completing it. This workout is about 15 minutes longer than the Bulk discs. I felt like I got a really good workout. Weighed it at 175.9 this morning. Up 9 pounds since I started (which is good) Now time to cut to uncover those lean muscles!