Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I've done the program once before and am now in it for a second time after an injury took me off the road. I am training with a particular race in mind in March, which is how I always envision "finishing" the program. I'll make sure I post the results when they come online!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I finished W9 D3 today. I did it on a local multi-use trail with my two toddlers in the jog stroller. I wanted to go solo and see how I stacked up against the first day, but I don't know when I'd be able to wing that. And I started running BECAUSE I could work it around the other things I have going on, rather than trying to exercise at a particular place during specific hours, with childcare, etc. And anyway, the fact that I was able to complete 2.2 miles in a 30 minute run while pushing 60+ pounds worth of child and stroller speaks for itself. I am so grateful for the opportunity to become a runner - I was able to go a third again the distance I would have covered if I had walked for the same time.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I finished W9 D3 today. I did it on a local multi-use trail with my two toddlers in the jog stroller. I wanted to go solo and see how I stacked up against the first day, but I don't know when I'd be able to wing that. And I started running BECAUSE I could work it around the other things I have going on, rather than trying to exercise at a particular place during specific hours, with childcare, etc. And anyway, the fact that I was able to complete 2.2 miles in a 30 minute run while pushing 60+ pounds worth of child and stroller speaks for itself. I am so grateful for the opportunity to become a runner - I was able to go a third again the distance I would have covered if I had walked for the same time.

Wow! Graduating itself is impressive, congrats to you. Graduating with 60 pounds in a stroller... D-A-M-N! Rock on girl! Congrats to you!
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I graduated yesterday with a run through a windy blizzard and still managed to cling to a 10 minute mile pace. I am so proud of myself! I was a sweaty, snotty, phlegmy mess, but I was grinning like an idiot when I walked back in my door. It took me nearly 2 years of false starts and long breaks to finally pull myself together and complete the C25K program, and I'm so glad that I did it. I'm looking forward to running in races this year.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    You know, Shannon. When you graduate as a runner by running a 10 minute mile through a blizzard...it makes it really hard to find a good excuse for not running later. :) Congratulations!
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I did it! I completed C25K W9D3. Now I have to find a 5K to run soon and may work on gearing toward a 10K!
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    I did it! I completed C25K W9D3. Now I have to find a 5K to run soon and may work on gearing toward a 10K!

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! Yeah!!!!
  • ShannonKN
    Options
    You know, Shannon. When you graduate as a runner by running a 10 minute mile through a blizzard...it makes it really hard to find a good excuse for not running later. :) Congratulations!

Thanks! I have to admit that I checked last year's race results for my age group in my town, and it inspired me to train with a goal of placing in the top 3 for my division in a race by the end of the season. (I'm 32 and in a small town, so it's not like I'll have to shave 10 minutes off of my 5K.)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Yay, Toddka1!
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm claiming victory even though strictly speaking I've only completed W8D3 - the app that I use (Guy Hoffman's C25K pro which is crap, don't buy it) suddenly began cutting out ten minutes into a run which was VERY annoying. So I've just been running for thirty to forty minutes at a time for a week or so. Still slow and I get very fatigued towards the end but I do it. Yay me!
  • ShannonKN
    Options
    Congrats, Froody2! Great job!
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :drinker:
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I RAN 5KM TODAY!!
    I have a 5km Fun Run on Sunday - but the husband and my daughter are coming along so it won't be a full on run. So I decided to do it today instead, and just enjoy the slower paced 5km on Sunday.
  • EWhitaker526
    EWhitaker526 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Graduated on Saturday!!! Felt so good to finish those 30 minutes!! Lost 21 pounds while doing the program. Now just have to find a 5k in my area and things will be complete!
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    Graduated on Saturday!!! Felt so good to finish those 30 minutes!! Lost 21 pounds while doing the program. Now just have to find a 5k in my area and things will be complete!

Congrats that's fantastic! Good for you! Wow, 21 pounds, holy smokes!
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    I RAN 5KM TODAY!!
    I have a 5km Fun Run on Sunday - but the husband and my daughter are coming along so it won't be a full on run. So I decided to do it today instead, and just enjoy the slower paced 5km on Sunday.

Congrats to you! How'd the fun run go yesterday?
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Graduated on Wednesday!! Ran 3.8 miles!! Finished my 5K in 36 minutes!! It feels so good to be able to run again! Going to keep doing this until the end of the month, then the 10K training starts!! Good job to everyone on here!!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Wow! I haven't visited this post in awhile. Great job you all!! I admire your commitment to completing the 12 weeks.
  • AggroAce
    Options
    A little late to rejoice but just found this group... I graduated C25K February 5, an 8 week program took me 6 months to complete. I took it slow and would increase my speed until comfortable before moving on. I now run 5.5 km 3 days a week and weight train on my 'off' days. Started at 315 Lbs and am currently at 256 Lbs running a pace of 6 MPH or a 10 min mile. Looking back it's hard to believe but this is now my lifestyle and there is no end to the improvements I plan. Kudos to all and keep on trucking.
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just did my first 5k race yesterday! I started c25k in early November and completed in late January. I worked on my own with the NHS 5k+ podcasts. Happy to say that I met my goals - not to stop running and to come in under 45 minutes. I didn't stop and finished in 39:43. Now to keep on going and find my next race!!!