2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Nice work on the new thread!

Beeps--Of all the places to get stranded, Palm Springs isn't too bad! Though it would have been nice if they had figured out that there was a problem with the plane a little earlier....

I got my run in this morning rather than last night, and it felt good. It's supposed to be a nice weekend so I'm hoping to get out there again at least on Sunday.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Yay for the new thread!!!

Beeps- That stinks! Airlines are ridiculous!

Ris- Great job on getting your run in. Its supposed to be nice out here this weekend too. I am hoping to get out and get a little vitamin D!

I have done pretty well this week. Got in all the workouts I have had planned so far. yesterday and today were rest days just because I didn't have time. Excited and ready for the weekend! Have a lot of eating out I will have to do this weekend. But, not being able to drink makes it easier to keep cals in check.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options
    The weather here is sucky (today) - cloudy, windy, maybe 14 degrees?? Forget it.

I'm stressed because I don't know what's going on back at the office. I'm stressed because I have to use up a stupid "holiday day" for today - and, frankly, if I'd wanted a "holiday day", I'd have booked us out on Saturday and just enjoyed a full week here!

Anyway, I did a 90-minute weigh work-out....am nicely sore all over. Am feeling less-stressed.

We're heading out to a mexican restaurant for lunch and then back to the dumb airport. I don't get home until late tonight. Missing oldest son's concert - which he is TOTALLY bummed about. Our young ones were in TEARS last night because we didn't make it home.

Thank GOD for a VERY FLEXIBLE nanny. Love her.

Everything else will work out in the wash, I expect. My husband did get another day with his mom, because they rescued us from the airport and brought us back to their condo. Since he only sees her once a year, this was a gift.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Went to cardio step class, today. Yay! Up 5 lbs. Boo.

I'm done with holidays for awhile - thank goodness, I eat WAY TOO MANY CARBS when I'm gone. I know it's bloat. I know it will be gone in a week. But, I am tired of doing the "down/up/down" dance.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Bumping for later. I'll catch up at lunch.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am back at work....TONS of stuff to do - it won't be a boring week!

I am going to get a lifting session in at lunch. And then I have to be at the dental hygienist this afternoon - even though I have a canker sore in my mouth. Eeeeeekkkk!

Am keeping my calories as low as I can for as long as I can to get the bloat off. And, drinking water like mad, again, now that there are washrooms nearby (all the time....).
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Well....my weekend had some highs and some lows. I went to PT Friday morning and got some adjustments and felt SO much better than I did after my hard last Sunday run. I was flying down steep hills, hitting the pavement hard with long strides, and it just rocked my body. My PT got on me about better form (again) so I need to work on that to have long term pain free running. The good news is that he thinks this Friday may be my last session!

Food was so-so and ranged from sensible eating out at restaurants (we ate nearly all of our weekend meals out.....) to the dreaded fourth meal.....White Castle at about 1:00am Saturday night/Sunday morning. :noway: First time I've done that in a LOOOOONG time. I drank a decent amount, but actually paced myself pretty well on Saturday considering I drank ALL day long pretty much. I didn't log anything from after lunch Friday through yesterday, but I sort of doubt I'm going to go back and log it. I'll estaimte for my spread sheet.

Saturday morning was my 5k. I was awake from 4:30 till right before the alarm went off at 6:30 so I was beat. I still managed a good time, about 29:30 so I was pleased with that. I went for a nice long walk with the baby and found a great little neighborhood park walking distance from my house yesterday. I see lots of play time in our future there. The weather was gorgeous yesterday so I was glad to be out in it. I was super groggy when I woke (from lack of sleep and drinking all day), but felt about 100% better after getting my blood moving.

I did have a little sort of epiphany over the weekend after going to PT. Well, something I already knew, but reminded myself. I am never going to be a super fast runner. I don't particularly like running long distances. I will always run and need to be okay with the fact that I run 9:30 - 10 minute miles and I prefer to run 2-3 miles. I don't have to be excellent at it.

I also realized that only doing running for the last 7 weeks has left me less than pleased with my body. My stomach is so jiggly right now it's not even funny. My weight is only about 3-4 pounds off from when I was actually starting to see some defninition, but I feel like since cutting out strength, circuits, interval training, my body is getting squishy. So needless to say, I am ready for this mini training to be over. I debating cutting my runs from 3 to 2 and adding in some strength training 2 days a week and may very well implement that. But then I feel like I'm half @ssing 2 things....so I don't really know. I have 7 more weeks of training. 2 weeks after that is our FL trip. I think I can manage lifting 3x a week and 2 days of running. Then I have about 3.5 weeks between FL and Bonnaroo, so maybe I could 30 Day Shred or 6 week 6 pack religously for that. I wrote myself a workout plan for the week and I think I'm going to revise it to 2 runs (long and short....probably 3 miles and hopefully 8 although my parenst are in town this week) and 3 days of lifting. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long post. I tend to think out loud on here about my goals, etc.....

It's good to hear from everyone. I hope you all have a great week! I'm so ready for spring. The mid 60 degree day yesterday has me itching for me sunshine and warm weather.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! Wow, a new thread!! Sorry I didn't contribute to that :grumble:

Beeps - ugh, stinks about the delays'cancellations, but glad you are home, back to the routine and working off the bloat!

Ris, Hope you got your run in Sunday!

Chloe - Congrats on your pregnancy!! I did see that while skimming the previous thread! So exciting :happy:

Better – I haven’t been steady with my strength training and am more squishy than when I had surgery over a year ago and couldn’t lift :angry: I am so done with this and my booty is in gear as of today!! Your plan sounds great, good luck!

As for me, more stress with work, FB drama etc…so I signed off of Facebook as of Saturday night. I did make some good food for lunch today and will post that on my fit page though.

I started logging today and need to make a plan. I am just bored with everything. I just know it needs to incorporate strength training. My friends have been trying to get be to do Body Pump, so I may try that.

Love that you ladies are still here. I hope I can be active participant again!! Day 1, so far so good :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm Day 1, too....

I'll think about my "2-week-challenge"....although, really, it's gonna be about:

1. keeping my calories <1,350 per day;
    2. fasting until at least noon;
    3. no late-night snacking;
    4. no bingeing; and
    5. weighing only once-per-week.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi jen!!! Welcome back to the fold....we're addictive, you know??

Better - I'm not a runner, so I don't feel qualified to weigh-in on the different options you have presented. I hope the girls return to this forum, soon!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options

Better - I'm not a runner, so I don't feel qualified to weigh-in on the different options you have presented. I hope the girls return to this forum, soon!

Thanks Beeps! Welcome back Jen!

I went ahead and made up my mind after I wrote my lengthy post. I'll be running 2 days and lifting 3. I lifted last night and it felt great, so I think this will be good for me. I'm not really worried about being able to finish the mini. I could probably honestly bust it out now if I had to. I am in good enough cardio shape, my body is strong enough, and mentally I can do it. I have a time in mind I'd like to stay under (135 minutes) but if not, no biggie. I made myself a workout schedule for the rest of the month and I'm feeling good about it.

I also went back and logged, best I could, my weekend. It is so helpful to watch the numbers in detail. I used to aim for 1200 calories a day for a long long time, never log on weekends and couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing. Well Saturday is a prime example: breakfast out, daytime party with booze, cheese, cupcakes, etc., more drinking, late night fast food and BAM I had over 3,000 calories, negating any deficit I had during the week. Sooo....here are my goals:

1. 1 "short" run
    2. 1 "long" run
    3. lift 3 days (I'm doing 4 moves a session: set of 15, 2 sets of 8 and a set of 6)
    4. 1350 calories a day; I can eat back exercise calories
    5. 1 cheat day not to exceed 2,000 calories, and yes I should log it. I really do want to watch the numbers and make sure I have either eaten at a deficit enough through the week or burned enough throughout the week to cover my overage on my cheat day.

That's it. I'm sore today and it feels soooo good. So this is my plan really up until my vacation starting May 11. I have some plans for a 24 hour juice fast and some detoxy type things the week before too. In between FL and Bonnaroo I think I'll switch back and do 6 week 6 pack 4x a week since I had such good results before with it. But who knows what I'll feel like then! So that gets me through the summer.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I need to set some 2 week goals. Since I found out I was pregnant. I have kind of had that...."well I cant drink so I can eat more cals" attitude. And I am already up a couple pounds. So I need to get myself in check. I have my cals set at 1500 and I got my heart rate monitor fixed, so I am going to log exercise cals as well. So that will probably put me at about 1800 average cals a day.

So my 2 week goals are:

1) Stay within weekly overall calorie goals.
    2) More water
    3) my normal 3 days at the gym (2 classes each day)
    4) 2-3 days on the treadmill
    5) Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project DVD 2 times a week (I should be receiving it in the mail Thursday)
    6) Overall better eating, I feel like my carbs have gotten out of control the past few weeks (I tend to crave carbs when I am stressed and work has definitely been stressful lately)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Jen!
    Beeps- Glad you made it home. I'm sure the weight gain is mostly water bloat.
    Chloe- Sounds like a good plan. Start your day off with extra protein and that should help with the carb cravings - so they say. I have been extra bad with the carbs this past week.
    Ashley- That's sounds like a good plan. I love cardio, but I see better results when I add in the weight training.

I feel frustrated because I wa on a roll last week and then had to take a week off of working out and my eating went down hill. I did weigh in Monday and nothing changed. I don't know if I want to go back to to LP or just stick to the old 40/30/30....I'll decided by onday. I did leg work today, mostly floor work with weights. When i was laying on my right side, I felt a slight discomfort in my shoulder. Right now, the joint is bothring me more than the muscle. I want to to bicepts/tricepts tomorrow, but do you think lifting the weight over head will aggravate my shoulder??? I don't have a 2 week plan right now. Hopefully by Monday.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Better - your plan looks solid.

chloe - I think the "pregnancy announcement" is PURE EXCITEMENT! Not surprised you went over calories....but, remember, HOW MANY TIMES, in your life, are you REALLY going to have THAT exact moment, to CELEBRATE?? Not many - so, go easy on yourself. Heck, I REALLY did enjoy eating during pregnancy....I knew I'd get the weight off after baby came!

kclynch - can you try some "lying tricep extenstions", or "lying pullovers" to work your triceps?? Might be easier on your shoulder! And, if you have access to TRX, they have some wicked bicep moves, too, that might work for shoulder injuries.

Day 3 of low-calories. I'm kind of "in-the-groove" at this point. If I could get,say, 28 days in a row, I think I'd be in pretty good scale weight.
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Better – Nice to see you on FB…I giggled when I saw your comment about the muffins :smile: They were a hit by the way!! My entire family loved them! Your plan really looks great!! I think writing it out like that puts it into motion!!

Chloe – I love that you have a plan and will continue this lifestyle while pregnant. I wish I had found fitness with both of my pregnancies :huh: It will be so nice to watch your progression throughout your pregnancy!

KC - You can get back to your good eating…like you said, you were doing well, you can do it again! Lifting overhead (depending on the actual exercise) could add aggravation to your shoulder. You should, however, keep it moving and blood circulating through it. I hurt my joint and there were definitely some tricep exercises that hurt. My trainer had me do some exercises to strengthen my rotator cuff and here is a link to some - they really helped http://www.summitmedicalgroup.com/library/adult_health/sma_rotator_cuff_injury_exercises/
    Definitely give it some time to feel better.

Beeps – glad you are in the groove! It’s so nice to be able to get right back to your routine. You have been doing so fantastic!

I got my weights in last night with my son, I love lifting with him. Food has been great too. NSV today, we went to a restaurant with my FAVORITE chicken jalapeno soup…so not good for you. My other two friends ate it, but I had a salad with a grilled piece of salmon on top :happy: Yay! Day 2 and I feel GREAT!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi jen! Your abs STILL look fabulous!

When my daughter's hockey season ends (2 weeks), I'm going to start her on weight-training. This is VERY exciting for me! We'll just do bodyweight until her form is EXCEPTIONAL. Then, we'll add in small weights. Start with 1-rep of Venus program. Hopefully work up to 2-reps of the program (maybe even 3 - time permitting!) by summer. She is VERY excited!

And, that will help me bring up "nutrition-planning" with her, as well....I think she totally understands that fitness-nutrition go hand-in-hand.

Today, I lift!

Oh, and this is day 4 of LOW CALORIES....I'm getting that streak going - I'm feeling VERY strong - and I intend to utilize this confidence to get through a minimum of one-month streak! Gonna chisel down, babes, gonna chisel down.
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Beeps, that's an old pic I'm using as my motivator :grumble: Lol!! Yay for your daughter being on board!! I think your plan is great. Ease her in :wink:

I am with you on the low cal thing! day 3 for me and so far so good. Weights planned for sometime today, but first a healthy lunch with my hubby and getting fitted for new orthotic inserts...I have overused mine :tongue:

Happy Hump Day ladies!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Finally checking in on this thread, sorry I have been MIA, I read everyone's posts and it sounds like everyone is doing really well, or has a great plan ofr doing really well! I have been taking the time off from working out and just listening to my body on the eating, and I do log but I am finding that I am not so hungry when I don't work out, which is not surprising, but I also know that I sleep better and feel better (less depressed and anxious) when I work out so I need to get back into a routine, I am just not sure what.
    I have the "kid in a candy store" attitude where I think everything sounds like a good idea, especially because there is so much I haven't tried-pilates, pure barre, zuzana (formerly of body rock), spartacus...
    I think, ok, what is going to have me looking good in a bikini but the answer is, I have no idea. I am not at all convinced of anything anymore. And all of you who get squishy running, well, I am squishier after weight training all winter, so I know the diet is key for me, but I have to exercise too.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm just checking in too. My motivation has been pretty low lately, so I've done okay with nutrition and exercise but not great. With the time change I haven't been able to get up early to work out (except today, when I was meeting a friend for a run so I HAD to get up), but I'm hoping to take advantage of having more daylight in the evenings and working out after work more often until I can start getting up earlier again. I haven't been running as much for the last few weeks and it's definitely affecting my mood for the worse. I've been loosely logging during the week, though I've had a few meals out here and there that have made it tough. I've given into a few cravings for desserts, but I haven't gone overboard. I'm hoping to be more inspired next week with some goals!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been MIA too - we're getting really busy on the farm, spring is in the air! I've been reading along with you all and trying to keep up as much as I can, even if I don't have time to comment to everyone. Sounds like some of us are going strong (woo!) and some of us are losing a little steam....but hang in there ladies, we can do this! :flowerforyou:

Count me in to the losing steam group! I know that always happens for me around this time. I'm so glad I keep a little workout/food journal that I can easily go back and check out because it gives me great perspective. The part of me that wants to back off this time of year is saying....it's been two whole months and you're not at goal weight/measurements, blah blah. You need to relax, you've been working hard, you deserve a break!

Then I go back in my journal and see: It's been about 5 weeks since I've been in a legit calorie deficit. Only FOUR really, since one of those weeks was more on a maintenance level. It's been 8 weeks since I've been getting my workouts in four days a week. No real need for a break there. I haven't weighed in in weeks, and won't until April 1st, so I owe it to myself to see what I can do this with this time and stay focused! I haven't *officially* taken my measurements, but I have checked out a few here and there and I am down a little bit. It just takes time. I have to remind myself constantly!

Anyway, my past few weeks have been pretty good food wise - I started to lose some steam there, but managed to get back on track. Hubby's birthday is this weekend (on St. Patty's day!) so I have a treat to look forward to there and a reason to keep it all in check all week! :laugh:

Hope everyone is doing well! Be rockstars!