2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Warrior Dash was great! Firefly 5k was fun too! I am going to have a rest week until Wednesday Aug. 29 and then trying for 9 weeks to eat in a 10-hr window each day, drink alcohol one day per week, and will workout 1 hour three times each week-cardio HIIT followed by strength training, based on the orange theory of fitness. I know that is contra-indicated by some but I am not trying to build muscle, just keep my heart-rate in a fat burning zone after cardio. It's all an experiment, will try for 2 weeks and see what happens. I want to try carb-cycling too, so three days of low-carb, followed by 1 day of high-carb and so on.
    This week I got my egg dish made for 4 breakfasts, but not a lot of meals at home planned at the moment.
    Welcome back, Beeps! good luck with the job search!
    Reese, sounds like you are back on track, have fun at the animal safari. I want to go to Water World with my neices, they don't go back to school until after labor day in NY.
    Ashley-for breakfast oatmeal with peanut butter and protein powder is yummy-tastes like and oatmeal cookie to me. I also make a crustless quiche-4 eggs and a cup of milk with any cooked ingrediants I have-this week it's spinach, ham, and potato with swiss. I also like breakfast burritos with scrambled egg and salsa and usually a strip of bacon, it comes in under 300 cals-about 100 each for the egg, bacon and tortilla.
    Jen, glad to see your smiling face again, back in school already! did you ever make it to Estes?
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Jen - your food sounds fabulous, as always
    Ashley - hope your leg feels better
    Mama - enjoy the time with your kids
    Beeps - welcome back, I'm glad you had a good time and good luck with your next career move
    Amy - Yay for your Dash & 5K, enjoy some rest! I understand what you're doing with the cardio and strength. I used to take some Cardio/Sculpt aerobics classes and that was always the order we did things in and it was great. You're right, it's not about building muscle, it's that you get a better calorie burn by combining the two together that way.

Unfortunately I did not get to perform this weekend as I was too sick to dance yesterday. I've got a nasty cough & cold and felt horrible. I must confess that I was not too disappointed as I found out that we would have been dancing on grass, not cool when you are doing a modern piece barefoot with costumes that had white pants that were a thin see-through material and there was a lot of rolling on the ground and stuff. Anyways, thankfully I got some lifting in Saturday and I managed to do some Plyometrics this morning from my P90X DVD set. I think I'll try to get some yoga & running in this week as well as ballet class & lift again on Saturday.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    Amy - glad to read the Warrior Dash was enjoyable! Nice.

abigail - sorry about your being sick....but, if you are "okay" with missing the dance, then, yay!

My back remains sore. I will do weight-training today, but will dial the weights back, pretty good, so that I can get through it.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I completed my weight-training!! Yay! (Yes, it wasn't the toughest session I've ever participated in....)

Hopefully the DOMS won't be too bad.

One more Stage 7 session....then, I have to decide if I want to finish Stage 6, or just move forward to NROL4Abs. All those planks....
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    So I have absolutely no motivation to work out at all. Have been doing good with eating, but I just cant muster up the energy or will power to get in a good workout. I have been walking every morning for 3 miles and that is it for about the past week and half. Today I received Supreme 90 in the mail. I am thinking of doing the first workout tonight in hopes that it will get me excited about starting a new program....wish me luck :ohwell:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Are you pregnant???

Early pregnancy can be WHACKO with how EXHAUSTING it can be!!!!!!!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    But, I have been having a VERY hard time getting back into "working out", too, after this vacation. Funny. After Hawaii, I was ALL gung-ho to get back at it. I felt my body changing with the weight-lifting and I was SOOOOOOOOOO excited to see the "results". Now, 6 months later, I'm pretty "myeh" about it. Because, my body isn't changing that much, anymore, my saddlebags are still there, BIG AS DAY, and I just don't think there is enough TWEAKING, in the world, that I am left willing to do.

I feel "spent", as it were.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Nope not pregnant, but I actually got my period Sunday, so maybe that is it? Couldn't even bring myself to start Supreme 90, just took the dog for a walk.....maybe I will take another week with walking and see how I feel next week. As long as I stick with good eating I won't feel too bad about it.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Totally agree....the diet is the key, in any event! (The exercise is for "the mind", moreso than "the body", imho.)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I agree! I have been rockin the diet, and my sneak peak at the scale says it's working. However, I look and feel better when I workout too! I think I'm just going to start this round of P90X over on Saturday. i really want to give it my all!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Chloe and Beeps, maybe you just physically AND mentally need a break. It's exhausting being so dilligent at something for months on end. I've been pretty motivated to work out this week so far, but now I'm afraid I've done something to my IT band and hip flexor; same leg. It felt better after resting over the weekend and my run (super speedy....I was running 8.6 minute miles for 2.25 miles which is lightening fast for me!) yesterday, it's hurting again. Thus, I skipped 6w6p during morning nap today (I'm off today). I hate to ditch 6w6p this close to completion. I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow and maybe go back to L1 for a bit; it has way less lunges and leg work.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I am enjoying my break, but I just realized I decided to get strict before Labor Day! I want to renogotiate!
    Ashley, I hope your hip-flexor/IT band gets to feeling better, DH struggles with that injury.
    KC, glad you are being rewarded for your efforts, that is always nice. I haven't gotten on the scale in a long time and I think it can't be too bad, my clothes still fit! Dh says he doesn't check his credit score but he figures if he keeps getting preapproved credit offers it must be ok:tongue:
    I am not sure that I feel better when I work out, really, but it does give me a sense of accomplishment and I have to earn my breaks or I just feel lazy. That "runner's high" has eluded me!
    Beeps, you are so close to being done with NROL4W, that is such a huge accomplishment, and really, there is no telling what you might be looking like if you hadn't! You know with "before" pictures, I just thought about it, like whether a skin-care regimine is working or not and maybe looking the same is actually an accomplishment, you never know how mad the wrinkles/spots would have been without it!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC:

Hmmmmm....here's a weird thing:

My husband's 2nd ex-wife is kind of cyber-stalking me!

They've been divorced for, I dunno, 14 years?? 15 years??

Quite by accident, now that I have seriously started job-hunting, I find this little button on linkedin.com which states something like, "11 people have reviewed your profile in the last 6 days". So, I click on it and it pops up with different persons....a recruiter was actually the top one, followed by some tax lawyers, and some accountants. And THEN, the name (I think) of the 2nd ex-wife!!!

I asked hubby about it last week, as in, "why would this person be looking at MY linkedin.com profile??" Truth is, she's probably looking at my husband's profile, but since he and I are linked maybe she followed it that way??? Anyway, I don't want to go look at HER linkedin.com profile, because then she can click on that same little button and SEE that I've looked at her! Instead, I tried facebook and, whadda-ya-know, her fb profile is PUBLIC (dumb). She has 2 photo albums: 1 of her "house" and 1 of her "kids". So, I think the "house" album is weird....it's an average house on an average street in a city husband used to live in. But, the "kids" album is weirder (to me)....cats and dogs, of course!!

This woman never remarried. Obviously never had (human) children. But, WHY would she be creeping on her ex-husband's wife sooooooooooo many years after a split??????????

I think this is nuts.

I said to my husband that I'm going to connect to her on linkedin.com with this message:

"Hi! I see you have been stalking me on linkedin.com and then I noticed that we have the SAME LAST NAME! So weird since I don't know anybody in Canada with my last name, but maybe my husband does....I'll ask him. Oh, by the way, are you a cat-lover or a dog-lover?? And, is your house in an expensive part of ___city, or the cheap-*kitten* neighbourhood?? Chat later, loser!!"

Husband laughed and then said, "no, she'll call a lawyer and then it'll be hell to pay." She was a weirdo once they got married, which explains why he divorced her as fast as he could (from marriage to divorce took 9 months....total!)

Anyway, am I wrong to be FREAKED OUT that koo-koo ex- is cyber-watching me?????????????? Hell, she might have been at it for YEARS, and I haven't known.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Yeah, beeps, that is weird! Facebook changed everything. Who knows, maybe she got curious one night after too much wine, that's when my friends and I start googling old exes. I didn't know that LinkedIn lets you see who viewed your profile, maybe I need an upgrade, I always thought those, "see who's been looking at your profile" were virus scams!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I don't know Beeps; I still check from time to time to see if my high school boyfriend/fiance (never married him) has ever gotten a FB account so I can spy on him. And we split 12ish years ago. Maybe that makes me a crazy stalker..... :wink: I'm just nosey. I stalk everyone on FB because they don't KNOW I'm stalking. THis is why I never use my linked in account.

My leg hurts still! I'm bummed. I know I should rest, but I really wanted to wrap up 6w6p after next week. Wah. I also have a bad rash on the side of my leg strangely enough where my IT bands is super tender. I assume its all unrelated. I took 4 Ibu's yesterday and it helped so maybe I just have some imflamation. What do you do for that other than take anti-inflamatories again? I'm still considering L1 of 6w6p tonight since its a lot of floor work.

Well, off to give a presentation. Today is my Friday! WOo hoo!
  • jkchampton
    Options
    I am new to the group. What is the challenge and when did you all start?
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA this week - just recovering from how busy and hectic last week was at work and enjoying a rest week! I realized I've been letting my diet slip a bit (not prepping my food as much, getting off my macros, less clean) so starting next week I will make 3 week goals to get my stuff together. I took measurements again - I am down itsy bit here and there. I really need to push to make these last few weeks effective. I CAN DO IT. Though, I don't think I'll end up anywhere near my body fat goal. Sigh. Maybe I'll do a metabolic recovery program after I take a mental rest from pushing myself. It just doesn't make sense I haven't lost more - though I'll not for sure when it is done and I get bod pod and compare photos etc.

I'll try to catch up.

Jen - can i just have like all your recipes? But really, if you could scan them or they're in a word doc or something that would be amazing! I have 3 tough diet weeks coming up and I am going to need some variety to keep me going!

Reese- great attitude on the weekend - you can do it!

Beeps - glad you enjoyed vacation but Im sorry about the work stress...it makes total sense, I can only be spazzy be so many things at once too. Which is why when this cut is done I am happily going into maintenance for a while while the fall conference season hits and I apply to phd programs. Best of luck with your job search! I will keep my fingers crossed something wonderful turns up.

On the exwife - while I think it is bizarre I also wouldn't get too worked up about it...unless you keeps seeing signs she's stalking you on other sites or contacting you. To be honest, it might have been a mindless click (or more). I would wait and see and be vigilant. If you see other signs she's poking around I would have a lawyer friend send her a letter asap and not contact directly with her ever. That said, Ashley is right. Sometimes I check in on exes and what not, even if I have no real care about what they do - its sort of purient but its fun too. (ohhhh, look how fat he got!)

Amy - can you send me instructions on how you make your crustless quiche?

Abigail - hope you're feeling better!

Chloe - sometimes we just need a break! I agree with Ashley - sounds like you just need a rest!

Ashley - sorry about the soreness and the rash! I will sometimes take a rest day if I am very sore but mostly I just work through it and find it helps.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks, all....I agree it probably is a "no big deal" thing! But, as an aside, I'm told that if you go to other people's fb sites (because you think there's no way they can see that you "checked them out", that's not quite true....that person might then get a "recommendation" to connect to you as a fb friend!!

chui - I'm back in a 6-month challenge that I realize I don't want to be in.....I'm kind of just wanting to be at maintenance, keep lifting as heavy as I can, and not worry about the rest. But, I aslo think taking pictures is KEY, and that's really the ONLY thing demanded of me in the challenge - so I keep at it. (I mean, if I lose zero inches and zero pounds in the challenge, it's not like something terrible is going to happen to me!)
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Beeps- I agree with everybody....I wouldn't read too much into it!

Ashley- Sorry about your injury....hope you feel better soon!

Kate- You are killing it as usual!

I finally feel like I am ready to get back into it. I don't feel like starting a dvd program at all, which is usually motivating for me. I think I am going to keep up with my morning treadmill workout...and start to pick up the pace a little on that. And then do lifting 3 days and week and an occasional yoga class. This is my 30 day plan. So run/walk 5 days a week and lift 3. The lifting I did yesterday included:

squats
    bent over rows
    upright rows
    chest press
    lunges
    deadlifts
    shoulder press

I did 3 sets of 12 of each with dumbells ranging from 15 to 25 pounds. It took me about 50 minutes all together with rests in between. Anyone have any suggestions on how to improve this workout at all?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sounds like everyone seems to be getting refocued. Great job ladies!

jk - welcome. We set new personal goal(s) every 2 weeks and just check in from time to time. I think the board has been more about support and feedback than goals, but I'm okay with that. Personally, it helps me spell out the things I want to get accomplished for 2 weeks and I enjoy the socialization too! :smile:

Well, I took a "rest" day on Wednesday and just took an easy walk. Yesterday I did 6w6p but just took it a little easy and focued more on good form rather than getting more reps in and that helped. And I think I figured out that doing "the lighthouse" may have tweaked my hip flexor. My IT band on that side is tender too, but my right IT band is also tender althought a little less. And my rash/poison ivy is contributing to my surface tenderness too. I've just been popping ibuprofens and seem to be okay. I took what I thought was a slow jog this morning, but it ended up being 10:30 minute miles which I am pleased with considering the 50lbs I'm pushing with stroller, car seat and baby. I weighed in a pound up today, but had some soy sauce last night so maybe Im retaining water. Anyways, pretty good week for me. I hope to be reasonable over the weekend and wrap up 6w6p next week. I may do one more week and then it's onto something new, probably strength centered. Have a great weekend ladies!