2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,005 Member
    Options
    Chloe, I think the work-out looks good. Just remember to change it up every 6 weeks - 8 weeks at the most. (That might mean, instead of doing back squats, to do one-legged squats, instead of doing deadlifts, doing some one-legged point work, etc.)

Better - I think you are KILLING everything you try. This is very inspirational.

It's been a so-so week for me. Maybe I'll make it to the gym, today, maybe not....I have a meeting that is going to bleed into my lunch hour and that will be the deciding factor.

I am going to design my excel spreadsheets, today, for the NROL4Abs program. That way, I'll actually be all set to give it a whirl next week. I don't ever like the "learning curve", because it takes too long and I'm just flipping pages in a book to try and figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do. I look like a doofus!

Anyway, enough BAD talk....my sister reminded me, this morning, that I'm supposed to be feeling the GOOD FEELING. (I'm struggling with A LOT of anxiety, just now.) So, I am going to FOCUS ON THE GOOD FEELINGS and let everything else wash away.

I will come back Monday with a new 2-week challenge for myself. Have a good weekend, all!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all! I am ready for a nice evening in (shrimp and pasta tonight! Yum! Gotta eat my carbs while I can)

FINALLY broke 141. I am hoping that with the decreased carbs and work outs next week that I can dip into the 130s and hopefully reveal fat loss that water and glycogen has been covering? Wishful thinking perhaps, but worth a try!

Chloe - I wouldn't do all those on the same day. Divide them into A and B work outs and alternate those. I would also add in core work like planking.

Ashley - sounds like you're on the right track!

Beeps - I like getting into new programs-with every exercise its a mental challenge and you'll be able to test yourself. Also, my burn and heart rate is always WAY higher the first time I do a work out."The best workout is one of you've never done."
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beeps; that is kind.

Awesome Kate! I keep seeing your ticker move down. That's great! Hard work IS paying off.

I finished the week out pretty well. I only did 2x 6w6p, but I got a long walk/run in yesterday and had 2 great runs earlier in the week. I drank more than I should have both Friday and Saturday, but didn't eat too terribly. I feel decent today. I'm going to shoot for 3x 6w6p again and 2 runs this week. Is it time for new goals? I think I'll do one more week of 6w6p after this week and maybe even do it almost exclusively that week; like 4-5x to finish it out. My husband is leaving town and my parents will be in town next weekend, so things may be a little nutty.

I've been trying to up my protein. I made some protein cheesecakes that are pretty yummy from Greek yogurt, protein powder, eggs, cottage cheese, blueberries and some other stuff. They are a treat and pack some protein!

Hope you all had great weekends and are refreshed!
  • chuisle
    Options
    Morning!

Alright everyone, 2 (3 actually) week goals!

1. Hit my macros all days but 1 (my non adherent day)
    2. Get back to eating clean - not white breads etc (shouldn't be hard since I can't really eat bread with 20% carbs anyways)
    3. Get in 4 LP lifting work outs, 4 recovery and walk for at least 4 hours a week.

I made turkey muffins and cooked up 3.5 lbs of chicken Saturday so I am ready for the week! I am going to have to plan ahead a bit - my sister leaves for two semesters in Spain Saturday and we have some eating events etc. I am going to stick as closely as possible to macros but not hate myself if I can't get it exactly...That said, I need to be close!

In happy news, I weighed in UNDER 140 over the weekend 138.8 on Saturday and 137.8 on Sunday which is the lowest weight in I've had in the almost 1.5 years I've been on MFP - WOO HOO. I am optimistic that will continue to drop as I cut carbs. Here's to hoping! I might see 135 by the end of this thing yet.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    That's great news, chui!! How awesome that your goals are being realized right in front of your eyes! You have worked VERY hard for these - you have EARNED them all!

My 2-week-challenge goals:

1. Reduce carbs to <100g, daily;
    2. Get in 3 x lifting sessions each week; and
    3. No late-night snacking.

Even though there's a week until my kids start school, it FEELS like summer has already ended. I guess that's when you KNOW it's time to HIT IT HARD!

We can do this, ladies!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    OK, official goals are:

1. 6w 6p 3x
    2. Run 2x
    3. 100g + protein per day
    4. Carbs <175g per day (this sounds like a lot compared to you all; I think due to the fact my cals are set to 1900.)
    5. Be reasonable with alcohol

I am always thinking ahead, so I think once I wrap up 6pack I'm going to do a couple weeks of HIIT and running, take it easy my birthday week (9/27) and pick up with heavy lifting again in October. At some point my nutrition goals will be changing pretty drastically when I cut the nursing, so we'll see how that all plays in.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    It's 11am and I'm emotionally exhausted. Drop offs at Pre-k 3 did not go well and I"m second guessing starting my youngest in 3 full days a week of preschool. This morning was draining. I don't know if I can do it again on Thursday.

I did get my workout in, but health and fitness is farthest from my mind right now. Luckily, I prepped last night because I'd be ordering chinese and a giant Cherry Coke had I not!

I hope your Monday is going better! Just dropped in to say hello since I"m back to the grind today. Tomorrow *fingers crossed* I'll be more informative and supportive!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    That's very exciting, Kate! You inspire me:)
    Reese, you seem to be doing well, if you can get in the workouts and prepping without thinking:)
    Ashley, your goal look great, and so do yours, Beeps, you can do this!
    My sister and nieces are visiting and we stay active, Water World yesterday, but I haven't been eating well or working out. When she leaves Wednesday I will be ready to buckle down, got the organix delivery tomorrow.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Kate- That is awesome! I have to say I am jealous, but also I know if I was working as hard as you then I would be seeing results too. But, I am not.

Beeps- Great goals, yes I think this is the time of year when everyone starts to crack down again and start getting serious, and I am ready for that also!

Ashley- Sounds like you have a fabulous plan!

Mama- Hang in there! I'm sure your boys are having a great day and missing you also!

Amy- Have a great time visiting with your family!

So I typically turn down junk food at work when people bring it in for bdays, etc. But, today my one coworker who makes the best desserts on the planet, made a key lime pie, which also happens to be my favorite dessert. So I had a slice, but I skipped lunch bc I wasn't hungry at all. Got in all my workouts this weekend, and actually didn't eat too bad except for a blizzard from DQ yesterday and beer at the baseball game for my husbands bday Saturday. Had a very stressful morning with some issues with a coworker and I am nervous about an 3rd interview I have tomorrow, so my stomach has been in knots all morning as it is. I hope everything works out for the best and I am just trying to stay positive :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Ashley, my cals are set at 1,810....but, I have a higher protein requirement. I'm supposed to be hitting >150 on my protein....but, often don't quite get there. I do usually get >125 protein, though!

mama - I think orientations are ALWAYS hard....I think if your son can just make it through this week, you will see him blossom and grow in incredible ways! Of course, you and your husband know best, but take some solace in knowing that, when your son is 20 years old, he won't remember a THING about these days (even if you do!).

Amy - have fun with your visiting family....sounds like it's fun!

Chloe - yes, stay positive. You really ARE doing awesome things!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I started NROL4Abs today....my triceps (of all things!) are SCREAMING at me! It's "change-it-up" time.....so, hopefully my muscles will respond and I'll start really getting into this, again.

I have to take month-end photos/measurements at the end of this week. And, GASP, I have to step on the scale!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh.
  • chuisle
    Options
    Hi all!

Day one of low carbs down...I don't begin to know how people like >20 g of carbs. That is NUTS. Going for chinese food tonight...if I get the grilled chicken in the light sauce with veggies, don't touch the rice, crab rangoon etc. I should be good. I will probably drink a protein shake prior and then fill up on my light chicken and veggies and hopefully will be so full I won't be tempting to steal too many bites of other people's fatty, carby, delicious food!

Did LP's circuit last night, it was a good work out, nothing crazy. I am used to having some bigger lifts in there but it was okay. Counting down to the days of maintenance :)

Good luck wih the measurements beeps!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Still feeling a bit emotional but I'll try to keep my non-fitness rant short. My youngest did well once we left. It's just going to be a huge adjustment for everyone. My oldest did wonderful as well. Once we get a few weeks under our belt, I think we'll be good to go. Just hard to see your babies upset, especially so young!

Got in an extra workout last night to burn off some steam-quick HIIT but felt great. Eats were good and lots of food stuff (okay not lots since I'm at a big deficit!) but still good stuff packed. Hopefully things go as planned because I'm supposed to lift with DH tomorrow afternoon and I could use some time alone with my big man!

Kate- You are doing amazing...in the home stretch...the results you are seeing have to be a positive reinforcement for the work you are doing. I look forward to hearing your overall recap at the end of your LP experiment!

Beeps-Good luck with the measurements! Triceps baby! Yes, My biceps are screaming at me today as well, I'd love it if my triceps were though...darn bat wings. :laugh:

Chloe- Hope everything with work settles down and good luck on the next interview.

Amy- DH is talking about actually doing Halloween costumes this year...we have NEVER done anything 'adult' for Halloween so I'm trying to hone in and use that as some incentive as well. DH wants to go as Bane so of course I'm thinking of Cat Woman to stick with the theme...but not sure these legs were built for that suit! :laugh: It's a goal either way!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    chui - this is my day 1 of REALLY low carbs. Prepping for photos on the weekend....so, I have to be SUPER low on the carbs to flatten tummy pooch. Then, after pics, I'm going to REALLY try to just lay-off the carbs for a LONG TIME and see what happens with measurements, scale-weight, etc. My birthday is swinging around. And, I want to reach my goals. So, I just have to remain 100% focused on that.

mama - I hear you on how hard it is to see little ones weep as they go through new things....I remember it like it was yesterday! Oh yes, it WAS yesterday!! (my 11 year old STILL cannot handle new things.....when we went on vacation and there were some kids in the playground, he REFUSED to go play with them. I walked him over to introduce him to them - his sister was already i the mix - and he DUG HIS FINGERNAILS INTO THE PALM OF MY HAND, instead of crying, but ANXIETY was written all over his limp body.) I hope you get some time with your husband - you DESERVE IT!

I am only focusing on lifting for the next while. I'm taking rest days, in between, instead of getting my cardio in. Because I am preparing for a serious calorie-deficit, I just won't have the energy for all the exercise. Remember, for me, abs are made in the kitchen!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I've been in lurk mode for the past few weeks (months? I can't even remember my last challenge), but I'm attempting a come back. I've been having some fertility issues and some job change stuff going on, so I've been slipping on the logging and posting, and it's definitely showing in my waistline. So I think I'm at a place where I can get back on track and focus on nutrition and exercise a little more. In just under a month I'll be starting a job with much more reasonable hours, so I'll really have no excuse not to eat well and fit in more exercise.

So I know I'm at least a day off, if not a week off, on setting goals, but mine is to start logging everything again, and once I get that back under control I'll work up from there.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi Ris.....sorry to read about the stress in your life. Not fun. I hope your new job brings some solace and refuge.

And, I'm glad to read that you are climbing back on the nutrition/fitness train....just one foot in front of the other, right?
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Kate- Sounds like you have a great plan....Chinese food is a tough one, esp with all the carbs and sodium. And can I just say you have done sooo amazing, your pic looks nothing like you do now!

Reese- Hang in there with the kiddos I am sure it will get easier as time goes on.

Beeps- good luck with the carb cutting

Ris- welcome back and sorry to hear of your troubles, hope things get better for you!

Work still sucks, just immature b****** that thinks she needs to be in everyone elses business. It's one of those people that constantly has to bully or have an issue with someone at all times and apparently its my week to be bullied. On the plus side the interview went pretty well. I don't want to get my self too excited though, but I think this would be a great career move for me if it all goes well, so fingers crossed :) Eating is going good so far this week. I still need to get in my weights today, I think I may get that out of the way now. Keep up the great work!
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey, ya'll. I've been working out for about 60 minutes or more per day-walking, elliptical, or workout DVDs for pilates, yoga, and various dance workouts. My man says I workout too much, and I do find myself tempted to do up to two hours or more at times, but it is so friggin' addictive! Losing weight during the three weeks or so that I have been doing it, so I am feeling good:)

Great work for everyone making the commitment and backing it up!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Miss you ladies terribly!! I had two Zumba trainings over the weekend. One I worked and one I got a new license to work with kids 3-12. My schedule at school is insane and I see kids back to back to back! Today I had 15 min to eat lunch at my desk :huh: Last year I worked Tues 9:30-2:30. Wed 8-4 and Thurs 8-11. This year I am Tues Wed Thurs 8-4, plus my classes, so this is quite an adjustment for me.

I did so great last week with food, blew it Sunday and have been off since, ugh!! Gonna do my best the rest of the week to get back on. The girl I used to train asked if I can train her again. I was in my best shape last summer when I trained her because I got my weights in at the same time. She is on MFP too so we encouraged each other. So we start Monday, Labor Day. I will be revving it up then because I will hopefully be used to my new schedule.

Quick comments:
    Kate - you ROCK! Congrats, so inspiring! The food I make repeatedly is on my FB page . Click on the pic of food and I post the recipe there. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Fit-with-Jen/159021120808030

Beeps - Hope she stops stalking you and it turns out to be nothing! new plan sounds great, get it!

Mama- glad you baby is doing better about leaving you to go to school.

Chloe - great job getting back to it!! I sure hope the biotch backs off! Nobody needs extra stress at work!

Ris - welcome back...I'm STILL trying to get back into the swing of things!

Amy - Enjoy the rest of your visit with your family!

Ok ladies, I brought home work with me...gotta get to it!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    It's good to hear from everyone. Things are going well this week for me so far. I'm finding with the increased protein, I'm not having any problem keeping my cals in check. Of course I haven't been drinking this week either....yet. Yay me. I went over my self imposed carbs (even though I have my macros set to 30-30-40) yesterday but I really wanted a fudgesicle. I got a half @ssed workout in last night. Husband and baby were home early (dr. apt) and so I planned on just walking with the baby after dinner, but it felt nice so I did a little running in my not running shoes and not running bra. It felt good to sweat and get my HR up some. And I find I like running at that time. It's been too hot to run outdoors with stroller this week at 5:30 so maybe I'll mix things up! I'm 6w6p-ing tonight and we'll see how the rest of the week pans out. I'm off Friday - Tuesday so that will be nice.

Question: Does protein powder cause any of you to have gas? I started adding it to my oatmeal and not sure if its that or the flax. I need to do some experimenting next week removing each and see what happens.

Keep it up ladies!