Options

Replies

• FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Kim: 12
    The Binge: 2
    13th, 14th

My old binge habit is rearing it's ugly head after some solid work for the last two weeks. I thought that yesterday was just a blip, but I binged yet again this evening. Because I've been able to log it, and looking back on my old habits, this isn't a total loss though. I've been able to identify my problem areas: sweets that are available in the house in large quantities, post-dinner times, and boredom. I had the sweet things on hand as a type of snack I could have when I was able to work it into my calories and macros, but from now on I'll make sure that those things are in as low quantities as possible to avoid eating 5x the serving size. The other two I'll just have to work through, but removing the binge stimuli should help out more.

^ re: the sheer amount of writing above -- it's nice to be able to type this out, it makes this evening seem less like a setback and more like a learning experience.

i completely agree that every binge IS a learning experience now.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Kate: 13

Binge: 1
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kate - 6.
    Binge - 8.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    March 14

Me: 4
    Binge: 0
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 14, 2013

Me: 11
    Binge: 3 (3/1,3/3, 3/7)

Binge-free for: 7 days (yay one week binge free)

I must say though, that since refinding my motivation, today was the first day I didn't feel completely satisfied, and felt the urge to binge. Anyway, I fought it and won! Hoping to keep this up!
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    March 14

Binge: 3
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Summer - 8
    Binge - 7

I have been super positive today! Didn't do awesome for the first half of the month but I STILL HAVE THE SECOND HALF!!! Hopefully I do better :D LUCKY STARS TO EVERYONE <3
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Was just told about this group. Working on my binges.

Starting March 15th. Best of luck to everyone this month.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sheila :)

March 15th

Sarah - 10
    Binge monster - 5

7 days binge-free!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Was just told about this group. Working on my binges.

Starting March 15th. Best of luck to everyone this month.

YAY...glad you joined!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    3-14-13

Me: 10
    Binge: 5 (3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/9), 3/15)

sigh. Having a rough time. This impacts so much of my life it's hard to break free. I will cancel plans just so I can be alone! Sometimes I'm fine and feel 'normal' but then I have bad thoughts about some personal things and it leads to food. My family went through (& is still going through) a nasty divorce and people have pushed me to see a therapist, about a multitude of issues. I wonder if I need to? I might inquire today. Has anyone had luck with therapy?
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    brownll GOOD LUCK on the weigh in.

Jasmine_James good job stopping half way! I struggle when others in the house have foods I can binge on. I started buying the kids and hubby suff they like but I don’t that much. Sorry about the kid’s health!

freiwild sounds like you have figured it out. Good work.

kge0891 way to fight it!

Sheila_KI, WELCOME

Jul158, I just had my second therapy apt yesterday. My first time with therapy it did not work. But this time I love it!! He is teaching me so much and I am only on visit #2.
    Helpful website I was given when I was looking for therapy is http://www.bedaonline.com/ It is a binge eating organization. Very nice info there.
    I would recommend therapy if you can afford it. I feel like this will work for me!

Had another good day! I swear eating less carbs curbs my cravings! I am on 145-190g carbs a day for 3 days and day #4 I eat more carbs. I feel good and I still get plenty of carbs so I love this!

March 2013:
    Karen 9
    The Binge 5

Days Left 17

Binge Days
    3/1
    3/3
    3/6
    3/7
    3/8
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Greeky - 7
    Binge - 7
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    3/14/13

In reflecting on my past week, I have had some emotional ups and downs, but I did not resort to bingeing to get through them. I now have 13 days of sobriety from bingeing and it hasn't been easy. It seems the longer I go without bingeing the more it seems tempting, because how badly it makes me feel afterward is a more distant memory.

I have the same problem! I start to feel better after a few days and somehow forget how bad I feel after a binge and before I know it, I did it again.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kate - 7.
    Binge - 8.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    3-14-13

Me: 10
    Binge: 5 (3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/9), 3/15)

sigh. Having a rough time. This impacts so much of my life it's hard to break free. I will cancel plans just so I can be alone! Sometimes I'm fine and feel 'normal' but then I have bad thoughts about some personal things and it leads to food. My family went through (& is still going through) a nasty divorce and people have pushed me to see a therapist, about a multitude of issues. I wonder if I need to? I might inquire today. Has anyone had luck with therapy?

~hugs.
    Yes, I've skipped classes before because I felt too bloated and terrible after a binge. I have also said no to social outings on a binge day at times because I just don't feel up to it. The binge makes me feel so negative and depressed. There have been times I can't cancel and I end up getting ready and going regardless of my feelings; I usually come back home feeling better than before. So for me sometimes it's best to push myself to do what I don't want to do... being around people keeps me from eating more & being isolated... plus it seems to boost my mood and make me more positive.

My parents are also going through separation/soon to be divorce and it can be stressful. Food is so easy to go to! :L

Hang in there; Jul! ♥

Edit: Yeah, therapy might help. It really depends on what person you find. If you don't like the counselor when you meet them by all means keep looking 'til you find one that you feel comfortable opening up to. Good luck with that. ~
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    March 2013 ~

The Binge: 4 (3/4, 3/5, 3/11, 3/12)

I like Jul's mantra... I'm going to try telling myself that this week. "I am not in binge mode." "Food is not an emergency" "I am not a binger"... etc.

<3 I hope everyone is having a good day. Thankfully it's Friday. ~
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    March 13th
    Me:15
    Binge:0
    Days without binging:31
  • pwrlftr30
    pwrlftr30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ Wonderful job!!

Today is one of those days I just don't feel like fighting. I'm tired of fighting. Constantly planning, counting calories, decisions. Why is food always on my mind?? I'm so tired of it ruling over me.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be better, in the meantime, I'll try not to dwell on the box of cookies I just scarfed down.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    ^^^^ Wonderful job!!

Today is one of those days I just don't feel like fighting. I'm tired of fighting. Constantly planning, counting calories, decisions. Why is food always on my mind?? I'm so tired of it ruling over me.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be better, in the meantime, I'll try not to dwell on the box of cookies I just scarfed down.

I think we've all felt like that before. It's a daily struggle. Food is involved in a lot of the day because we need to eat meals to function and then what doesn't help is so many social situations involve food. Ahhh...

If the cookies are your weakness maybe it's best not buying a whole box of them. Asking someone to put them away (and you dont know the 'spot') or you could eat them only when you're in front of someone so it's harder to eat them all. Share them, whatever works for you . Sometimes it takes a lot of testing and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't personally.

Good news is the mistake you made today wasn't a failure but a step in the path of improvement. Learning from it and moving on. =)