2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I was with you. I was like, Chloe....3rd tri already?! Now it's making sense..... :smile:

So what's the great news Kelly?

If you don't include alcohol binging :drinker: I would say I tend to "indulge" when I'm bored. At work I don't keep many snacks because if I'm having a particularly boring day, I'll just eat. At home the times when I tend to snack most is directly after work before dinner. That happened last night. I got home from picking the baby up and grocery shopping and I just started eating. I polished off 2 different takeouts and a bunch of turkey pepperoni. I tend to like salty things. And crunchy things. So last night, that was dinner. I also tend to binge if I'm hungover.

No workout for me last night, but I didn't have "real" dinner and I was a little active cleaning up around the house and putting together my compost tumbler so not a bad day. I lifted this morning; maxed squats at 135 6x. Then we went to a ballgame for work lunch and I ate 2 hot dogs. Not a lot of choices there. At least I didn't have the nachos like I wanted..... It's gorgeous here today, warm actually, so I'll probably walk with the baby after work. Tomorrow I get to go to the track and bet on ponies! I'm planning on a run in the morning to offset the buffet and cocktails.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My binge moments are generally motivated by a sense that I want to indulge or treat myself. They're almost always accompanied by trashy TV and wine (pre-pregnancy) and happen when my husband (and before him, my roommate) isn't home. For some reason the peer pressure of having other people around keeps me from going overboard by eating to MUCH food when I'm at restaurants or parties, although like Abigail I have a hard time making good choices when there's yummy food in front of me.

I'm jealous of you all with gorgeous weather! It is just plain gross here. Kind of rainy, but not the hard rain that clears everything out, just that misty kind of rain that hangs around forever. But my friend and I had a walking date this morning and I got in another walk at lunch so I'm still managing to get in some exercise. I have a running date tomorrow morning and that's always a good workout.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    abigail - fast ALL week, as much as you can, so that you can indulge (without guilt) on the weekend! It WORKS!!

kclynch - well, CONGRATS, but, yes, provide some deets, please!!

Better - I'm UBER-jealous of all the good weather you are reporting!! I would LOVE to get out and walk....alas, here we are, MAY and there is still SNOW-COVERED GROUND. Grrrrrrrrrrr...

Ris - when are you due??

Chloe - when are you due??

You don't have to say, "November 10th", but saying, "I'm due in November" or "I'm due the last part of August" would be nice....
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I am due November 5.

I typically binge when I am stressed and I just don't even think about what I am doing and then afterwards I'm like why the heck did I just do that?! My other overeating tends to be in social situations. Like when we get together for dinners at friends houses we will always have a bunch of appetizers and stuff and I will just keep picking and by the time the dinner comes I am not even hungry.

I tend to binge less when the weather is nice, so I am hoping with summer coming it will all get under control.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I'm a sucker for appetizers too. I tend to graze at parties....

Here's another question for you all. I think I know where most of you are from and what the weather is like, but maybe not.... Don't have to get specific if you don't want.

I live in Louisville, Kentucky. We have four seasons here although lately I feel like we've been getting jipped out of spring and fall. Summers are hot (can get in the 100's if it's bad) and HUMID. Winters can get in the single digits and snow. Spring and fall are allegedgely in between with all the blooms and fall colors. Even when it's 95 and 80% humidity or 15 with a wind chill of 7, I still love the seasons. I also live in a really cool part of town where we can walk lots of places and there are 3 parks within about a mile radius, one very large with great pedestrian loop. So it helps with outdoor recreation. I'd take running/walking/biking/whatever outdoors any day over chugging along on the treadmill.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alberta, Canada = cold.

BUT - we will be in Hawaii and San Diego in August! (Plus, I'm doing a weekend in Las Vegas May 30th...)

Some FUN/HOT stuff on the horizon!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    New Hampshire - all 4 seasons and all 4 of them are pretty awesome - okay spring can be gross when the snow melts, but eventually it warms up and the flowers come out and it's nice again. Winter is cold, but there are fun things to do because of the snow. Summer is hot, but not too hot and there are lakes everywhere, but my favorite has to be autumn, nothing beats the fall foliage out here - beautiful! From where I live I can drive one hour one way and be at the ocean or one hour the other way and be in the mountains. Not too shabby.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I can binge when I'm bored, drinking, it's the weekend, I didn't eat enough all day, it's baked goods (because I don't bake much), if there's good stuff in front of me...really no reason at all :grumble: But the biggest reason would be emotional. When I am stressed or upset, I eat :ohwell: Chloe, I agree...when it's hot outside, I am not as hungry and am more inclined to eat "lighter".

I live in Omaha, Nebraska. Typically, we have four seasons, but mother nature didn't get the memo this year. It's been cold and only "Spring" - like the last couple of days, just enough to tease us before we get more snow tomorrow or Thursday :sad: Fall is definitely my favorite here as the summers are humid and winters are cold!

Little side note, I took sick leave this afternoon (aka mental health time) so I could get to the gym early and do weights before I taught my class because I didn't lift yesterday and if I didn't lift today, I wouldn't get my three lifts in this week! So, although I have been inconsistent with the nutrition, the last week, I have stuck to the weights!! Yes!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Interesting to hear where you're all from! :smile:

I did not get up and run this morning, but did an almost 2.5 mile stroller run in the 80 degree weather yesterday after work. I am not used to that yet. I did almost 10 minute miles with the stroller, so not too bed regardless. Then I decided to go try on Derby dresses. Sweaty. In my sports bra and tennis shoes. :blushing: I found a cute one that I have on today to go to the track! :happy: So, I figure my unplanned run (and walk) yesterday counts for today. I'm skipping breakfast so I can eat and drink more at the track. I was also tired this morning. I had a pretty solid leg day yesterday morning and then the run on top of it. Plus I awoke at 4:30 (open windows + chirping birds = early wakeup) and could't get back to sleep till nearly 6 so I did not get up and do anything. So hopefully I'll make good choices at the track today. I feel pretty good today and I have to say look pretty cute in my dress. :wink:

Have a great day ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alright, here's my 16-month progress pic, taken this morning:

16monthprogresschat_zps54c43ab5.jpg
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    wow, Beeps, I think that is pretty incredible. Do you know how many inches off your hips, I think it's a dramatic change and I know it's your problem area. You will be in Vegas the week after me! would be fun to meet for a drink in person!
    Ashley, what is your job? jealous you go to baseball games and the track!
    I am in Denver and it is snowing like crazy here today, one of those white out, wet spring storms. Fort collins schools got a snowday! but no such luck here.
    Abi, when you say you are playing at a wedding rehearsal, what do you mean? I know you dance, do you play music? If you mentioned already, I forgot, sorry.
    I binge when I have a good selection of food, too! I can get tired of the same thing, so when there is variety I just keep eating.
    I also do chocolate with PMS.
    But really, I always want a little something sweet after a meal so I just have to plan for it.
    This week I have been pretty good, it is only Wednesday but I didn't drink Mon or Tues and stayed at the prescribed calories. today is 900-cal day, so I am just doing milk and coffee til lunch. I think I will do soup for dinner since the weather is good for it, and it's more filling than some low-cal choices.
    Here's a question, off topic, how do you feel about Gwyneth Paltrow? Love her? Hate her? Love to hate her? I subscribe to Goop and I think she seems really nice and sincere but also kind of up her own a55. certainly not about how to do something affordably:noway:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    4" off at my hip-bones and about 3" off at the widest part of my bum, Amy.

i do have ALL MY STATS, written down, every single month, from when I started 16 months ago.

Current measurements / What I should aim for (VI)
    Weight 143.0 lbs. / ~138.0 lbs.?
    Waist 26.50" / 25.98"
    Hips 39.00" / 36.89"
    Shoulders 42" / 41.75"
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Beeps - what an amazing transformation! Thank you for sharing those pics

Amy - I play the piano. I don't play professionally, unless you count when I used to play for church and got a weekly stipend. Anyways, I am just accompanying a friend who is singing at the wedding. I did play one other time for a friend's wedding - just for the time before when everyone was being seated. She had a pipe organ for the actual wedding.

Ashley - have fun at the track!

Jen - nice job squeezing in the weights, I also find it much easier to eat light when it's hot. I am always at my thinnest in the fall between all the outdoor exercise I get and the healthy eating over the summer.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    If I have learned ANYTHING in Venus, it's that POSING IS EVERYTHING! (Notice how my legs are placed in the 2nd photo....notice how my arms are placed in the 2nd photo....)

Proper lighting would have actually made my musculature "pop", but I didn't have time for proper lighting.

Tanning would have made my skin smoother and better pics - I haven't tanned.

So, I'm learning HOW to position my body so that my "assets" pop and my problem areas (saddlebags/hips) are less noticeable.

Also, notice the bottoms???? Someone told me, for PEAR-shapes, to BUY string-bikini bottoms! (I just learned this this week!) I thought, "no friggin' way....not with THESE HIPS". Alas, I folded my underwear down, this morning, and the DIFFERENCE it made in the shot is just INCREDIBLE.

It's posing, Amy....
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I would love to join this challenge. I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and you guys have really inspired me to make the commitment to sticking with my calories and working out. What do I need to do? :)
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    I live in Washington DC. We get all of the seasons, but fall and spring are very short and our winter is pretty mild. We get cold weather, but not much snow. It's great for walking and running; there are lots of trails everywhere and my near-daily lunchtime walk is on the National Mall which is pretty cool.

Beeps--I'm due October 19. And great progress! I can't see the picture at work but 4" off your hip bone is definitely impressive!

Ashley--Hope you have a fun day at the track!

Amy--I love soup. When I was trying to lose weight for my wedding I used to have it all the time--like you said it's really filling for the amount of calories in it.

Abigail--That's so cool that you play piano! It's a great talent.

Ramalem--Welcome! There are two challenges going on. The ongoing one is that each of us (more or less) comes up with a few personal goals for the week, which can be anything (eat X grams of protein, exercise X number of times, lift X pounds, whatever you want). On top of that, we have the "star" challenge, where you set a goal for the week as to how many calories you're going to eat (on a net basis if you eat back your exercise calories). You get stars based on whether you hit your goal or how much you're off by:

1. If you eat your weekly calories - you get a GOLD STAR.
    2. If you eat BELOW your weekly calories - you get a PLATINUM STAR.
    3. If you eat 1 - 500 OVER your weekly calories - you get a SILVER STAR.
    4. If you eat 501 - 1,000 OVER your weekly calories - you get a BRONZE STAR.
    5. 1,001+ - you get NO STAR.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Awesome, so great to have some support and accountability. So just making sure I have this right - my goal should include the calories I will be eating from working out? So if my goal is eating 9,100 calories but I have a goal of burning 1,500 calories a week my total weekly goal should be 10,600?
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    You can either make your goal to NET 9,100 calories (Food - Exercise = Net, so if you burn 1,500 calories during the week, and you eat 10,600, your total net calories would be 10,600 - 1,500 = 9,100, and you will have hit your goal), or to EAT 10,600, whichever you prefer. Most people who eat back their exercise calories (i.e., they would only eat the extra 1,500 calories if they actually burned 1,500 exercise calories) use the net number.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Ahh this thread is insane! I miss one day and I am way behind!

I live in a small town about an hour southwest of Chicago. I grew up in Joliet....ya know the prison. The weather here is crazy. For example yesterday and today and been in the 80s and sunny and forecast for the weekend is high in the 50s and raining. Our summers are hot and humid, fall is usually gorgeous and my favorite time of year, winters have been different lately warm through December and then the snow begins in January, spring normally sucks. My town has tons of beautiful trails and I love it, moving there was one of the best decision we ever made.

Beeps- WOW!!!! Amazing transformation and good for you for sharing it! That takes alot of courage.

That's all I can see for now. So I am having a great week so far (i know its only Wednesday), but my appetite has been so back to normal it feels great. I plan on getting in a nice long walk with the pup when I get home and enjoy this beautiful weather before it changes to a rainy mess!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Bah!!! Beeps - can't see the pic at work :/ I'll be back later tonight after work and gym!! Smooches!