May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    <--she's here a few days early (38 weeks 6 days gestation)! Meet Amelia Rose, born Sat April 27 at 9:13am EST. 8lbs 9.4oz, 21.5"" long, with a head full of hair! I'll give the whole story whenever I get the chance - still in the hospital a couple days thanks to my c-section.

Congratulations!!!!!
  • speshell4
    speshell4 Posts: 49
    Options
    <--she's here a few days early (38 weeks 6 days gestation)! Meet Amelia Rose, born Sat April 27 at 9:13am EST. 8lbs 9.4oz, 21.5"" long, with a head full of hair! I'll give the whole story whenever I get the chance - still in the hospital a couple days thanks to my c-section.

Congrats!!! enjoy your new little life!
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

:frown: I am so sorry you are having a tough time. It's not like you're being unreasonable - these are real things that are totally screwing up what should be a smooth plan! Keep in mind that your mom will understand, and although it is no fun to be getting up throughout the night with a toddler with croup, especially when it's someone else's kid, this is your mom we're talking about. If I were in your mom's situation and, say, it was one of my sister's kids, I would be fine. Also, can she stick around to help after the new baby comes so that your toddler is cared for without having to come into too much contact with you and the baby?

I know you're probably hoping to go sooner rather than later, but I hope you end up going at least a little later so that you are further into your older son's recovery! But that mucus plug and contractions sound like you are close. I hope it all works out and falls into place :heart:

Thanks everyone for the support! It helps to be reminded that I'm not just a crazy, irrational, emotional pregnant lady!

Great news - baby didn't come overnight, my mom got an earlier flight and should be here in a few hours, and our "sick" toddler has coughing fits in the night, but he didn't call for us once in the night! That's even better than when he's NOT sick. I guess I was stressing out when it wasn't necessary. Guess we are ready as soon as little man shows up after all :)

Have a great night all!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

:frown: I am so sorry you are having a tough time. It's not like you're being unreasonable - these are real things that are totally screwing up what should be a smooth plan! Keep in mind that your mom will understand, and although it is no fun to be getting up throughout the night with a toddler with croup, especially when it's someone else's kid, this is your mom we're talking about. If I were in your mom's situation and, say, it was one of my sister's kids, I would be fine. Also, can she stick around to help after the new baby comes so that your toddler is cared for without having to come into too much contact with you and the baby?

I know you're probably hoping to go sooner rather than later, but I hope you end up going at least a little later so that you are further into your older son's recovery! But that mucus plug and contractions sound like you are close. I hope it all works out and falls into place :heart:

Thanks everyone for the support! It helps to be reminded that I'm not just a crazy, irrational, emotional pregnant lady!

Great news - baby didn't come overnight, my mom got an earlier flight and should be here in a few hours, and our "sick" toddler has coughing fits in the night, but he didn't call for us once in the night! That's even better than when he's NOT sick. I guess I was stressing out when it wasn't necessary. Guess we are ready as soon as little man shows up after all :)

Have a great night all!!

SO glad to hear your little boy is doing better than you expected and that your mom is on her way (and I guess is there by now)!

Ok, the baby can come now... :wink: I can't imagine how anxious you are because I am anxious myself about my baby's arrival, and I'm a couple of weeks behind you... I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so we'll see where I am. No medical records yet, either. :indifferent:
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Have a great night all!!

No, you are definitely not just a crazy, irrational, emotional pregnant lady! That's a lot to deal with, even when you aren't pregnant. And when you are... and especially when you are due to have a wee one any moment, that's a lot of stress. But I am glad that things are better! Take it easy :flowerforyou:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    How's everybody doing?

Still no hospital records, and my OB told me yesterday (36+ week check) that I am more thinned out (though she didn't give me a percentage, and when she's down there and it's uncomfortable, I just want her to finish) but still at 1cm. I'm not surprised. Last time I was at 1cm until 38+ weeks, when I was 2-3cm, and my son was born two days later. My gut feeling is that I'll go 10 days to 2 weeks early, so May 12th-16th is my prediction. Which is crazy because today is the 1st.

We had a client spazzing out this morning, though, because her final hearing is near my due date. She was freaking out about what if I was in labor that day, and then neither I nor my husband could be there, blah, blah, blah. I'm like, honey, I have no control over what happens. If that happens, then we ask another attorney to cover for us - and there are many who have offered their help knowing our situation - which will not cost her a penny. (It's an uncontested divorce, so a final hearing will take all of 10 minutes, and if there are any problems, then they will set a new hearing date, which would happen whether we were there or not.) I told her that no matter what attorney she hired, that attorney can never guarantee that s/he won't have an emergency come up. I think she was just being dramatic, but talk about ruffling my feathers... I was literally walking into the office at 8:30 this morning when this happened (she was already there). She's a bit of a weirdo anyway, but I think she was half expecting me to tell her that my husband would be there even if I were in labor!

Anyway, I posted this question on the post-partum pack board, since they've all done this recently, but I figured I'd ask you guys in case you all were taking any precautions for clean-up in case your water breaks in the middle of the night.

We have a mattress protector, but rather than leaving my husband to try to deal with messed up sheets and whatnot, last time I remember sleeping on old towels as a precaution. My water didn't break on its own, so it ended up being pointless, but I want to say I started it at 36 weeks.

However, I get hot at night (it's practically summer here in SC, plus our bedroom is over the garage --> always warmer/colder there than anywhere else in the house), and my son was born in the wintertime, so sleeping on old towels didn't cause any temperature issues the first time around.

Are any of you ladies taking any precautions? If so, what, and when did/will you start?
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Anyway, I posted this question on the post-partum pack board, since they've all done this recently, but I figured I'd ask you guys in case you all were taking any precautions for clean-up in case your water breaks in the middle of the night.

We have a mattress protector, but rather than leaving my husband to try to deal with messed up sheets and whatnot, last time I remember sleeping on old towels as a precaution. My water didn't break on its own, so it ended up being pointless, but I want to say I started it at 36 weeks.

However, I get hot at night (it's practically summer here in SC, plus our bedroom is over the garage --> always warmer/colder there than anywhere else in the house), and my son was born in the wintertime, so sleeping on old towels didn't cause any temperature issues the first time around.

Are any of you ladies taking any precautions? If so, what, and when did/will you start?

My mom said that she would always put a plastic trash bag under her sheet (on the mattress pad) to try to protect the mattress pad and mattress a little better. I don't know if it's noisy/crinkly because I never did it (and she never ended up having her water break in bed) but that's an option.
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Here's my birth story!

Friday evening we finished dinner and I felt pretty bloated and full so I decided to lie on the couch for a little bit. First I wanted to use the bathroom, so I went in and immediately doubled over in pain that shot from under my rib cage down my right side into the right side of my pelvic region. After an hour of lying on the couch and the pain not dissipating, I called the hospital (it was about 8:00 so my doctor's office was closed) and a nurse said it was round ligament pain. Now, I've felt round ligament pain before - especially with the twins, when I stretched a LOT - and this didn't feel like it. Especially because the pain was continual, not sporadic. But that's what the nurse said, and she said if I came in, she wasn't sure what they would do to help. So whatever. The rest of the evening, I was on the couch in pain that wouldn't leave my lower right side.

We went to bed around 11:00 and the pain had toned down to just a dull, persistent ache. I slept for about 45 minutes-1 hour, but then woke up when I wanted to roll over. I couldn't because the pain was too intense, but I couldn't stay sleeping on the left side because it was too uncomfortable after staying on that side for so long. So finally I woke up my husband around 2 and asked him to run a warm bath, in hopes that some of the pain would ease up. It helped a lot, and I got out of the tub at 2:45. I had him pull one of our recliners into our bedroom so I could sleep in it (I didn't want to try lying down again and starting up that pain again). He fell right back to sleep after that, but I noticed I was having contractions. I don't know if I'd been having them already since the right side pain had been so overbearing, but now that that pain had eased some, I was noticing the contractions. I started keeping track of them at 3:05, hoping to sleep but figuring I'd jot down the times if I was awake for them. Well, between the pain of the contractions and the dull ache of my lower right side, I never went to sleep and noticed that I was having contractions every 4-7 minutes.

Since I was going to have a repeat c-section, my doctor said we would do it ahead of schedule if I went into labor; i.e., if my water broke or I was having contractions with cervical change. My water hadn't broken and I'd been at ZERO dilation at my appointment that previous Tuesday, so I didn't know if these contractions were real labor or not. I'd had contractions earlier on in the pregnancy and they obviously had not caused me to dilate.

Finally after 2 hours of tracking my contractions, I figured I should probably call the doctor on call and see if they wanted me to go in to be checked. He said he wanted me to go in, because if it WAS labor, the contractions could cause complications with my existing incision/higher risk of uterine rupture/etc. So we called up a friend to come over (it was about 5:15/5:30 Saturday morning) and headed to the hospital.

After getting checked in, they put me on the monitors and confirmed that I was having regular contractions. After about 30 minutes of this, the nurse checked my cervix and - lo and behold - I'd dilated 1 cm! I know that's nothing compared to most of y'all who have been at or beyond that point for weeks already, but my body has never dilated on its own! (And never even progressed past 3 cm on pitocin with my first daughter) So I was sooooo excited! The nurse called the doctor on call, and he said it sounded like we could go in for surgery. I asked the nurse to try calling my doctor, even though he wasn't on call, because he likes to deliver his patients' babies as much as possible. It turned out he was in post-op at the neighboring hospital, and could be at mine in 20 minutes! So we went ahead and did all the pre-op stuff and went in to surgery.

Everything went PERFECTLY. My spinal block worked the first try and I didn't even feel the pain of the 'sting' when they numb the insertion site. The nurses were all awesome and chatty, talking about how I was going to be so busy with so many kids as young as they are, but they were positive comments, not the negative ones I've received from other people. One nurse, upon hearing that I had 3 kids at home age 3 and under, gasped and said "that's why you're so skinny! From chasing them around all day!" so that made for a good laugh.

Amelia Rose was born at 9:13 Saturday morning - she's 3 days old in my profile picture. She weighed 8 lbs 9 oz at birth and was 21.5" long. She came at 38 weeks 6 days. She has a head full of dark hair which was a surprise since 1) none of my other kids were born with anything more than peach fuzz and 2) my other kids have light brown and blonde hair. So she's already her own person, which I love.

My mom was able to drive up to watch my kids (I'd called her when we were headed to the hospital to give her a heads up, and then my husband called to say we were definitely having the baby, so she got on the road ASAP) and she was a huge help. I got discharged midday Monday, so she was able to stay with us until midday Tuesday and still make it home in time for my brother's award ceremony Tuesday evening. I'm so glad all that turned out fine and wasn't worth the worry....but I sure could've done without the drama in the first place!

Now we're 4 days post-partum and life is great! One newborn is WORLDS easier than two newborns, and my other kids are loving having their baby sister home. :love: I'm still recovering from surgery, but my husband is being awesome at doing 99% of the stuff around the house (he'd be doing 100% but I've been 'bad' and doing that last 1% without his permission) so I'm doing pretty good overall. I'm just focused on enjoying snuggling with my baby since this is probably our last one!:heart:
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Here's my birth story!

Friday evening we finished dinner and I felt pretty bloated and full so I decided to lie on the couch for a little bit. First I wanted to use the bathroom, so I went in and immediately doubled over in pain that shot from under my rib cage down my right side into the right side of my pelvic region. After an hour of lying on the couch and the pain not dissipating, I called the hospital (it was about 8:00 so my doctor's office was closed) and a nurse said it was round ligament pain. Now, I've felt round ligament pain before - especially with the twins, when I stretched a LOT - and this didn't feel like it. Especially because the pain was continual, not sporadic. But that's what the nurse said, and she said if I came in, she wasn't sure what they would do to help. So whatever. The rest of the evening, I was on the couch in pain that wouldn't leave my lower right side.

We went to bed around 11:00 and the pain had toned down to just a dull, persistent ache. I slept for about 45 minutes-1 hour, but then woke up when I wanted to roll over. I couldn't because the pain was too intense, but I couldn't stay sleeping on the left side because it was too uncomfortable after staying on that side for so long. So finally I woke up my husband around 2 and asked him to run a warm bath, in hopes that some of the pain would ease up. It helped a lot, and I got out of the tub at 2:45. I had him pull one of our recliners into our bedroom so I could sleep in it (I didn't want to try lying down again and starting up that pain again). He fell right back to sleep after that, but I noticed I was having contractions. I don't know if I'd been having them already since the right side pain had been so overbearing, but now that that pain had eased some, I was noticing the contractions. I started keeping track of them at 3:05, hoping to sleep but figuring I'd jot down the times if I was awake for them. Well, between the pain of the contractions and the dull ache of my lower right side, I never went to sleep and noticed that I was having contractions every 4-7 minutes.

Since I was going to have a repeat c-section, my doctor said we would do it ahead of schedule if I went into labor; i.e., if my water broke or I was having contractions with cervical change. My water hadn't broken and I'd been at ZERO dilation at my appointment that previous Tuesday, so I didn't know if these contractions were real labor or not. I'd had contractions earlier on in the pregnancy and they obviously had not caused me to dilate.

Finally after 2 hours of tracking my contractions, I figured I should probably call the doctor on call and see if they wanted me to go in to be checked. He said he wanted me to go in, because if it WAS labor, the contractions could cause complications with my existing incision/higher risk of uterine rupture/etc. So we called up a friend to come over (it was about 5:15/5:30 Saturday morning) and headed to the hospital.

After getting checked in, they put me on the monitors and confirmed that I was having regular contractions. After about 30 minutes of this, the nurse checked my cervix and - lo and behold - I'd dilated 1 cm! I know that's nothing compared to most of y'all who have been at or beyond that point for weeks already, but my body has never dilated on its own! (And never even progressed past 3 cm on pitocin with my first daughter) So I was sooooo excited! The nurse called the doctor on call, and he said it sounded like we could go in for surgery. I asked the nurse to try calling my doctor, even though he wasn't on call, because he likes to deliver his patients' babies as much as possible. It turned out he was in post-op at the neighboring hospital, and could be at mine in 20 minutes! So we went ahead and did all the pre-op stuff and went in to surgery.

Everything went PERFECTLY. My spinal block worked the first try and I didn't even feel the pain of the 'sting' when they numb the insertion site. The nurses were all awesome and chatty, talking about how I was going to be so busy with so many kids as young as they are, but they were positive comments, not the negative ones I've received from other people. One nurse, upon hearing that I had 3 kids at home age 3 and under, gasped and said "that's why you're so skinny! From chasing them around all day!" so that made for a good laugh.

Amelia Rose was born at 9:13 Saturday morning - she's 3 days old in my profile picture. She weighed 8 lbs 9 oz at birth and was 21.5" long. She came at 38 weeks 6 days. She has a head full of dark hair which was a surprise since 1) none of my other kids were born with anything more than peach fuzz and 2) my other kids have light brown and blonde hair. So she's already her own person, which I love.

My mom was able to drive up to watch my kids (I'd called her when we were headed to the hospital to give her a heads up, and then my husband called to say we were definitely having the baby, so she got on the road ASAP) and she was a huge help. I got discharged midday Monday, so she was able to stay with us until midday Tuesday and still make it home in time for my brother's award ceremony Tuesday evening. I'm so glad all that turned out fine and wasn't worth the worry....but I sure could've done without the drama in the first place!

Now we're 4 days post-partum and life is great! One newborn is WORLDS easier than two newborns, and my other kids are loving having their baby sister home. :love: I'm still recovering from surgery, but my husband is being awesome at doing 99% of the stuff around the house (he'd be doing 100% but I've been 'bad' and doing that last 1% without his permission) so I'm doing pretty good overall. I'm just focused on enjoying snuggling with my baby since this is probably our last one!:heart:

Congratulations!!! What an adorable head of hair on her! :heart:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Here's my birth story!

Thanks so much for sharing your story! That initial side pain thing is weird! I wonder if that was some sort of sign of things to come or if it was just a weird muscle thing that happened to coincide with the start of labor. I'm so glad your mom got to come and still make it to the awards ceremony that she was so worried about missing, and I'm glad you are both home and healthy and doing well. I can imagine that a singleton seems so much easier after twins! I remember when my son was born that I said at some point, "I don't know how people do this with more than one. There's just no way I could do that." I have to hand it to moms of multiples, seriously!!!

She is just beautiful, too - great head of hair! :heart:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Oh, I meant to post last night - I got my medical records (or the portion I requested) in the mail yesterday. It says I was given pitocin in one spot, but that could be at any time, so I'm not sure if that's before or after the epidural (because sometimes they give it just prior to delivery to help with postpartum bleeding). I saw in another spot that it said "oxytocin for augmentation of labor" in one spot rather than "N/A," which was in other spots that did not apply (like I did not have gestational diabetes, I'm not allergic to medications,etc.).

So I definitely got it at some point, but I just don't know when. I will bring it to my doctor's appointment to see if my OB can figure it out. Thus I got kind of a half-answer.

But this morning I woke up at about 3:30 for some unknown reason and was unable to go back to sleep, but I started thinking about the whole pitocin thing. I guess part of me is miffed if I was given it when I shouldn't have been, and part of me hopes I was given it because otherwise my labor was unbearable, so I'm afraid of that happening again. However, labors are so different; just because I may have had a difficult labor last time doesn't mean this time will be as bad. Plus despite the fact that my last one was so bad, it really wasn't that long (less than 11 hours), so this one is likely to be shorter.

The interesting thing was that my records had a timeline of the stages of labor. My stage 3 (I guess pushing?) was all of 4 minutes :smile: It probably helped that I had an epidural, though, because I didn't feel any pain.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

How is everyone feeling? I've got some low to medium grade mestrually-like ickiness (for lack of a better description) going on. From what I've read, it could be the start of something... but it could also just go on indefinitely. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. Don't you just love the vagueness of all these symptoms of labor? Argh.

RBX, I am concerned that they would just give you a drug you didn't ask for at any time! Unless there is a real problem with the placenta stage, there's no real medical reason to administer pitocin even then. Did you have it in a birth plan that you did not want pitocin at any time unless asked (and in a position to consent)? If so, that really does seem an important cause for concern.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hey all!

How is everyone feeling? I've got some low to medium grade mestrually-like ickiness (for lack of a better description) going on. From what I've read, it could be the start of something... but it could also just go on indefinitely. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. Don't you just love the vagueness of all these symptoms of labor? Argh.

It could be, you never know! Then again, it can stop just as randomly as it started. Personally I just feel so uncomfortable in my midsection, and sometimes the baby moves and presses against something that ends up hurting me. I don't know if it's because I had more "fluff" last time, but I feel a lot more jabs and turns and stuff both under my ribs and down below. Then when I don't feel anything, I start to worry until I realize that I am feeling movement more often than not!

Anyhow, I hope that it is the start of something for you! I've done this once before, and to be honest, I don't remember how the beginning contractions felt. However, I knew that they felt different than anything I'd felt before, so I knew to get up to start timing them and to try to walk them off. (I had this irrational fear of going to the hospital only to be sent home.)
    RBX, I am concerned that they would just give you a drug you didn't ask for at any time! Unless there is a real problem with the placenta stage, there's no real medical reason to administer pitocin even then. Did you have it in a birth plan that you did not want pitocin at any time unless asked (and in a position to consent)? If so, that really does seem an important cause for concern.

Since it was over two years ago, I don't completely remember what I did/didn't consent to once things got going. I know I didn't consent to pitocin in the beginning because I knew enough to know that it wasn't necessary in my situation, where I was progressing just fine. I may have consented to it prior to delivery, though, after the epidural, when I knew I wouldn't feel anything. Honestly I didn't have a birth plan, and I don't really have one now, in the sense that I'm happy to go with the flow of how everything progresses. I'm open to an epidural again, but if I don't feel the need to have one (or I don't have time), then so be it. My doctor now knows how I feel about pitocin, as does my husband (boy, does he!), so even if I can't advocate for myself, at least my husband can, if my own OB happens not to be the doctor (it would be someone else from her practice).

I did consider changing game plans for this delivery, but I really do love my OB, and so if I switch hospitals, I have to leave her. I have a friend who lives nearby, and she's also due soon with baby #3. Her second baby was born when she lived upstate, and she goes the homebirth/midwife route. However she and I were talking one day, and she lamented the laws in this state and how they are so restrictive for midwives. Typically, she said, her labor does not progress until her water breaks, but her water never wants to break on its own. State laws say that only OBs can break water, not midwives, so if she doesn't progress on her own and/or her water never breaks on its own, she'll have to give up on homebirth and go to the hospital to have her water broken by the OB her midwife works with, and then she has to deliver there. The only upside is that she can keep her midwife.

Pretty crappy if you ask me. Another local friend who had a baby in January (homebirth) told me that there is a movement to help ease the restrictions on midwives while leaving their licensing requirements as-is, so hopefully there will be a new bill about it before the state legislature pretty soon.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies - just a quick update tonight, I ended up on maternity leave early due to false back labor over the last few days. Hoping I either start progressing or that the pain lessens until we are actually in labor. Anyways - hope you are all doing well! Good luck ladies :)
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hey ladies - just a quick update tonight, I ended up on maternity leave early due to false back labor over the last few days. Hoping I either start progressing or that the pain lessens until we are actually in labor. Anyways - hope you are all doing well! Good luck ladies :)

Oh, no, at least on the false back labor! I'm sure that's uncomfortable. Hopefully that means you're close. Are you able to rest at home, or is your son home with you? (I am painfully aware of how tiring taking care of a 2-year-old is right now.)

I'm having random, annoying twinges and, of course, weird feelings down below, but from the inside. This morning I felt crampy. I wouldn't say that they were contractions because my uterus wasn't always tight, but if I didn't know I were pregnant, I'd think my period was coming. I was more annoyed by them than anything else, but I was trying to kind of pay attention to them in case they turned into something more. However, I still have my mucus plug, so I'd be surprised if something "real" happened. I'll only be 37 weeks on Sunday, so it's still early.

I'm also having a hard time eating very much. I wouldn't be surprised if I maintained or even lost weight at my next appointment (that happened to me towards the end last time). Has that hit any of you yet?
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Sorry, I'm behind...so skipping ahead to this page....

Uh MormonMama, that sounds painful .....at least you're on maternity leave now though? Hopefully that's a good thing.

Laser, how are you feeling? The vagueness of symptoms is rough :( the unknown of being a FTM....

Rebecca, what does it mean when you feel period like pains? Is it normal or does that mean something? I hope you feel better.

Ok....... I'm so tapped out and ready to be done. I woke up at about 1am and couldn't move.....I've pulled a muscle in my neck like nothing I've ever experienced.....couldn't move, moaning. My husband had to roll me over from side to side all night, as I couldn't even roll over on my own (what a guy, eh?). I'm icing and heating......but still in so much pain. Any tips?

Between the neck, hip and back pain, the Braxton Hicks, restless leg syndrome, the varicose veins in my leg and vulva(!!!) and hemmies that haven't gone away for 2 months I don't know how much more my body can take :sad: sorry, I'm not one to whine, but today is my breakdown day. Thanks for listening :flowerforyou: I'm so thankful my husband is supportive and helpful.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I think it's totally ok to whine at this stage! I'm so super wretched: tired even though I actually slept more than usual, low-grade menstrual-like feelings as RBX describes, constant nausea, and maybe some Braxton Hicks going on. So not fun. I'm 39 weeks today, so hopefully this will not draw itself out for too much longer. I've been sticking close to home just in case something happens, which is a blessing and a curse --I don't feel like doing much of anything, and so I have little to take my mind off of my wretchedness.

I'm so jealous of all of you who have already gone through L & D and are holding a cute baby in your arms!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It sounds like y'all are going to have babies soon! Very happy for you and hope your discomfort doesn't last that long :O). Make sure to take lots of pics!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hey! I would quote individuals and then write, but that is just too much effort right now. I have basically zero energy! I'm sure you all understand :wink: Seriously, I was at a stop light and felt like my leg was too tired to keep my right foot on the brake. I was considering just putting my car in park, but then the light turned green.

As for period-like cramps, I would say I've had low-grade cramps, like when your period is coming, either that day or the next day or something. I don't exactly remember what contractions felt like, but I know they were definitely different than anything I'd felt before. I can't explain why - but I just knew this was a pain/cramp/whatever I needed to pay attention to.

Oh, and the varicose veins! I already had issues with those before due to poor circulation, but during pregnancy they get way worse! They do improve postpartum, though. I had one last time in my crotch, too, which was just adorable :sick: Thankfully I have escaped hemmorhoids this time (I think - I'm frankly afraid to look), and I think I escaped them last time, too.

However I am SO ready to be done. I'm just uncomfortable all over, all the time. It saps all my energy, too. My son has suddenly more demanding with wanting to be carried, etc., whereas a month ago he was all about never being carried and walking everywhere. I think he knows the time is near. He hasn't been more of a handful mood-wise, just physically, so maybe part of it is just my losing energy. I have never hated having a two-story house before, but let me tell you, this weekend I wished we lived in a one-story home!

I realized this weekend as I hit 37 weeks (EDD 5/26) that most, if not all, of us are at term now (if anyone is not, you are very, very close)!

My next appointment is on Thursday, which is over a week from my last appointment, so I'm hoping to have made some progress. My son was born at 38w5d, so I'm hoping this next appointment is my last one. My dad said I need to have the baby on the 12th (Mother's Day), so that we'd have birthdays on the 8th (my sister's), the 10th (mine), the 12th, and the 14th (my mom's). I feel like the 12th-16th is my window for whatever reason - just a gut feeling.

Why do I feel like I've said all this before and am repeating myself? I can't keep straight what I've written anymore, especially between this and the 3rd Trimester thread. So please forgive me if I am repeating myself!!!

Anyway, how is everyone else doing? Some of us have been quiet lately, so I'm wondering if there have been some arrivals... :heart:
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It looks like we are all feeling the lovely symptoms of these last few weeks!!!!! I definitely sympathize with the cramps....I have been feeling that way for a few weeks now, and increased BH (both intensity and frequency) that keep tricking me into thinking labor could be starting. Especially since my ob seemed so sure that the baby would come during week 37! Really it just set me up for disappointment because while I continue to feel uncomfortable, I'm in week 38 and the baby has not come....At last week's appointment I was still 80 percent effaced and 1cm....

They also sent me to do an ultrasound to measure the baby's size....no other doctor was concerned about me measuring behind, but then I saw a doctor at my practice who I'd never seen before, and she seemed so concerned about me measuring behind (even though the baby had dropped weeks ago, so I didn't understand why she was still measuring my belly)....but she kept saying you're smaller than other pregnant women so we just need to make sure the baby's growing ok....I have gained a healthy amount of weight (21-22 lbs, just kind of tapered off the last couple weeks)...the other doctor that I normally see never worried because he said it was just the way I was carrying. Anyway she made me worry (because that's just what you do during pregnancy when they even hint something could be wrong!)....I had the ultrasound and the baby was measuring 7 lbs at 37 weeks....so there was definitely nothing to worry about!!

Anyone else feeling completely exhausted?? But restless and ready for baby to come???