Daily check in log

Options

Replies

• jar41yo6m
    jar41yo6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing it! There really wasn't much doubt that you would own it though. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Bulk Chest and abs for me. I pushed some heavy weights early and was hurting at the end.

Water was good, nutrition was poor.
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 84/84

Water A 120 ounces and counting

Nutrition B Ate well but macros off

Workout A++ did Body Beast Total Body and Beast Abs, Had a great workout knowing that it was my last one. Really liked the Body Beast series, I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking to add some muscle. My measurements all went up in the right places. I will take the completion photos later this week and post on here for those interested.
    BRAVO JEFF!!!
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Build Legs, Beast abs and some treadmill for me today. All were very good workouts

Water, 16 cups

Nutrition, was very good.
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing great, keep it going. I'll be watching in the background until I get started on my next round.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I got to see your final results! I know you added some beef! LOL I did Build back and biceps today. Monday did Build Chest and triceps. Nutrition and water is good as usual!
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Bulk Shoulders and 25 minutes of treadmill for me. I'm a little run down today.

Water was good.

Nutrition was off, I was 400 calories over due to a rushed lunch.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Jar41: Appreciate your consistent logging here. Nutrition being off might be the reason you are feeling run down.

Shawn: Way to consistently bring it.

Been too busy to take final pictures. Targeting this weekend. For now here are the measurements.

Before/After

Chest 37.5 / 41 7/8
    Rt Arm 13 / 13 1/2
    Lt Arm 12 7/8 / 13 1/4
    Waist 31 1/4 / 33 1/2
    Hips 34 1/2 35
    Rt Thigh 22 1/2 / 23
    Lt Thigh 22 1/2 / 23
    167 lbs / 174 lbs

Not huge gains by any stretch, but much better definition and put on 7 lbs
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Jeff: 7 pounds is a good gain for being as toned as you were.

Bulk Back, I had a good intense workout.

Water is 14 cups and counting.

Nutrition is spot on, but I'm not done.

I think my problem is pushing the cardio too hard, I'm a little frustrated with the stomach and love handles. I spent 20 years putting it on, I haven't even put a year's effort into taking it off. I fell into the "quick results" pitfall., it isn't going to happen in a week or 2 regardless how hard I push myself. I've got chubby demons..lol.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Change does take time. Jeff just went 6 months of serious training! Nutrition/supplementation is 80% of that body looking extra good.
    I did Legs today- why do legs need to hurt so much? LOL
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Legs will always be my most dreaded workout. My gluts hurt from one week to the next.

Bulk arms and abs for me.

Water and nutrition are both very good today.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Legs will always be my most dreaded workout. My gluts hurt from one week to the next.

Bulk arms and abs for me.

Water and nutrition are both very good today.
    Legs are what prove you want this bad because they are HARD WORK!
    I did shoulders yesterday but had to really back off. My last shoulder routine I was really sore and pushed it to a good workout but paid for it this week with very sore shoulder. I will be fine after some needed rest.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Missed yesterday's workout for a bit of an injury, nothig serious just tweaked my left arm as it was sore from working out anyhow. It was also my oldest's 17 BD, dinner out trumped my workout.

Olive Garden, dinner for 520 calories? Amazing! My 17 yo had 1900 calories in one sitting, WOW!

I got my last measurements and pictures done yesterday. I hope to knock out my last workout and get it all organized to share some time this weekend if I can find time.

Beast Up!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Sorry have been MIA. Been taking some time off since I completed Body Beast. jar41 you should post the link on here to your results. They were impressive! I need to get off my a#$ and get my after photos done and post here as well.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Missed yesterday's workout for a bit of an injury, nothig serious just tweaked my left arm as it was sore from working out anyhow. It was also my oldest's 17 BD, dinner out trumped my workout.

Olive Garden, dinner for 520 calories? Amazing! My 17 yo had 1900 calories in one sitting, WOW!

I got my last measurements and pictures done yesterday. I hope to knock out my last workout and get it all organized to share some time this weekend if I can find time.

Beast Up!
    Great pictures! Nice improvements!
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Day 1 Round 2 Build Chest and Tris

Workout was great I was up on all my weights, however the close grip push-ups after the partial flys were done from my knees and barely even then. I also failed on on the 8th rep of the 3rd set of the declined push-ups. I pretty well destroyed myself, my biggest mistake is trying to conserve or pace myself for the entire workout.

Water was okay, 10 cups and counting.

Nutrition was good for the first day on new macros and caloric limit. Only 3% off.

I'm doing lean beast, but am substituting the early rest days and cardio for more Bulk Arms and Build Back. The last 4 weeks I slipped in Insanity 3x a week. Rest days will create themselves within real life.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Build Legs, very good

Nutrition, good but it feels like I've over ate. :)

Water, a little behind.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Yesterday was Tempo Back an Bis, I hadn't done this one since the beginning of the last round and I did a lot more weight. The pull-ups still kicked my butt. Who does 6 sec up / 6 second down pull-ups? Not this guy, LOL.

Nutrition wasn't off but the calories were a little high.

Water was bad, I was in a conference all day and didn't have much access.

It feels like it should be Shoulders today...everything else is still sore this morning.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Bulk Arms it went well, weights jumped from Beast Phase. I'm guessing because I'm eating like a beast. I swapped out my rest days and cardio for Tempo back and Bis and Bulk Arms. This round is all about the arms.

Nutrition good, but I'm not done.

Water is very good, I'm at 16 cups.

Getting kind of lonely in here...LOL
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    First day of Body Best for me. I can already tell it's going to be tough, but I'm up for the challenge. I look forward to sharing my progress.
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Day 2
    Eating: B+
    Water: C . This is something I really need to work on. I'm making a jug of lemon water tonight, so hopefully that will keep me knocking back the water tomorrow.