Bulletproof Coffee

Options

Replies

• ellenkilpatrick
    ellenkilpatrick Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i have drank the BPC for about 4 days and the nausea for me was mild but i only put 1TBSP of conconut oil and 1 TBSP of butter as compared to those using 2 or 3 per cup.. I may increase later but it keeps me full until lunch with the tablespoon of each...
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    i have drank the BPC for about 4 days and the nausea for me was mild but i only put 1TBSP of conconut oil and 1 TBSP of butter as compared to those using 2 or 3 per cup.. I may increase later but it keeps me full until lunch with the tablespoon of each...

I also used 1 Tbsp of each and Im sure it was the butter, I did finally locate a store that carries the right kind of butter and will buy some of it as soon as I am in that area.
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I had to try this myself and am one morning 3- in the past two days I haven't been hungry until lunch time and I usually eat a midmorning snack. I have also lost around 4 pounds- don't know if it's a fluke or not but I am feeling pretty good wearing what was once my tight jeans comfortably now. I use 2 tablespoons organic butter and 1 tablespoon coconut oil with organic coffee and a bit of cinnamon and Truvia. I love cream also but am skipping it and it tastes good without it. Crossing my fingers that the lost weight will stay off because I was on a nasty plateau and it seems this has broken it.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup every morning for over a year now. It is awesome.
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ok so with trying my 1st cup of Bullet proof coffee i did hae some nasea in my stomach, is that normal ? It also
    made me use the restroom, (sorry TMI) kind of like a laxative, is that normal too ? Just curious so I know how i am suppose to feel after wards.
    Thanks

It's probably the coffee itself doing that- my normal dose of coffee is 16 oz- sometimes when I have two mugs instead of one the same happens to me. I am talking "normal" coffee here, not the buttered kind- I haven't had any problems with that- just drinking 16 oz of that.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Ok woke up this am weighing 1 pouind less :) and also fixed the coffee adifferent way and put in the blender and whipped it really good and i didn't have the naseau in my tummy today :) So thrilled about that and haven't had any food yet today and its already after 2pm here and just now getting ready to eat. I am just using regular ground coffee and regular walmart brand unsalted real butter until i can get to the store 25 miles away that carries the Kerrygold brand. If it works with what I am using I may just stick with this :)

Just wanted to share my experience today
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    FYI - In my neck of the woods, I have noticed that Walmart, Sam's, Kroger and Publix all stock KerryGold butter.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Ok woke up this am weighing 1 pouind less :) and also fixed the coffee adifferent way and put in the blender and whipped it really good and i didn't have the naseau in my tummy today :) So thrilled about that and haven't had any food yet today and its already after 2pm here and just now getting ready to eat. I am just using regular ground coffee and regular walmart brand unsalted real butter until i can get to the store 25 miles away that carries the Kerrygold brand. If it works with what I am using I may just stick with this :)

Just wanted to share my experience today
    [/quote

Congrats on your Happy Scale Day! ;-) I dubbed myself a Bullet-Proof Coffee Believer this morning...my first day. Had it at 5:30am and didn't feel any hunger until about 10:30. Had a cup of beef bouillon then, and just made my lunch salad at 1pm.

Good stuff, and glad I took another MFPer's advice (Kiramaniac) and made up a big batch at once and portioned into individual cups for the fridge. Made the morning go much smoother with not much more fussing w/ coffee than my regular routine would've been. I used an immersion blender to mix...and with the exception of getting my cup a bit to full with coffee before blending, it worked well.

The resulting spillage had my teenager laughing at me, so at least his day started off jolly. ;-)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    FYI - In my neck of the woods, I have noticed that Walmart, Sam's, Kroger and Publix all stock KerryGold butter.

I just came from Walmart and much to my surprise guess what I found there ?? I found Kerrygold "Happy Dance""
    and will go back tomorrow to buy some, it was like 2 sticks of butter for $2.83 I think, I just ran in for a sec to look but will be getting some tomorrow.......
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Finally got some Kerry gold butter today and my local walmart = Happy dance Lol
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    I'm new to this group and I'm curious about this coffee :) I do not drink regular coffee so I drink decaf, much less caffeine. I don't know that much about eating a lot of fat and would be very grateful to learn more. I get super nervous eating a lot of fat calories! I keep my carbs super low and usually try to have protein take up a lot of calories, high protein low carb low fat. Any info or advice is welcome! I would love to hear back!!!
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group and I'm curious about this coffee :) I do not drink regular coffee so I drink decaf, much less caffeine. I don't know that much about eating a lot of fat and would be very grateful to learn more. I get super nervous eating a lot of fat calories! I keep my carbs super low and usually try to have protein take up a lot of calories, high protein low carb low fat. Any info or advice is welcome! I would love to hear back!!!

The best advice I can give you is 'fat is not your enemy' when doing low carb. If you are keeping your carbs super low you are going to have to up your fat intake. Fat is used in the place as fuel for your body. I did low carb and 'lower' fat for the first couple of months and was able to lose weight, but as time when on it seemed harder and harder to drop the pounds. Then I started adding fats like coconut oil and butter into my diet and the weight started coming off again.

Also I was never a big coffee drinker and the only caffeine was in the occasional diet coke. Now I have the bulletproof coffee once a day and do an energy shot before working out.
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    Thank you! I appreciate the advice. I brought my fat intake up a few days ago and I dropped pounds! I am sold on eating low carbs for sure. As far as caffeine I keep it looooow! I gave to careful with my heart issues. I'm healthy now and I make sure I keep going!
    The coffee actually sounds good. Like fudge sort of lol!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    I have Heart issues as well, just had 100% blockage that required a stint and my Dr has never told me to say away from caffeine
    or Coffee. Just curious why caffeine would cause an issue if you have heart probs ? My father in law and sister in law have major heart issues an they drink coffee like crazy.
  • Birdy989
    Birdy989 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, and will be hopping on the BPC bandwagon soon! I live way out in the boonies in the middle of a national forest -- it's a half hour to the nearest Walmart, and hours to any other kind of grocery store.

My saving grace is Amazon. If any of you are having a hard time finding ingredients (other than the butter), give them a shot. They have some really nice, high quality organic virgin coconut oil as well as high-quality unsweetened cocoa. You can also buy the aerolatte thingy there, too! =)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    I love the BP Coffee and it keeps me full for hours :) My thing with low carb is that I can't keep it super low so I try to keep it under 60 carbd a day. My father in law was here all last week and my eating was poor but this week has been good and ive lost everything i gained while he was here.

So strange how eating carbs will up the scale then as soon as you drop the carbs the scale moves again. i will never understand this or how people eat poor a few days and gain only to lose it a week later and then lose more weight.
  • bookworm221
    bookworm221 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've just had this for breakfast & it is lovely! Hope it keeps me full all morning! :)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Since this is back on the top of the forum...

If you can portion it out into containers, this works great for travel. You never have to worry about a "safe" keto / low carb breakfast. My husband and I are going away for the weekend, and are taking 4 little packs of the butter, oil, cocoa all pre-mixed. We we can just add these to any cup of coffee, which is always available. We have the travel aerolatte (same as the regular - it just has a case).

This is my guide for making these bulletproof coffee portion packs. It really does work awesome.
    http://imgur.com/a/YYLwF

Basically it's:

1 package kerrygold butter
    10 tablespoons coconut oil (140 grams by weight) ***** I now use 5 tbsp coconut oil, and 5 tbsp MCT oil
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1 tbsp vanilla extract

Melt the butter and coconut oil in the microwave. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla, and thoroughly whisk until incorporated.
    Evenly portion into 10 lidded containers (I like "2 oz jello shot cups", available on Amazon). Refrigerate.

Then when you make your coffee, pop out the portion pack into your mug (I do this the night before so it'll be softened in the morning - but you don't have to). Add any sweeteners (I also add Prebiotin for fiber, and Davinci Syrup, because it's yummy). Pour in about 2/3 your coffee. Mix with the aerolatte. Then add the remaining coffee. And Voila!

Mine's right around 300 calories. I sip it throughout the morning, and usually finish just a bit before lunch.

Great advice - thanks!
  • KGray12385
    KGray12385 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump! must give this a try :)
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    For those that use BP Coffee, do you workout in the morning?
    How well does the coffee work along with a workout? How do you time drinking the coffee (pre-workout or post-workout)?

Thanks!