I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I would be kind of torn on this one. It would really have to do with the situation in which the license was lost. If a guy just never wanted to get one because he was perfectly happy being driven around... not so much.

I used to drive my ex around everywhere. He didn't have a job and was living on unemployment while he went back to school. He had a vehicle - two in fact, though one was a scooter. I would drive 45 minutes to see him, then have to drive his *kitten* around and it got really old, really fast, honestly.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I -hate- driving. I do it out of necessity and because I hate feeling trapped more than I hate driving. But I do avoid it whenever I can. One of my favorite things about my last boyfriend is that I could hand him the car keys and he would drive me around. It was awesome.

That being said, one of my best relationships was with a marine who did not have his car and I had no problem driving him to and from the barracks. That being said, he still had his license, just didn't have a car.

There was also recently a guy I was seeing who didn't have a car and not enough other positive traits to make it worth my while.

So I guess it depends on other aspects about him. Either way isn't really a dealbreaker, but I definitely would prefer for him to at least have a license.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i confess i am starting to feel overwhelmed by work and life in general. but i am determined to focus on my health and try to put my energy into working out. hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I confess in 48 hours I'll be at my gate waiting to board the first flight of my next adventure!!! :happy:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess I am bored off my *kitten* at work.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I confess, the day after the Stadium Bowl run thighs are still sore. Walking on flat surfaces isn't too bad but any sitting or walking up/down things, even as low as a sidewalk curb they burn. I had fun nevertheless and I wasn't last! Though I was close.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I confess, the day after the Stadium Bowl run thighs are still sore. Walking on flat surfaces isn't too bad but any sitting or walking up/down things, even as low as a sidewalk curb they burn. I had fun nevertheless and I wasn't last! Though I was close.

I can relate. I did a 12-mile hike in the Grand Canyon this past April. It was hard to sit down or stand up for a few days.
  • meem548
    meem548 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I confess I read the message boards more than I post on them!! :)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i confess i'm debating whether I should go back to zumba today or start my month of crossfit training....decisions decisions....
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I confess I've missed everyone! Moved into my new state, which I'm actually enjoying a lot, and looking for a couple part-time jobs to supplement my stipend. Once I get totally settled in, I think I'm going to start up the online dating thing again. Can't hurt, right? I broke up with my bf about a month or so before I left, and honestly, I haven't been heartbroken at all. If nothing else, it would be nice to have a little fun :smile:

How is everyone?? Bre -- seriously, you're going to Moscow?? I am so jealous! I've had this crazy thing for Russian art, literature and music since I was a kid! Enjoy your new adventure!!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that this weekend is gonna be awesome...Is it friday yet ..I wanna start partying all ready
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess that I thought it would be smart to put my cat on a harness and let him explore outside on a leash. Well I must not have put the harness on tight enough and he got out. I ended up spending 1.5 hours going through the woods/brambles searching for him. Everytime I got almost close enough to get him he would move just far enough away that I couldn't get him. So now I am all scratched up and have bug bites everywhere.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I confess I've missed everyone! Moved into my new state, which I'm actually enjoying a lot, and looking for a couple part-time jobs to supplement my stipend. Once I get totally settled in, I think I'm going to start up the online dating thing again. Can't hurt, right? I broke up with my bf about a month or so before I left, and honestly, I haven't been heartbroken at all. If nothing else, it would be nice to have a little fun :smile:

How is everyone?? Bre -- seriously, you're going to Moscow?? I am so jealous! I've had this crazy thing for Russian art, literature and music since I was a kid! Enjoy your new adventure!!

Yeah, welcome to Iowa!! Sorry about the bf though. Here in Iowa we have big old farm boys:love:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I confess that I thought it would be smart to put my cat on a harness and let him explore outside on a leash. Well I must not have put the harness on tight enough and he got out. I ended up spending 1.5 hours going through the woods/brambles searching for him. Everytime I got almost close enough to get him he would move just far enough away that I couldn't get him. So now I am all scratched up and have bug bites everywhere.

Ooops, but thank you for posting this because that is a hilarious picture in my head! :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    wow I have a FB "friend" that I just want to smack up side the head and say get over it. She was dating a guy for max 3 months and I guess he broke up with her on sunday. Well she is acting like a 15 year old on FB. She was so depressed from the breakup that she didn't show up for her new job. Really the woman is in her 30s. Do like the rest of us and have a date with Jack Daniels and the girls and get over it. Oh and she is now on the "break up diet" since she doesn't feel like eating for 2 days now.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    wow I have a FB "friend" that I just want to smack up side the head and say get over it. She was dating a guy for max 3 months and I guess he broke up with her on sunday. Well she is acting like a 15 year old on FB. She was so depressed from the breakup that she didn't show up for her new job. Really the woman is in her 30s. Do like the rest of us and have a date with Jack Daniels and the girls and get over it. Oh and she is now on the "break up diet" since she doesn't feel like eating for 2 days now.

Hahahaha....this made me laugh.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

Yep, I am! Got an English teaching job at a kids and teens center there. I leave tomorrow (AHH!) for two weeks in Australia before heading there :) Soooo excited! My second week I'll actually be staying with my first ever MFP friend. It's gonna be awesome.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options

Yeah, welcome to Iowa!! Sorry about the bf though. Here in Iowa we have big old farm boys:love:

Ooohh, very nice!! Can't wait to meet them :love:

Bre -- that's awesome! Enjoy!
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

We have some awesome farm boys in KY too!! :love:
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Bre - That sounds like a lot of fun, have a wonderful time!!