2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    OMG Kelly! We're like weight sisters! Well, I wasn't 132 6 weeks after giving birth, more like 142. BUT! My weight is 132.5 right now, the highest it's been since losing my baby weight. My lowest recorded I think is 126, while I was nursing. I have been hovering in the low 130's all month, but with an upward trend. I've really been studying my weights and calories the last couple days. I need to be eating around 9000 calories a week to lose weight consistently. I'm considering cutting out the booze during the week during August with a few free passes. That'll save me some calories.

Beeps, that's great! I tend to lay around the pool/beach and drink a *kitten* ton of wine on vacation. And I eat cheese. And hummus. And snacky things. I do have plans to run in South Beach. The path along the beach is about a block from our hotel and I think about 3 miles round trip. I already mapped it.

I went to PF Changs last night becasue we had $50 in GC's (and still spent almost $40! with tip!). It was good, but I just am not a fan of chain places. First off, way overpriced. Secondly, so much salt and oil and sugar! It's amazing I don't feel like @ss today. Thirdly, we actually had to get in the car and deal with tons of traffic which is just annoying. OK, back to being a food snob and only like going to local places in my ecelctic neighborhood. :smile:

Lifted this morning and it was great. Hoping for a solo run this weekend and finish off with my last lift for the week. Have a great weekend ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    kclynch, that's sucky about weight fluctuations - however, you know they can be caused by a million things (salt, anyone??) so no time to panic, yet. If you truly are paying attention to remaining in a calorie deficit, the weight will move off your body - just not in any linear fashion!

Better - once your daughter is "older", my bet is that family vacations will be about "movement", the way ours are! I'm actually very excited about this family vacation because, in my whole adult life, I've never taken a 2-week vacation. As in EVER. 1 week here. 1 week there. A couple of extra-long weekends. So, this is really some great quality time and I want to figure out how to DEMAND some "electronics-free" time from all of us!

Anyway, today I get to lift! In fact, including today, I probably only have 4 more lifting sessions until holidays. Eeeeekkkkk!!

It's a long weekend here in Canada, so the weather is supposed to be GLORIOUS and for the first time, all summer, NO COMPANY! So, I am SUPER-stoked to just have some "decompress" time on the horizon.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Kelly--that sucks that you weight is up. Have you been logging consistently? I'd take a little time and go back and look through your food and exercise log and see if you can notice any trends. Maybe you just ate a lot of salty food the last few days and are just retaining water like Beeps said? Or maybe you haven't had as much of a calorie deficit as you think? But don't get discouraged, you just have to stick with it and the scale will cooperate eventually!

Ashley--You're allowed to be a food snob :smile: Local places are almost always better.

My vacations are usually a combo of Beeps's and Ashley's--lots of booze and eating but also lots of activity. It'll be interesting to see how it goes without being able to partake in the booze part; hopefully I won't just substitute excessive snacking.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My suggestion is to become an AWESOME BARTENDER!! It's okay that you can't drink, but you can still be the BELLE OF THE BALL if you're the one folks are coming to for their martini refill or a lovely mojito!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Holy crap this thread moves fast - just quickly checking in, will catch up with everyone's posts later. I still have not been able to log. July was just too crazy, so we will see how August goes. I know I have eaten way too much bread & stuff because my belly is way bloated so I need to get that back under control. I am also looking at new workouts as I am all done with Les Mills Pump. I liked it, but I am getting bored & need something new. I will think about it over the weekend and will post a new challenge on Monday. Oh yeah I FINALLY tried the yoga class at the library down the street from my house last Saturday. I felt so good & so relaxed afterwards yet I was sore the next day so I know I still got a good workout so I am going to continue with that. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • ajidllensi
    ajidllensi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    kclynch - Perhaps you are gaining muscle? I've seen women who have gained and look BETTER than they did at their lower weight. Just a thought, but I am not sure what your aiming for.

Better - good job already mapping your run in South Beach! I totally feel you on the salt in restaurant food - it should be illegal to put so much salt in food. I also love the mom and pop type places to eat. Like when the chef comes out and talks to people to and asks how you like to food. Little touches like that.

Beeps - have a great time on your long vacation!! Sounds like well deserved too!

Riz - I think that I read you are expecting? Congrats :-) When are you due? What type of prego exercises are you doing or NOT doing?

Abigail - good work getting the yoga in! I try to sneak a little in here and there as well and always enjoy how it makes me feel.

Well, I have just finished stage 1 in nrol4w and feel great. I've been listening to my body and adding cardio HIIT when it feels right, so I don't over-train. I am exactly two weeks out from my wedding (hubby and I have been together for years have 3 kids, mortgage, etc., but this is the formal event with family and all). SO my focus is to shed 4-5 pounds over the next few weeks. I think it is doable and I will have extra incentive with my looming wedding. I am adding a jog 5x per week to help shed the weight. Wish me luck!! Also, wish me luck that I don't gain it all back while honeymooning in Spain :-)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey ladies. Quick check in here. Had a so-so week. Drank too much Saturday for sure. Didn't eat a ton over the weekend, but didn't eat "good" foods. I had a great 4.2 mile run Saturday. It was tough, but felt really good. Also did lots of walking as usual. Stayed busy pretty much all weekend with the exception of 2 hours of blissful reading in the sun yesterday during nap time.

I'd love to get a couple good workouts under my belt this week, but my sister and her family arrive Wednesday right when I'll be getting home from work, and I have cleaning, laundry, and grocery to get done in the next 2 nights. Plus a couple other little things around the house, so unless I wake up in the morning, not looking good. I would love to lift one morning and run the other, so we'll see.

After they leave, I'm limiting drinking to Friday and Saturday and need to focus on diet again and consistently strength train. I've been doing 2x a week, and really need to be at 3x.

Have a great week!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies. Wish I had time to catch up with everyone, but I just wanted to do a quick check in since it's been a bit over a week since I've logged in.

I've all but given up on logging at least until the wedding. I started having major stress about it last week (I don't have a coordinator, so I need to be 100% organized) and logging is the last thing I really need to worry about. I plan to get back on it the week after and hit it hard between the beginning of September and Honeymoon in mid October. I have somehow maintained my weight despite the lack of logging and working out (can't say I feel super great though.) I know that working out will help with the stress, I just need to find the time. With that being said, I do have a few goals for the next few weeks:

1. Get my walks in in the AM. Skipped it this morning because I slept so crappy...
    2. Get a few runs in per week
    3. Since getting to the gym for strength training has been a challenge, I want to add in some push-ups/dips, squats etc. that I can do at home with my runs
    4. Keep my eating clean

Lamb - happy almost wedding, I'll be there in 3 weeks! I would love to try and lose some too, but simply cannot find the time/energy to fit workouts in. Kudos to you for getting it done! And Spain, so jealous. Whereabouts are you going?

Better - I hear you on the lack of time to workout...

Abigail - I love yoga and need to get back into it

Have a great week ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi, my weekend is still "on" since this is the holiday monday.

I had a great weekend. Fasted Saturday, in preparation for some food indulgence on Sunday. Fasted again, today. So, I feel REALLY in control of my calories, just now.

Work-outs will wane as this week bleeds into my long-awaited vacation time. We'll be SO active on vacation, I'm not gonna worry about anything - and I've photocopied some bodyweight exercises so that I can still get in a little bit of resistance training while abroad.

I'm not logging my calories for the rest of this month....well, at least until Aug 26th. Then, I'll be UBER-STRICT logger while I am on my "forced exercise break".
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Have fun Beeps!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Wow...you all are so after it!! Amazing!! My kids go back to school next week and I am more than ecstatic about getting back to a routine. Enough neglecting my weights and nutrition, time for the balance I had back in the Spring. I can't believe I was 2 lbs from my goal at Mother's Day and then lost it :/ Anyway, my husband told me today, when I hit my goal, he will book a trip to Vegas, so I have a great carrot dangling in front of me! I started the Bizzy Program from bodybuilding.com today with a friend, so excited about that. Can't comment on everyone but quickly:

KC - I am back to my strting weight on here, so I absolutely get it! But you are still here and I know you can do it!

Better - LOVE South Beach!! Enjoy!!

Ramalem - great goals!

Jewel - OMgosh, where in Spain?!?! I used to live there, absolutely love it there!! Sounds like you have a great plan :)

My goals:

1. No soda
    2. No Alcohol Sun - Friday. Alcohol only Saturday (have a wedding)
    3. Min. processed carbs
    4. Bizzy Program 2x/wk, Body Pump 1x/wk

2 weeks ago I taught 9 classes/wk, last week was 7/wk and this week is 8. My friend has been restricted from exercise so I've been subbing...ya think I would've been losig weight, but no...just made me like crap. Not this week though. It's time for business.

Have a great week ladies!!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    BEEPS!!!!! Have a BLAST in Hawaii!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am gonna have a good time....5 more sleeps!

I've decided to get a work-out in today, tomorrow and thursday. Friday is "team building" exercise with my team....it's a mini-putt thing-a-ma-doey, so can't do weights that day. And, Saturday I'm gonna aim for some cardio.

That's my plan. Oh, and trying to fast daily until supper this week to push my weight down so that, starting my vacation, I'm in a good spot.

I expect that my vacation won't be spent "eating and eating" given all the activity we have planned. And, no worries about "late-night-snacking" because there is NO PANTRY where we are going!

It's gonna be AWESOME!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi jen! Welcome back....LOVE THOSE ABS!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Sounds like a fabulous plan, Beeps!! You will rock it out like always!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm 146.8 lbs, today.

Boo.

I'd like to be down to 145 when I leave. And, if I could knock off 5 lbs (hell, a girl can DREAM, right!) while away, that would be 140.

Finish it off, post-surgery, with 3 more lbs and I'm GOLDEN.

THAT is MY PLAN!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Wait!! What did I miss...what surgery, Beeps?!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    My high weight stuck. Boo. Not surprised. I've been eating whatever the last couple days. TOM also. South Beach is in 7 weeks and I have a pretty solid plan for August and September in regards to drinking. If I can do well with that, I can drop a few pounds just by drinking less. If I add in a good diet and strong workouts, I can get to my goal (126, which is a 6.5 loss as of this morning). We'll see.

I got both my morning workouts in this week! 2 mile stroller run yesterday and lifted this morning about 30 minutes. Switched up my routine and it felt great. (Done with KISS. It was OK. I did get a couple new moves I'll be rotating in.) So after this weekend, of which I pretty much intend not to log from today through Sunday, it is on.

This morning I benched (maxed 80 4x), squatted (maxed 115 6x), did high back rows (maxed 20 6x), and goblet plie' squats (maxed 40 8x). First time I'd done the goblet plie squats. I like them but my dumbells only go up to 40, so that's about as much as I can do. Still, nice to work the inner thighs. I also did a mini plank series.

Well I'm off till Monday after today, so enjoy the rest of the week, the weekend, and any vacations coming up! And good luck to the brides putting the final touches on your weddings!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    cataracts, jenohaha. i have O-L-D eyeballs (apparently).

I actually think you are TOTALLY LUCKY, Better_Balance, that you can just "drop drinking" and drop weight! I don't have any "vices" to "drop" to permit anymore fat loss. Booooooooooo. I already don't drink (very much), don't eat (bad) carbs very much, don't eat breakfast, etc., etc. I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO DROP (except "calories" themselves, of course!) :)

Also, you can do "goblet squats" holding 1 dumbbell in each hand (tight together at the chest) - that would end up being 80 lbs of weight, which is pretty HIGH, if you ask me!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Beeps, you crack me up! Old eyeballs :noway: Wow, you really don't have anything to drop, huh?!

Better - I think taking a break from now until next week will be good for ya. I'm sure you will hit it strong for the next 7 weeks!! South Beach is a huge motivator!!

Ramalem- forgot to wish you well with your wedding too!!

Day 2 of the Bizzy Program done and I feel great. Nutrition has been right on and I even started my supplements again. The scale is moving and it feels awesome to have some control again! Man, did I need it!

Happy Hump Day all!! :flowerforyou: