JMBR start 9/30/13

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• ngraysmith
    ngraysmith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Did Cardio 2 today. I liked it so much more than Cardio 1! Perhaps because the exercises are only 30 seconds?

Trying to remember how I felt when I wrote this. Tried to do Cardio 2 on Saturday and gave up after 5 minutes and did a 45 minute Turbo Cardio Party....
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started week 11 today. Workout 11 in my opinion was not nearly as uncomfortable as Workout 9. Workout 9 I wanted to die pretty much every moment of it. Workout 11, while not easy, was definitely better. I'm interested to see what 12 is like. I seem to always like the even numbered days better anyway. Getting really close to the end of this now :)
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've had to do an attitude readjustment with workout 9, same as I had to do with workout 5. Today I feel like I got through it quite well. I modified heaps but made sure I was still working as hard as I could. I can NOT do the side plank crunches at all so instead of wasting time attempting them and falling on the ground I did bicycle crunches during that time. I also can't do the rolling things at the end so did speed rope there instead.

After I finished I lay on the ground for 20 minutes sipping gingerly at my water bottle. And then for some reason I decided to do workout 10 as well, which was fun and not too hard at all! :)
  • ktno1
    Options
    I started week 11 today. Workout 11 in my opinion was not nearly as uncomfortable as Workout 9. Workout 9 I wanted to die pretty much every moment of it. Workout 11, while not easy, was definitely better. I'm interested to see what 12 is like. I seem to always like the even numbered days better anyway. Getting really close to the end of this now :)

I'm hoping I have this same experience, because if 11 is much harder than 9 I'll have to quit LOL

12 looks okay actually. Keep us posted! :)
  • ktno1
    Options
    Okay what the HELL is workout 7? SERIOUSLY!

Circuit 1:
    I couldn't even do the crow push-ups on my knees so I was just doing knee push-ups the whole time. The walking planks were actually okay. The plank-ups meant knees again. The jack knife crunches were hard but manageable. I probably did half as many as they did. And then squat thrusters?! I failed hardcore trying to do those.

Circuit 2:
    This one was actually okay. I couldn't get the full ROM on the down dog push-ups but went down as far as I could and didn't stop. My only complaint with this circuit was the tricep kickbacks. I could not get the cable to behave. It was slipping out from under my feet and the angle was all wrong. I think I will just do this with weights from now on. I like how she uses the cable and it works really well for a lot of things but this isn't one of them.

Circuit 3:
    I like the use of the cable on the squats and tricep extensions. It worked well. The one-legged pushups I could actually do on my knees which was cool. And to my utter surprise I could hold boat pose pretty easily. It's WAY easier than hollow man for me! Star jumps were a total no-go. I did about ten all up and spent the rest of the time jogging on the spot.

Circuit 4:
    Quad exercise was easy. Chest press was easy. Chest flyes were easy. The side plank lift thing hurt my shoulders more than my abs because I kept slipping from all the sweat I was drenched in! Also could not possibly do the leg movement things during the chest exercises. My feet were planted firmly on the ground the entire time.

Overall let's just say there is LOTS of room for improvement

Okay, I gave up at the boat pose. Sigh. Just didn't feel like I was getting a good workout since I couldn't do so many of the exercises. I switched over after that to some weight lifting since I got a used set off of Craigslist. Trying to decide whether I am up for trying it again....

I got to that point as well and ended up taking nearly a week off, partly due to having a cold but mostly due to being a big sook. I've reassessed and decided to keep going. The challenge is finding modifications where I can still feel my muscles working hard.

The biggest downfall of this program (in my opinion) is that Jillian clearly has no clue about progression. Because she can already do the hardest exercises, she doesn't seem to have a good understanding of how long it will take to progress to that point.

For the first 8 weeks I followed this program pretty much perfectly. I moved my rest day around a bit but I worked out 6 days a week and ate well and I pushed myself to my limits in every workout. Come workout 9 there are many exercises that I still simply cannot do.

I'm sure there are many people who were fitter/stronger to start with and hence progressed faster and that's why those really hard exercises are in the program, to keep challenging those people. But Jillian fails to offer modifications on several exercises that really require them.

Fortunately due to having done the program previously and a lot of help from those on the forums, I've been able to develop many of my own modifications that allow me to continue with the program. But it's frustrating to be doing everything right and still not be able to keep up! I'm nearly at the end so I'm going to finish but I would definitely like to revisit this program when I'm fitter/stronger and see if I can complete it without all the modifications.
  • Claude1985
    Claude1985 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad if you can't do EXACTLY like Jilian. Don't forget that she has been working out for a very long time now. The important thing is that you are doing the best you can, you are moving, losing calories and getting fit. Just look at all the improvement in our fitness since work out #1, we have gone a long way!
    Keep on doing it! We are almost done and doing perfectly!

Also, just to cheer us up and make us feel better, look at Jilian's team. Sometimes, when a circuit gets really hard, they don't push that much. In plank, their butt is really high in the air instead of lower, etc... So if they have a hard time at it, it is perfectly normal that we should also...

WE CAN DO IT!
  • ktno1
    Options
    Don't feel bad if you can't do EXACTLY like Jilian. Don't forget that she has been working out for a very long time now. The important thing is that you are doing the best you can, you are moving, losing calories and getting fit. Just look at all the improvement in our fitness since work out #1, we have gone a long way!
    Keep on doing it! We are almost done and doing perfectly!

Also, just to cheer us up and make us feel better, look at Jilian's team. Sometimes, when a circuit gets really hard, they don't push that much. In plank, their butt is really high in the air instead of lower, etc... So if they have a hard time at it, it is perfectly normal that we should also...

WE CAN DO IT!

I agree with this 100%. You have to find a way to get through the workouts that is tough FOR YOU. If you do that consistently, you will see huge improvements.

Also I can't help but laugh at how lazy some of her team are. Natalie has been a notorious cheater ever since 30DS!
  • lidzia_w1
    lidzia_w1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's actually annoying how some of her crew members are laid back. Lana is taking it totally easy, and Terriann's punches..joke:huh: and than Sari (I'm not sure about her name) and her showing off:noway: Sorry, had a moaning moment LOL!
  • ktno1
    Options
    It's actually annoying how some of her crew members are laid back. Lana is taking it totally easy, and Terriann's punches..joke:huh: and than Sari (I'm not sure about her name) and her showing off:noway: Sorry, had a moaning moment LOL!

I can't stand Lana. She slacks on EVERYTHING. And I want to slap Sari. She's such a Hermione Granger. Ugh just go away! "I'm working it!" Nobody cares, Sari. Sit the hell down.
  • lidzia_w1
    lidzia_w1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I decided to get myself heart rate monitor with burnt calories option (Polar FT4). Just did cardio 3, which I honestly hate, but with my new gadget it all finished lovely when I found out I burnt more calories than used to log:-D (about 40 more but still...hahahaha!)

How is everyone doing? It's been quite here for few days...
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've reached the final week :noway:

I've never managed to see a programme through like this before so I'm very pleased with myself, sticking with it has been a major achievement for me and I now believe for the first time that I can really incorporate exercise into my life and make it part of my daily routine, in fact that's exactly what I have done!

It has amazed me that 30 minutes a day can make so much difference, no more excuses, no more procrastination, no more allowing life to get in the way. After the New Year I'm looking forward to starting T25 which is also 30 mins a day, after that I'll either go back to BR or another programme with a similar time frame. I have never felt so positive about taking exercise and I have certainly NEVER felt excited about it, so this is a big change in my mind set.

I hope everyone else is feeling similarly fired up XxX
  • Claude1985
    Claude1985 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am also in the last 2 weeks of BR. I'm thinking P90X3 after maybe... depending if I get if for Christmas or not lol. Is someone else thinking about doing P90X3 also? I know it is also 30 min I hate exercising more than that, it takes too much time in my day. 30 min is perfect