Daily Accountability

Options

Replies

• jakeyuma
    jakeyuma Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Morange,

We are going to start over with Alpha and I will be subbing Speed 3.0, Core speed for the speed workout. On all speed days I will double up the speed so Speed 3.0 + Speed 1.0 or Speed 3 + Core Speed etc. When time permits I will add extra speed workouts into my routines.

Hope that helps. I am also reducing my calories to a straight 2000 per day with 0 eat back and see if I jump start my weight loss again.
  • Carrie_P81
    Carrie_P81 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, my son and I both got strep :( I'm finally starting to feel somewhat human again, so hopefully I can start Beta tomorrow . Ifnot then, Tuesday for sure.
  • morange66
    Options
    jakeyuma - thanks for the input it sounds like a good idea and is probably what I will do.

Carrie_P81 - Hope you and your son feel better soon :)
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Accountability T25 Gamma Week 4 Day 1 "Smashed It"

The final week of Gamma has arrived. It seems like just yesterday I started this impossible mission to conquer Gamma. I started with Speed 3.0 and finished off with Extreme Circuit. Max HR 169 Avg Hr 150. Avg HR for Extreme Circuit was 137. I love the tweek of doing speed right before strength. I can't believe how it springs my HR up doing the weights. Simply amazing. Burned 755 calories total.

So, we went to a friends house for the annual Lasagna dinner and desert party and I let loose. I had candy cane cake, fudge brownies, pudding desert, milky way cake, lasagna, devils eggs, and a large salad. I could have easily eating 1000's of calories as in the past. A weird thing happened. The size pieces I took were very small, I took normal portion of main course, large salad, small pieces of deserts. Over eating by 688 calories I was very satisfied, not full or ugly feeling if that makes sense. I had almost 1000 calories left over on Saturday so over the too days I still under ate by 300 calories. On top of that I ate very well on my Sunday Rest day in prep for the party. I really can't believe the level of self restraint I had last night. With the double today, I doubt I will see any consequences for last nights over-indulgence

Carrie - Strep Yuk, 2 years or so again I had 16 cases of strep in 12 months. I picked up a rare antibiotic resistant strain and it destroyed my tonsils. Had to have a tonsillectomy as an adult and let me tell you about pain..Ouch. I hope you get well soon.
  • morange66
    Options
    I am taking the next 3 days off and hope to pick up on Thursday. I still have to much Christmas candy to make & too many last minute things to do. I do plan on doing my weightlifting so hopefully missing a few days won't do me in. Everyone have a wonderful holiday & a Merry Christmas!!!
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Accountability T25 Gamma Week 4 Day 2 Rip't Up "Made it"

Talk about a crash day. I slept 40 minutes through my alarm, took another 40 minutes to make and eat breakfast, ate extra oatmeal and then tried to complete my workout even though I had 0 energy. Thank goodness Rip't Up starts with some Cardio wich woke me up some. I was very sluggish throughout the workout and absolutly died on the planks/push-ups section. This is going to count as a recovery day Skipped my protein shake this morning as I don't feel I burned enough calories in the workout to justify the shake. as normal my shoulders were Rip't up. On a good note I think my 10# weights are too light for me now (This workout anyways).

Tomorrow will be another Double. Speed 3.0 is on schedule and will pair it up with either Core Speed or Speed 2.0 not sure which yet. I aso have to get up early enough to get the workouts in before my boys rush down to open presents from Santa.

On a sad note. This will not be the best Christmas in the world for my boys. Grandparents will not be comming down as great grandma is in hospital, extra bills this month put a huge bind on us so the christmas tree is going to look very barren Roughly 3 gifts total. Boys are healthy, we are in the best shape in years so all will be well.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. I am stuck at work today so will be pretty bored as it is considered a non-school day and I am not permitted to work with students

**** I miss everyone :) I hope all is well for the holidays. Keep pushing play and have a Merry Christmas!!
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Merry christmas everyone...
    Jakeyuma...You have no idea how inspirational you are to me...Your dedication is contagious...I wish you and your whole family a happy Holiday
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Thank you Lexlyn, I am just trying to pass on the motivation that was given to me. I have a long ways to go but it helps me to post my challenges and successes daily. If I didn't post daily I never would have made it this far.

Merry Christmas
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all.

I did alpha week 2 day1 (cardio) on Monday then missed Tuesday so I did day 2 (TBC) and day 3 (speed 1) today. I plan to switch Thursday and Friday as I have more time on Thursday this week. Even though it is only week 2 it feels like this is becoming routine and although I still push in the workouts I don't hurt as much after.
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Merry Christmas
    Accountability T25 Gamma Week 4 Day 3 Speed 3.0 "Crushed It!"

Woke up this morning and saw the boys had pulled their presents out from the tree and stacked them in 2 piles sorted by name. A few last minute ideas and the boys had a wonderful opening gifts, handing our exchange student his gift, calling grand parents. It was a great morning.

I pushed hard through Speed 3.0 and by the time I was finished everyone was up, sitting in front of tree and waiting for gift opening to start. I will still be trying to complete 1-2 more speed videos today.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Captain - Great Job. These become such a routine, I feel guilty when I miss a workout and then am on a mission to make it it. Merry Christmas and keep hitting Play!!
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Christmas Bonus Workout - Core Speed "Nailed It"
  • morange66
    Options
    Merry Christmas to everyone - hope you all had a great day :) It's back to T25 tomorrow. I am gonna try to double up each day so as to not miss the weeks worth of workouts & to burn off all the candy I ate :)
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    T25 Gamma Week 4 Day 4 "Speed 2.0 + Pyramid" Nailed it Sorta

Wife has a weird injury. Some sort of pulled muscle that runs from below her belly button to her backside. I completed Speed 2.0 for warm-up and then Pyramid as my scheduled workout. Speed 2.0 was oddly hard for me and I only got my HR up to 132. I felt like I was pushing hard and sweating like a facet but HR didn't show it. Pyramid was not too bad today. I hit everything hard and modified the push-ups. Total burn for the morning was a little over 600 calories.

Happy Thursday everyone and only 1 more workout left in Gamma.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Good luck on that last workout, Jake. What us your plan next? Also, hope the wife's injury is not to serious and sorts itself out.

I missed yesterday (had a lazy eat far too much day) but did the Friday double this morning. I really want to get yesterdays workout in tonight so I can complete week two and go swimming tomorrow. I didn't swim at all this week with gym only open at of hours and the beaches crazy busy.
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    T25 Gamma Complete "Speed 3.0 + Extreme Circuit"

Wow, today was a rough one. I think I new/my body new this was the last day of Gamma. It was extremely hard to make it through both videos. My legs were sore, stiff, and hard to get going. I tired easily and felt like throwing up. The good news is, in the past I probably would have quit after 1 minute or forced myself to do 10 mins and then go into a panic attack. I pushed throw and finished. What a ride T25 was. 2 rounds of Alpha/Beta + 1 round of Gamma complete...

I took my stats today after working out, showering, and eating breakfast as we are going to make an emergency run to Phoenix. My wifes grandma took a turn for the worst and Kris's Mother asked all the kids to come up ASAP. 92 year old grandma has been fighting hard since she was hit by another car while driving home. The guy fell asleep at the wheel and totaled her car about 3 or 4 months ago. It has been up and down but we are afraid she is done fighting.

So..Here are my weekly stats + my total Stats for T25:

Weekly Total:
    Weight: 1
    Waist: 0
    Hip: 0.5
    Chest: 1.5
    Right Arm: 0
    Left Arm: 0
    Right Thigh: 1.5
    Left Thigh: 1.5

Program Total:
    Weight: 42.2
    Waist: 10
    Hip: 7
    Chest: 4.5
    Right Arm: 2
    Left Arm: 2
    Right Thigh: 7.5
    Left Thigh: 7.5

Future plans:

Take next week as a recovery week. Will be doing the stretch video daily and going for a morning walk with the dogs. Will stay with the 2000 calorie daily goal. After recovery week I wild decide if I want a 2nd recovery week or go into Power 90. Figure Power 90 will change up my routine a bit. As soon as Insanity arrives I will decide rather to finish Power 90 or stop and move directly into Insanity.

Happy Friday All

CaptainBoing - Good job on the double. Nice plan to get your make-up workout in. Where are you that you can hit the beach in December? I took a quick trip to San Diego last week and it was freezing, local surfers were out though..Crazy.
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Accountability - I believe my head is finally right again. I hope to start week 5 of Beta on Monday Dec 30. I am amazed at how these last two weeks have broken me. I relapsed for the first time in 11 years! So thankful I was able to be there for my Mom. I don't plan on weigh myself until Sat Jan 4, no measurements until then either. I will give myself a week of recovery.

Jake - you continue to amaze, inspire and frustrate us with your double and triple workouts! Your accomplishments are a direct result of your efforts! With great effort come great rewards! Enjoy your recovery week(s). Remember the gifts under the tree don't matter as much as the time and love you give to your boys. 15 years from now they won't be able to remember the gifts they received, what they will remember is what a phenomenal gift their parents were to growing them into the men they will become.

Sorry to know of your wife's grandmother's accident! How horrible! My prayers are with your family for traveling grace and strength to endure the pain that it bound to be there if she has given up the fight.

CaptainBoing - a belated welcome to our group, we need more action packed men here! LOL

Morange - You have been doing a beautiful job, I hope you enjoyed your Christmas!

I thank you for your prayer and well wishes! Keep nailing your workouts and will rock on into 2014 better than we were rocking into 2013!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    And today's big lesson is: don't skip Thursday workout. Doing one in the evening after a double in the morning is not fun, but I have completed week 2!

@Jake: Congrats and enjoy the recovery period. I live in South Africa so we are in the middle of summer now. However, I swim in the sea in the middle of winter as well, just not as often. The current on the south coast of the country is not too cold, Cape Town is a totally different situation due to the cold current.

@Warrior: Thanks for the greeting, although I do need to point out that I am not a man.
  • Carrie_P81
    Carrie_P81 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm still around. Lurking though. I got over the strep but now I have some awful sinus thing going on and I still feel like crap. Haven't been able to work out at all in a week but I am bound and determined to start Beta on Monday!

Jake - you totally are an inspiration and I hope you stick around even though you're done with t25.

Warrior - nice to see you back too!
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi all...Carrie I think I caught your strep LOL...I have been sick past few days attempted to workout but had to stop...Hopefully can resume tomorrow....
    Jakeyuma...congrats on finishing T25...Please stick around on this forum for inspiration!!!
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Accountability Power 90 Day 1 Sculpt 1/2 "Nailed It"

Well, I can't see taking a whole week to recover, so I took the weekend off and started Power 90 today. This program really dates Tony, outfits and music are funny but compared to T25 it was very slow and sluggish. I may breakdown and purchase a replacement weight fr my broken adjustable weights as I will quickly outgrow my 10 pound weight during Power 90. The best part of today's workout was nailing the 7-7-7 push-up routine. Back when I first did Power 90 in 2011 I believe, I was never able to complete it. Was able to burn 200 calories but I think that is a high estimate and I will try to eat back only 100 of those calories.

Spent a nice weekend in phoenix visiting Grandma. Said our goodbyes on Sunday. It is unlikely that she will see 2014 but we are praying. The call was made to all family to fly down to see her. Most will arrive Thursday so we are hoping she hangs on until then. At 92 she has lived a very full life, her husband passed 10 years ago and she is ready.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

WpWarrior - Way to get right back on the wagon. 11 years is an awesome streak. My streak is going strong at 25 weeks. 2 more days and I will successfully have made it through the worst holiday period of the year. Nov-Jan 1st is when I historically fell off and never recover. This time I made a plan, stuck to it, and almost through.

Captain - Good lesson and Gratz on your triple workout day :) Want to try a fun workout go through Speed 3.0, Core Speed, Speed 2.0. Its brutal but you feel soo good about 5 minutes after you finish :)

Carrie - Hope you get well soon. I hate being ill.

Lexlyn - Hope you get well soon also.