Daily Accountability

Options

Replies

• Carrie_P81
    Carrie_P81 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm finally back at it!! Beta Cardio done and Shaun T kicked my *kitten*, lol. That's what happens when you have to take 1 1/2 weeks off :P

Jake-so sorry about your grandma. At least you got to say your goodbyes.

Lex-feel better soon!
  • jakeyuma
    jakeyuma Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Accountability Power 90 Sweat 1/2 + Abs "Crushed It"

Figured Power 90 will be a nice recovery week. Hit Power Yoga easily. This was much easier than I remember. In past I struggled to finish the power yoga series, now it was a very relaxing warm-up. Sweat seemed like Tony and the crew were going soooooooooo slow, I sped up my moves far faster than them and crushed the workout. I managed to maintain a 130 HR with a max of 160. I think if I followed tehir pace I would be lucky to hit 117.

Abs was much more difficult. I thought I would crush it after 2 rounds of T25 and 1 round of Gamma, Abs 1.0 killed me but I made it through in pace and not missing a single ab series. 100 total sit-up style abs. 10 different moves. It was painful but fun all in one.

Cals burned 367 in 30 minutes. Tomorrow I think I will jump up to Scultp 3/4 then Sweat 3/4 and begin T25 Round 3 next Monday. Wife did not want to do Power 90 so when I finished she did Speed 1.0.

Well, Grandma decided she did not want to die in the hospital and requested Oxygen and drips be stoped so she can be moved to Hospice. Shortly after stoping all meds + O2 she is alert, reading, doing search and finds. So how she has made a 180 degree turn around. Looks like she will be seeing 2014. She is slaighted to be sent home later today or tomorrow. What a tough lady and what an emotional rollercoaster we are on. Praying the change around is strong and not the ectasy of "I get to go home."

Happy Tuesday all....

Carrie - Welcome back. Shwn T kicks your butt rather your off for 1 1/2 weeks or doing your 2nd round. I think that is the fun of his programs.
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone - Completed Speed 1.0 + Power 90 Scult 1/2 for total burn of 652 Calories. Will do 1 more workout with my wife if she lets me.
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone...I hope 2014 is a wonderful happy year for everyone!!!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Alpha

Monday done
    Tuesday, missed but did on Wednesday
    Will do double on Thursday and Friday to get all 6 workouts in.

Just realised that one more workout and I am halfway through Alpha! Yay.

Happy new year to all.
  • Carlock5
    Options
    I'm new to the group and to MyFitnessPal, but not to Focus T25 - I'm on my last week of T25 Beta and plan to start Gamma next week. Ultimately I plan to do another complete round of Alpha, Beta, and Gamma again. I was wondering if anyone could share with me how they log their T25 exercise. There isn't anything pre-programmed for T25, so I'm not sure how to log my daily exercise n the program. Help please? Thanks!! :)
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Hi Carlock5 - Welcome to the group and happy New Years. We have a great group of people here. Looking forward to hearing your daily journey. I have a HR monitor that I use with a chest strap so I get my avg HR during the T25 excersize. I then open a calorie calculator to find out how many calories I burn. Once thats done I add the excersize to MFP and adjust the calories each time I log it. I hope that helps. If you don't have an HR monitor I would sujest estimating your total calories at 200 per work out and probably 275-300 for Speed 2.0 and higher.

Good luck on Gamma and great Job making it through Alpha/Beta.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Hi Carlock5 and welcome. I'm a relative newbie at T25 (Alpha week 3) and have found this group is great help. I don't have a heart monitor so I just log it as aerobics. I aim to eat a specific calorie amount daily regardless of exercise so I am not to worried if it is not accurate.
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Accountability Power 90 Sweat 3/4 + T25 Stretch

This mornings work out went very well. Avg HR for Power 90 was 130. The last 12 minutes are kicks/punches which really lowers my HR. First 25 minutes AVG HR was 140. If only I could have maintained for the full 40 minutes. T25 Stretch felt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I need to remember to do that video at least 1 x a week if not 2 x.

No word on Insanity's ETA so Monday Starts a fresh round of T25. I will destroy TBC this time

Happy Thursday ALL.
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    Hi peeps. Guess what? I got sick again! Ear infection this time :( Needless to say I haven't been able to work out the last few days. I'm going to try to start up again tonight but I'm still not 100% so we'll see how that works. I think next week I'm going to just do week1 over again since this week has gotten so screwed up.

Welcome to the group Carlock!
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carlock...I use a polar f4 hrm with chest strap and usually burn around 200 for most of the dvds...
    Carrie...You should take it easy this week so you dont relapse agin...T25 will be there when you are ready...get better first...
    Jakeyuma... Did you ever do insanity before??? I did but did not complete it...but I LOVED it except it was a little too long for me...

Today I had to put my little pug Charlie and my bulldog Pudgie Pie in the room I do T25 in...So I was only able to run on my treadmill...I ran 4 miles uphill...I burned around 500 calories...What I found AMAZING though is I always run but since doing T25 I found my run was much more effortless...T25 is definately building up my endurance...
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    lexlyn - Its neat how your fitness level increases as you do programs like T-24. As I am doing the programs I never feel like, yes I am much stringer. Then I will find myself doing something else, walking, hiking, playing sports, etc and am like "Damn, I am so much better at this!". I have never done Insanity and hope to get it soon...

Carrie - Try going for a 1 hour walk 2x a day until you are feeling better. You will still burn 2-300 calories and it wont be as hard on your body?
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    I worked out tonight! I wasn't going to but then the hubby gave me a pep talk so I just bit the bullet. The workout today was Dynamic Core so not super cardio heavy-which was good I think. Got through it ok and I feel good so I think I'll finish the week out. Maybe I won't have to redo after all.

I would go for walks-but I live in WI and right now is not a good time to go outside. The high lately has been below zero!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Alpha week 3 finished.

@Carrie: Glad you are feeling better enough to work out. Enjoy getting back into the routine but don't over do it or you will end up even more sick.
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    Got Upper Focus done. I hate working out when the kiddos are awake as they are climbing over me and making me stop every 2 minutes b/c they want something...so IDK how great of a calorie burn I got but oh well.
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    And Speed 2.0 done today. Took me a little bit to get used to it but that was a hell of a good workout.
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Accountability T25 Alpha Week 1 Day 1 Cardio "Nailed It"

Holy Crap, I couldn't believe an Alpha workout could still kick my rear. I pushed hard through this video and hit every move including the hop squats. My stomach is turning, legs are liquid and it feels so good. AVG HR was 135 with max 155. Goal for this round of T25 is to lose 30 pounds. Last 2 rounds I lost around 41.

HAPPY MONDAY

Carrie - Great job on Speed 2.0, the speed workouts are my favorites. Gotta love the kids helping out. My boys will join in on the cool down stretches, superman, rocketman.
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Rip't Circuit was a half and half challenge, LOL some of it I nailed and the rest of it nailed me. Three weeks off was way too much! I am so proud of you who kept up with the workouts throughout the holiday's. I will be revising my goals to meet me where I am today.

Carrie, I love it that your kids are there with you - I get so little support from my family, enjoy that!

Jake, I will trust that you have been to a Dr (or have an apt scheduled) and all is all is well. Are you restarting with Alpha? I haven't read back over previous posts.

Have a safe, albeit chilly to down right cold Monday! What a way to welcome in the new year!
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    WpWarrior - Welcome back. Glad you are doing well and you jumped back in. I tried making a DR appointment but they haven't called me back :) All is going well now but I still need to get a well man check up done and ask for a full blood pannel, just to ensure everything is on the up and up :)
  • calsgirl18
    Options
    Hadn't had the chance to log on and say, but I finished T25 New Year Eve! Yeah, I was so excited! I have Gamma and was going to start it, but I still think it may be a tad to hard for me. I have been doing Hip Hop Abs and Rockin Body until I figure out if I want to do T25 again or start another program. But I am still proud that I finished the whole Alpha and Beta programs. I usually give up, but I stuck with it!