• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    HAPPY 2014!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Happy 2014, Indeed! :drinker:

I am looking forward to it. I am also looking forward to costa rica (Feb 15) so I need to get on the fat loss track. My strategy is to work out using the last 6 weeks of the Cosgroves Drop 2 sizes but I know I will really have to watch cals for the last 21 days of the plan. The easiest way to cut calories for me is to cut carbs, so I will start doing that gradually.

We have a nice tasting menu for NYE and SIL's bday tonight, and for the rest of this week I plan to stick to the exercise but no real eating plan until next week. I am going to try for a few sober days until the P!nk concert Jan 19;)

But then I plan to stick to a 1200 daily average by cycling some so I can have higher days for events, but I am going to try to keep those, and drinking to a minimum.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Happy 2014!

My goals for the next few weeks are:

1) Keep cals at 1800 average for the week I am still breastfeeding so that nets out to about 1300 cals
    2) 25% carbs for the week (so if I do have a high carb day I can offset it with a low one)
    3) Keep doing Jillian's Body Revolution I am on week 5 now
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My 2-week-plan:

1. Keep calories, per week, to 9,450 - 9,750.
    2. Drink 12 glasses of water everyday (or coffee/tea, but NO ALCOHOL).
    3. Low-carb in week 1, to rid myself of cravings, then back to lower-carb in Week 2, but NOT low-carb.
    4. Weight-training 3 x per week, cardio 1 x per week.
    5. Sleep - 8 hours per night.
    6. Brush my teeth RIGHT AFTER DINNER every single night.
    7. If 'craving' strikes, must grab protein shake (during the day) and either 1/2 protein bar or egg-white omelette (during the evening).
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    oh, goals! well, I should put them down.
    Week 1:
    workout 4 times
    week 2
    no alcohol
    workout 4 times
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! :) I'm a newbie to this group so I hope it's ok if I join in on this thread. I'm not a fitness/weight-loss newbie if it makes a difference. I just stopped using MFP for a while.

Anyway, 2 week goals are pretty standard!
    1. Stick to calorie limit every day, and track every day
    2. Exercise 2 to 3 times a week
    3. Work on correcting posture, especially when sitting (as I do for most of the day)

I have a really hard time keeping my feet flat on the ground like you're supposed to when sitting at a computer, and that eventually leads to me slouching completely! I'd really like to straighten myself out, as what's the point of losing the weight if I'm all hunched over anyway!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years Eve!

Beeps-YOU are Funny! Your goals sound great!!!!

Amy- Will you actually drop 2 sizes or is that just what it is called?

Chloe- Sounds like a good plan.

Welcome, TM!

Yesterday, I got into a cleaning spree and never worked out. I walked by my full length mirror and got scared. I have a LOT of junk in the trunk AND a jelly belly. Oh, I have my work cut out for me. Luckily, I have until June for our Florida vacation.

2 Week
    1. LOG everything
    2. Workout 5 times a week
    3. water and try to drink hot tea at night

I'v been munching at night. My DH got me a keurig for Christmas so I thought I would try to drink more tea.
  • tayloryay
    Options
    KC - I highly recommend Twining's Earl Grey k-cups! Also, it's not a k-cup, but the brand Celestials makes a tea called Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride which is amazing! I'm a bit of a tea enthusiast, haha. I've got about 20 or 30 types of tea at home including k-cups, bags, and loose-leaf!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group tm - I also have a slouching problem & am working on my posture

2 week challenge:

Food goals - no wheat or sugar (after the 1st of course)
    Exercise plan is Sunday - Cardio, Monday - Strength & Jazz, Tuesday - Ballet, Wednesday - Cardio, Thursday - Ballet, Friday - Strength & Saturday - yoga.

Good luck with your goals ladies & Happy New Year - be safe!
  • tayloryay
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! If you want to go by names mine is Taylor.

I spend so much time at the computer, it's really hard to stop slouching. I'm also concerned I might have a bit of an anterior pelvic tilt. My abs are really weak so hopefully working on that area will help the tilt, too.
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I'm Jitsuda. My goal for the next 2 weeks is to do cardios for 5,000 KCals. I do not own a heart rate monitor so I'll go by what MPF says. Happy New Year everyone!
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    2 week goals Jan 1 - Jan 14

1. Pack healthy lunch every day
    2. Keep within 200 cals of my daily 1410 calorie goal
    3. Drink 64 oz of water every day
  • anabet88
    anabet88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm not new to MFP but back at it after a hiatus. My goals:

1. log everyday and stay on target with calories
    2. cardio3-4 a week and weights 3-4 (I love Beachbody workouts)
    3. wine only 1-2 nites this is my weakness I love my cab while cooking and listening to pandora
    4. keep positive

Everyone has great goals...very inspiring!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome goal the "2-week-challenge" newcomers!

Happy New Year!

Today, I lift!
  • tayloryay
    Options
    Awesome, have fun! I kinda miss lifting. My husband and I want to save up to get a squat rack and a bench for home!
  • miladymarathoner
    miladymarathoner Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I need 2 weeks of really focuses effort to get my weight-loss restarted: it's stalled a bit.

The Plan

Stay under MFP calories every day
    3 workouts per week
    At least 2 liters of water a day

I kept it simple to increase my chances of success!!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Happy 2014 ladies! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday! I know I definitely indulged a bit too much with wine and sweets, but it's a new year! My short term goals for now are:
    1. Get back to my pre-holiday weight before Feb. 1 (my sister's wedding)
    2. Go to the gym 3-4 times a week

Longer term:
    1. Work on getting arm definition
    2. Get in good shape for a wedding dress!
    3. Find a comfortable goal weight and try to be happy with the body I have!

I'll have to catch up with everyone later, time to get back into the flow of work after having over a week off!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. And welcome to the new ladies! I am Ashley. Good to hear from you all! My holidays have been rather non stop. I have a bit too much fun New Years Eve and am still feeling sleepy today. I have three lists of goals for 2014, but I'll start simple here:

1. I think I'm going to start logging again.
    2. Take weight and measurements at some point to find my new starting point
    3. Weekly workouts: lift 2x, run 2x, weekly yoga-pilates-strength class
    4. Limit the drinking

Our trainer is coming for the first time Saturday. She's more for Eric, but I'm going to have her help me with my form on a couple lifts.

Taylor, I sit at a computer all day and have bad posture too. Sometimes I'll prop a binder under my feet and that will help me sit up straight. This was advice from a physical therapist I went to for several months.

Let's have a great 2014 ladies! Should we do some sort of introduction? I'll go:

I'm Ashley. I'm 33. I have an almost 2 year old daughter. I work 4 days a week behind a computer. I've been active most of my life, but starting switching up my workouts after baby. I no longer spend tons of time on cardio equipment. I aim for shorter higher intensity workouts. I will run as long as my body lets me, but not long distances. I like to lift heavy. I like food and wine.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    GREAT planning...bump for later
  • tayloryay
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, Ashley. :) I've started working with my Wii Fit posture/balance game again, too. It really helped me when I first got it.

I suppose introductions (especially for us newbies) would be a good idea!

I'm Taylor, I'm 26, married but no kids (unless you count my 2 dogs and 2 cats!). I've always been a bit of a couch potato, or computer potato rather. I work 5 days a week in front of a computer, then go home and sit in front of the computer some more, haha. I want to be more active, and get back into a regular exercise routine. I used to lift and really enjoyed it, but I no longer have a gym membership, and although my husband and I want to get equipment for a home gym we don't really have anywhere to put it! So, for now I'm going to work with my own body weight and some resistance bands. I like cardio, but I absolutely hate running. I am not a runner! I like to do fun stuff that doubles as a workout, like playing Dance Dance Revolution. I'm looking in to Zumba now as that seems right up my alley!