Replies

• twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Bump for bf%, posted my request back in November :smile:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Bump ♥ Though, I'd almost like to resubmit, either by PM or here as its been a bit and I'd like to use my most recent to gauge where to go from here.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Resubmit if you need to. We are looking at this thread right now and will get caught up.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    I'll give it a go :) I'm getting ready to start Mark Lauren's program next week, so it will be neat to see where I'm at now vs a few months from now. And ignore the wall behind me-we're patching it in preparation for repainting lol.

5ft, 6 in, 119.5lbs

463_zps9501585a.jpg

472_zps87675f8f.jpg

495_zps1e121de5.jpg

482_zps11b7f6e4.jpg

487_zpsb099a007.jpg

491_zps251477dd.jpg

17% give or take.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Hi 44, 6'3", 214lbs. Just in case it makes a difference, I had a couple surgeries a couple years ago. So I have a 12" scar vertically from belly button down, and 3" scar horizontally next to it. My lower abs were sliced up during the surgery.

TIA

Relaxed front
    12813progressrelaxflex001_zps915f7014.jpg
    Flexed front
    12813progressrelaxflex002_zps8c4a224b.jpg
    Relaxed side
    12813progressrelaxflex007_zps24c4bd38.jpg
    Flexed side
    12813progressrelaxflex005_zpse46c00e5.jpg
    Relaxed back
    112113004-Copy_zps14aaa193.jpg
    Semi-flex back
    back112113_zpsea9cf765.jpg

In the 12-13% range. Doubt you're below 12 and I don't think you're 14.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Sorry I'm posting again its been awhile, I'm curious how much progress I've made. Thank you both for all your do!

5'5"
    130 lbs

Flexed back
    11j43ns.jpg
    unflexed back
    34sgcpv.jpg
    Side
    2agjhww.jpg
    front
    2gv5xf6.jpg

Somewhere in the low to mid 20% range, below 25%.

Excellent progress by the way. We went back and looked at your old photos and you've really kicked *kitten*.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! That's lower than what I expected, not quite sure what to do with it :tongue: Since I took the pictures in November, I've stopped walking and running outside (was doing around 6-8 miles a week of the two combined at the time pictures were taken I think), started doing Mark Lauren's Body by You strength training program 3 days a week and then I got a mini trampoline for Christmas so I'm now jogging/'jump roping' on that for 30 minutes, twice a week (wearing 1lb weights on wrists for jump roping. part).

My weight has also dropped a bit since November and seems to have settled in the 117.5-119lb range. I'm ok with where I'm at right now/how I look and I'm loving Mark's program and the trampoline , so I guess I'll just keep at it :)
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Options
    Yay!! Thank you both so much ♥. Typically, what % for women would be ideal for a bulk? From what I've read, the lower BF % when doing a bulk, the more optimal muscle growth ratio to fat? I didn't want to dip too much lower weight wise, but I'm still patiently awaiting my bf to lessen on my stomach (more vanity than that is a concern for bulking, really). I'm still in a healthy range to dip down another 10 lbs, if needed.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Thank you both so much ♥. Typically, what % for women would be ideal for a bulk? From what I've read, the lower BF % when doing a bulk, the more optimal muscle growth ratio to fat? I didn't want to dip too much lower weight wise, but I'm still patiently awaiting my bf to lessen on my stomach (more vanity than that is a concern for bulking, really). I'm still in a healthy range to dip down another 10 lbs, if needed.

I would generally recommend to start a bulk at under 20%, unless someone has very low muscle mass, which you do not.
  • SideSteel
    Options

Wouldn't start a bulk over 20% bodyfat. I'd keep cutting a bit further and evaluate again around the 7-10lb mark.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Options
    Eeek! Great thank you! I will keep chugging along. I'm just like silly fan girl happy to get advice from you both. I would be lost without this group.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    If it's OK, I'd like to PM pics for another estimate, now that I've been lifting for a bit :)

Should I send a new PM with link to pictures?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    If it's OK, I'd like to PM pics for another estimate, now that I've been lifting for a bit :)

You can PM us for another assessment.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options

You can PM us for another assessment.

Thank you!
  • midnightisolde
    midnightisolde Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Put your IMG's into lower case and you'll be good to go.

Thanks. I've corrected and re sized them now.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Ok.....deeply unflattering photos ahoy. I reckon your guess on here will be as good as anyones - I have had two major surgeries on my stomach, both times involving a laperotomy. Where the 'hole' now is, my stoma used to be and it had a hernia behind it for some time, hence all the loose skin. You can literally pull at the skin on my lower stomach, which is why I haven't used my abs to estimate my BF%, also, I started 5 stone heavier. 6'0" tall, 166lbs.

Front relaxed:

12107423465_082da8abb4.jpg

Front Flexed:

12108089796_84cc873ffd.jpg

Side:

12108091306_3d68bebeba.jpg

Back relaxed:

12108092216_587637e00e.jpg

Back Flexed:

12107427705_087687fa52.jpg

Thaaaanks

xxx
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I've submitted my pics twice via PM, and still nothing:(
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I've submitted my pics twice via PM, and still nothing:(
    Where did you submit them? I am not seeing them in the thread.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Was I supposed to PM too? I just stuck em up and assumed someone would notice sooner or later.....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Was I supposed to PM too? I just stuck em up and assumed someone would notice sooner or later.....

No, sorry. We are just really behind. We will get caught up soon (hopefully).
This discussion has been closed.