What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I just started Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and I already love it :)
  • Mommybear1979
    Mommybear1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just finished Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight. It was really good.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    I am in the m7ddle of Divergent not my usual kind of book but I am really liking it
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Laughing Corpse" by Laurell K. Hamilton. Just started reading this series over winter break and love it so far!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Gone by James Patterson. Whenever I need a quick read that will keep me entertained, I can always count on a James Patterson novel.
  • deniseselah1
    Options
    "Bully Pulpit" (Taft/Roosevelt) Doris Kearns Goodwin
    "Praying God's Word" Beth Moore
    ..............and I need to re-read "The Pleasure Trap" by Dr. Lisle
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Reconstructing Amelia was a great book.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    'Whisper' by Isabel Abedi (Lithuanian translation).
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am just starting Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn I hope it is as good as everyone says it is
    I was terribly disappointed by it. I couldn't connect with any of the characters. I didn't care what happened to it and I would bet every last dime I have that Flynn's favorite novel growing up was Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier because it's basically the same story with a few tweaks. And not done nearly as well.

I feel the same- not a fan of Gone Girl at all, struggled to finish it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am just starting Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn I hope it is as good as everyone says it is
    I was terribly disappointed by it. I couldn't connect with any of the characters. I didn't care what happened to it and I would bet every last dime I have that Flynn's favorite novel growing up was Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier because it's basically the same story with a few tweaks. And not done nearly as well.

I feel the same- not a fan of Gone Girl at all, struggled to finish it.
    I was in the grocery line one day and skimmed an interview with Cindy Crawford. I've always kind of liked her because of her genius IQ and all of that. And then she said she was reading this book and how great and suspenseful it was and I thought, "She can't be THAT smart." lol
  • sarawilgos1988
    sarawilgos1988 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am curently readin the first Game of Thrones book and love it :happy:
  • Bubblecut
    Bubblecut Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just finished Fall of Giants by Ken Follett which was very good if you like historical fiction --takes place during WWI so it helps to brush up on WWI history before you read it. Fascinating time in history. I learned a great deal which is a huge bonus when reading fiction.

Now I am reading Hemingway's, The Old Man and the Sea.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I am curently readin the first Game of Thrones book and love it :happy:
    I would warn you to turn back now while you can, but it's probably too late.

Welcome to the dark side!
  • JackiSto
    JackiSto Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Divergent trilogy since there's been so much talk about it.

It's ok, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to anyone.

I've had Game of Thrones sitting on my shelf for a year now - hesitant to dive into that world!
  • DivineMissEm0242
    DivineMissEm0242 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm currently re-reading the Harry Potter series. I find that if I don't have a new book or series that I'm interested in I end up reading Harry Potter again.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Big multigenerational stories with a touch of history written by Australian author Kate Morton. The Distant Hours, The Secret Keeper and The Forgotten Garden.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I've moved on to The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Les Miserables is one of my favorites, so I have high hopes.
  • sarahmilner714
    sarahmilner714 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just finish Mean Spirit by Will Kingdom

I am currently reading The Woodcutter by Reginald Hill
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    John Grisham's Sycamore Row - Very engaging so far.