Daily Chat Thread

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Wow samntha, I'm so sorry to hear all of that. 'When it rains, it pours' isn't even enough to describe those circumstances. Hope this week brings you a little more joy.

Beeps, I'm jealous of your impending vacation. It's nice to get back in routine!

This weekend was a blowout. Seeing old friends, plus the Super Bowl foodz and drinkz....let's just say I'm starting this week off in the hole. I'm looking forward to a good week, good burns, and lower cals to offset the weekend.

Happy Monday and happy lifting!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Sam, I'm so sorry to hear about all your bad news. I hope you and your friends/relatives find some peace.

Very busy week for me. Trying to work 3 lifts into my week, but it may not happen.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Today was the last workout of Stage 2..but I hate finishing mid/start-week so I want to repeat workouts A (Wed.) and B (Fri.), so that I will have a full week. The next week will be one of rest afore beginning Stage 3.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Hello- I found a chin-up bar and I did 5!! It was my last stage 6a, but I might continue stage six for a while. I am enjoying it, it is short and I am unsure what to do after the final stage. Furthermore I need more time to try and gather my courage to take some pictures and post them.

Hope you are hanging in there sam

Beepeejay I don't usually mind stopping in the middle of the week- sometimes I take less than a whole week off.

Beeps nice to be in a routine- I am having trouble sleeping.

Bbcg good luck getting in your workouts

Synthialou sounds like you had a good weekend
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,095 Member
    Congrats on the chin-ups, pmagnan!! That's very impressive!

Two weeks until Mexico. I'm going to walk into that country with a flat tummy and my muscles bulging.

BOOM!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Well done on the chin ups pmagnanifit!

beepeejay - I often will go straight on to next stage but if you want to start in the new week, there is a great excuse to insert some other workouts you enjoy in the interim. I'll often do classes to fill gaps - or run. This weekend I'm even going to attempt kayaking!

Enjoy! xx
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    The pet snake died. sigh
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Hit the gym tonight. Restarted stage 5. Did pretty well though I skipped BWM. Very crowded for after 8pm on a Tuesday. Everybody getting their workout on before the snow/ice storm tomorrow.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Hello, I have just joined the group. I hope that is ok.
    I am still on Stage 1 of NROLFW. I have done 6 of workout A, and 5 of workout B. I haven't got my book with me - I think I do each one 8 times for Stage 1.

I might do stage 1 again after I have completed because I am only just getting to 20kg on most things (45lb) and I know that equates to an empty bar... so thinking of using Stage 1 again to increase my weight.

Anyway hope to dip in to the group from time to time.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Pmag....I think it is a bit of an OCD of mine - having to finish mid-week feels incomplete to me :)

Jo...on alternative days I do all sorts of cardio, so those will definitely go on during my rest week. I will also be taking time to learn Stage 3, forms etc.

Sam - sorry about your pet snake.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,095 Member
    What DOES one do with a dead pet snake, anyway?!?!?!?!?!? Sorry for THAT news, samntha....or maybe not?!?!?!?!?

Today, I'm fasting. And, today, I'm lifting. Send BODYFAT LOSS vibes my way, please!!!!!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Bepeejay, I'm the same way. It feels weird to stop in the middle of a week. I HATE it. I also hate to stop in the middle of the month. I like to take a rest week at the end of the month so that I can start a new stage on the first of the month. Don't know why- I'm not an OCD person, but certain things drive me NUTS, LOL.

Beeps, burn all the fat today!

refuse, welcome! I would just go on to Stage 2. The varying rep ranges that you get in the different stages will help build that strength.

Got my lift in yesterday after a long day at work. I dislike lifting in the evening because I feel so sluggish when I start out and then by the time I finish, I feel amped up. Regardless, I slept like a rock last night. Oh, and CHALK(or resin or whatever your gym allows) - use it ladies. It's a miracle grip enhancer. Wish I had started using it ages ago.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Thanks x I actually like lifting after work because of what you said..I hate that sluggish feeling and I love it when it goes away!
  • SDehmer819
    SDehmer819 Posts: 441 Member
    Hi!! I don't normally post in here but read it occasionally but I have a question for you gals and hoped someone might have an answer or suggestion for me...besides getting a gym membership. Hope you don't mind!

I think that I lost my enthusiasm for lifting because im running out of weight for progressing. Like I haven't replaced my adjustable DB that I dropped ( those things are expensive) and with squatting...I dont have a rack so I can only put so much weight on because I cant get it on my shoulders and I know my squat weight could be much more. I need to get over it and figure it out. So my question for anyone who has some input ...will I see benefits, obviously not a lot of strength gains, if I have to max out because of weight limitations? Should I always keep my reps at 10-12 and do 3-4x? Like keep repeated BT stages or the earlier stages of NROLFW? At this point I don't feel like Ill even see inches lost because I keep doing the same weights over and over. Am I wrong? I cross posted on the Supercharged thread too.

Thanks in advance strong ladies!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Makin, unfortunately the entire basis of maintaining and building muscle is putting a progressive load on it. The only suggestion I have is to make the exercises harder. Like doing DLs from a deficit, goblet squats from a deficit, etc. keeping the exercises difficult is key. Our muscles are smart and they adapt. Once you get to a weight that is easy to do 12-15 reps, it's time to increase it. Otherwise you're building endurance- it's not much better than doing cardio.
    Regarding inches- I firmly believe that is all diet. Hitting macros and staying at a bit of a deficit (or if you want SLOW loss, maintenance) with very careful tracking.
    I know you'll figure out your groove. It's tough trying find what works sometimes!
  • SDehmer819
    SDehmer819 Posts: 441 Member
    That's what I thought--so Ill have to do those exercises at a deficit along with my food...but not a huge one. Ill have to pick exercises that are difficult and I wont be able to lift a lot of weight on...like BSS and stuff. Ill just have to forego regular squats and exercises like that I suppose. Thanks for the suggestions...I sometimes forget about those exercises from a deficit. It all makes sense.

thank you BCC!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Hi all,

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but this thread is realllly long and I couldn't get through the whole thing.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for modifications for the Cuban snatch if I do not have an incline bench.

Thanks for your help!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Looking at all the posts lately has made me mad on MFP. It took me a decade to get here but I am here. PEOPLE NEED TO NOT FOCUS ON THE SCALE!! I don't know if there are more posts about it or I am focusing on them more but I CANNOT BELIEVE how many are "how much should I weigh at whatever height", "What weight to be in these jeans", "What is your goal weight".
    Like I said, finally, after a decade I don't care what I weigh, I just want to lose inches, the scale means nothing!
    END RANT
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Hi all,

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but this thread is realllly long and I couldn't get through the whole thing.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for modifications for the Cuban snatch if I do not have an incline bench.

Thanks for your help!
    I haven't done it yet but watched a video so maybe others could chime in.. could you incline with a ball, like chest on the ball? Might be pretty difficult for balance but just a thought (I may be out to lunch).
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Lporter I have done Cuban snatch with a pile of pillows from my couch. It is awkward but possible.