Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    :noway: Did you just say that Cindy????LOL!!!! I love love love those graphics Coruscate!!! I want to steal it for FB.

BTW, you can trade your Sun for this upcoming Sat if Sat is a prob for you. Just don't for get to check in :)

If we get a perfect check in, we have a very good shot at first place. Let's do this!!! I know we can!!!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    :noway: Did you just say that Cindy????LOL!!!! I love love love those graphics Coruscate!!! I want to steal it for FB.

BTW, you can trade your Sun for this upcoming Sat if Sat is a prob for you. Just don't for get to check in :)

If we get a perfect check in, we have a very good shot at first place. Let's do this!!! I know we can!!!

you had the same idea I did, I posted it to FB a few hours ago haha

also I went to zumba and didn't have any problems. so now I'm just not sure if its a cold or just really bad allergies, lol and on a plus note I am almost up to 20K in steps on my fitbit. I think I need 100 more steps so I'm going to do that and after enjoy a nice hot shower to help clear me out. everyone have a great night
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Update:
    Cardio: 245/250
    Strength: 75/100
    Food: 2/6
    Punishment: 1/4
    Combat: 10/60

Hope everyone is having a great week!!
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Tuesday 3/18/14:

Cardio: 365/250 (Aiming for the 600 club!)
    Strength: 45/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 130/135
    Average calorie intake: 2/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2#/ 9# --> no change this last week, frustrated but not giving up
    Punishment (current) = 5/4 (60 sec plank)

In Fusion class tonight, the instructor had several plank exercises throughout the class we did 4 minutes of plank variations. Still plan on doing them everyday, so I will have extra if people need it.
    Also because I take karate 3-4 days a week, I should have extra of combat training as well.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Boy am I dragging today! I had to force myself through my workout and that hasn't happened in ages. But I did a 1/2 hour walk with my hubby around the small block (it is pretty chilly out there) and then 30 minute exercise video. I felt like my feet were dipped in concrete. Maybe it is worth more burn if you really struggle through it? :laugh:

Well, I am off to bed. I plan on getting some strength training in tomorrow morning.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Wednesday 3/19/14:

Cardio: 70/250
    Strength: 30/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 30/90
    Average calorie intake: 3/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: weight is fluctuating HUGE this week b/c of TOM
    Punishment (current) = 4/4 (60 sec plank)

My WD Update: I have finished Season 3! I did a lot of watching yesterday on my "Mental Health Day" (too bad I couldn't count the 3 hours of box moving and closet cleaning!!!) My heart was broken so many times during season 3. My husband is trying to find the beginning of season 4 for me online so that I can get caught up.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Skittles, congrats on your steps! I got 20k once and it was a big big walk day. I know on a daily basis, it's difficult to even get the 10 k steps. So, yay you!!!

Janice, combat requirement for you must be a piece of cake. You are rockin the planks as well.

Kim, I get like that too at times after I work out. Some days I can breeze through something and other days it's a real push.

Like Lara said, it's Weds and how are you guys holding up this week? My knee is acting up so I plan to do more low impact exercises for the next couple of days to try and heal up. I need more combat and strength but I'm on target with the cardio.

So here is a question for you all. Will you guys be interested in another WD challenge? We are thinking of changing it up a bit for the next season but I have signed on to cpt team Carol again.

Have a great day and keep up the great work!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Day 3 Wednesday 3/19/14:

Cardio: 70/250
    Strength: 30/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 30/90
    Weight loss for challenge: weight is fluctuating HUGE this week b/c of TOM

My WD Update: I have finished Season 3! I did a lot of watching yesterday on my "Mental Health Day" (too bad I couldn't count the 3 hours of box moving and closet cleaning!!!) My heart was broken so many times during season 3. My husband is trying to find the beginning of season 4 for me online so that I can get caught up.

Sorry, I think I told you that combat was 90 mins and it's only 60 mins. Box moving and closet cleaning sounds like a heck of a lot of cardio to me!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Sorry, I think I told you that combat was 90 mins and it's only 60 mins. Box moving and closet cleaning sounds like a heck of a lot of cardio to me!

WOOT!!!:drinker: I am glad it is only 60! I was having a hard time trying to figure out how to fit 90 in!!! As for the boxes etc.. yeah I cleaned out 2 closets, sorted, boxed up donations and then refilled the closets!!! It was a definite work out!!!

i am feeling behind on my numbers right now... But I am going to try and get some bike time in tonight.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Im feeling behind in my numbers a little too. Took last night off to hang out with friends. Watched AVENGERS and we each chose the one we want!! I totally get Captain America!!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i FEEL behind on numbers, but then again, i think im probly ok to meet the minimums this week. Planks are on for friday. ill try to throw in a couple tonight for good measure. Ill do combat tomorrow morning

challenge: 250 cardio (60 req combat) / 100 strength / 4 x 60sec plank

Sun: 30 min row (30c)
    Mon: 30 min swim (30c)
    Tues: Tabata (60c)
    Wed: lift (60st) + swim (30c)

Thurs: Combat (60c) + Tabata (60c)
    Friday: lift (60st)
    Sat: going out of town... will be questionable.

complete: 150c / 60st
    est 270c / 120st

to: EVERYONE:: QUESTION for NEXT WEEK!! I am going to be out of town Sat-Tuesday. do you think i can meet the minimums for next week in 3-4 days? or should i take a bi-week? I might need help if you all think i should stay in for the week. let me know... im up for the challenge, but i also know that it can take me a day or two to get back to normal routine after a long trip.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, well I'm having a much better day, I did some cleaning and went thought my closet and got rid of all my old clothes or ones that are to big on me a lot of jeans one pair I didn't even take tags off of lol but I feel good about this. in a bit I am going to do some walking and zumba tonight, my goal is to get 10-15K in steps tonight.

I want to throw this out to everyone I know we are not at the end of our week just the middle but I want to nominate SaraAlexandre for MVP for next week because she has done so much for our team by posting our new challenges for each week, doing the totals to send in and I have seen some weeks she has hit over 700 in cardio :flowerforyou: She is a great leader to us.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    coruscate - you can definitely make the minimums with just 4 days of being home. I have done it. And I know that if you cant manage it, we will totally cover you!!!!
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Skittles- I agree. Sara has worked really hard for our team!

Coruscate- I totally think you can rock the week in 4 days! Plus we will always back you up if you fall a bit shy!

Sara- ANOTHER TWD CHALLENGE?!?!?! Sign me up!!

Funkygranola- if I am doing any cleaning that is out of the ordinary I count it. I spent today moving furniture, cleaning out closets, carrying boxes everywhere, and deep cleaning my house and I am counting it (unless Sara tells me otherwise). I consider a workout anything you put extra effort in to or that you dont do everyday/week. Just my opinion though.
  • kawookie
    Options
    Skittles- I third the motion for Sara for MVP. It isn't like she would ever nominate herself and Sara ROCKS! :drinker:

Coruscate - Why drop out when everyone always has a ton of minutes to give away. I will step up and do some of your strength if you need it.

I'm doing okay with my numbers. Nothing super fantastic, but I figure as long as I am doing 60 minutes a day I can easily make the minimums. Today, I have done strength training so far, and plan on doing some cardio before dinner.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am desperately trying to find time to get my workouts in. We haven't been doing all the outdoor stuff I'd thought we would. So, this morning, my kids were begnning me to read another chapter of Harry Potter to them. So, while they ate breakfast, I propped my iPad on the island in the kitchen and marched, moved, leg-lifted, toe-pointed and walked in place for FIFTY minutes while I read aloud to them. Anything to get my cardio time in!!
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Wednesday 3/19/14:

Cardio: 495/250 (Aiming for the 600 club!)
    Strength: 55/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 185/135
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2#/ 9# --> no change this last week, frustrated but not giving up
    Punishment (current) = 6/4 (60 sec plank)

Hajenkatt - awesome job, working out while reading to the kids

Kawookie - keep up the good work

Strive4more - you can come clean my house :happy:

Sara - yes to another challenge!!!!

Skittles - it is great to clean out the closet and get rid of clothes that are too big -great job!

TJ - how are you?

Coruscate - do what you can, I believe we will have you covered, BUT you got this!!

Funky - I don't usually count my cleaning, but I think it is okay.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I havent been on much this week. I'm doing another challenge, and this week we are doing 2 a day workouts, so I havent had time to post. By the time I get home from work, eat dinner, clean up, talk to my husband, feed the cats, get ready for the next day, get my mini-workout in....I'm done for the day!

Totals for the week:

Monday:
    Cardio: 7 minutes/250
    Strength: 5 minutes/100

Tuesday:
    Cardio: 15 minutes - 22/250
    Strength: 45 minutes + 15 minutes (pm) = 65/100

Wednesday:
    Cardio: 60 minutes + 7 minutes (pm) = 89/250
    Strength: 15 = 80/100

Calories: 3/6
    Punishment: my shoulder has been hurting, so I had to break up the planks into 30 second increments, but I've done 4 full sets of them.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Wednesday 3/19/14:

Cardio: 247/250
    Strength: 147/100
    Average calorie intake: 4/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 3lbs

Been tired this week, taking it easy going on a 4 day trip Thursday 27 and do not want to be sick!
  • kawookie
    Options
    Mid week check in (Monday - Wednesday)

Cardio: 159/250
    Strength: 50/100
    Martial arts: 66/60
    Punishment: 0/4 - I like these so I don't know why I haven't started
    Average intake: 3/6
    Weight loss for challenge -- Who the heck knows? My scale keeps bouncing around and telling me low battery.

Oh and Sara - I am totally up for another challenge. I'm happy to be your groupie. :laugh: