Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Red: I'm really sorry to hear that. that sucks. Just keep lifting and take out your tension and stress on the bar!

Dnamouse: where are you from? talking about winter when I am getting excited about the sun coming out is confusing me!

Sunshinelively: quark is very similar to cottage cheese but it has a smoother texture. it doesn't really taste of anything but it is great for adding to sauces to get the protein content up. Rocky, i like the idea of making a dip or spread out of it, im definitely going to try that.

Welcome to the new people!

I did stage 2, B3 today. For the BSS I did them with my foot on a bench instead of on the wooden step that i was using. its the same height but the cushioning on the bench makes it much more comfortable on my foot.

What is the challenge that you are all doing? Is it setting 3 goals to reach each week and then reporting at the end of the week how many of them you have met? in that case my goals are:
    1. at least 100 grams of protein per day (on average)
    2. lift 3 days a week
    3. stay within my weekly average calories.

This week is TOM and i don't have the will power to keep to deficit calories. I am always STARVING during TOM so i am going to keep to maintenance calories this week.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Red, I'm so sorry about your relationship :frown:

Sunshine, I didn't know what quark was either :blushing: Thanks, DouMc!

Are we setting 3 new goals?

Yay for me and Red! :drinker: This challenge has helped me so much. I even felt silly sometimes with the little voice that said, "Work out. It's your goal and you won't get any points if you don't..." And finally, my measurements are on the downward trend these last couple of weeks.

I love seeing the new faces! Y'all stick around and keep posting.
  • DouMc
    Options

I love seeing the new faces! Y'all stick around and keep posting.

I'm trying to but I give myself 10 minutes to read the forums on MFP and it takes me 20 minutes to catch up on what everyone else is saying so that i don't have time to post. Love that this thread is so active! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options

Are we setting 3 new goals?

I hope so!

Mine are:

1. At least 14- glasses of water per day (hopefully 16....)

2. 9,800 calories per week

3. No after-supper snacking.

BOOM!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm all for setting new weekly goals!
    Mine will be:
    1. Get at least 1g/lb body weight of protein daily.
    2. Get 8 hrs of sleep a night
    3. Keep my cals at less than 2000/day

Technically I should be able to lose on over 2000/day, but I know there's a bit of logging inaccuracy I need to account for.

Manic, if you look thinner, you're doing it RIGHT! Way to go! And being able to eat makes it much more enjoyable.

DouMc, I have the same prob. It's hard to find the time to stay caught up!

Beeps, I bet you will find it's easier to stick to the goals since you've had a "break".

I think my week of de-stressing paid off. I hit a new PR on DLs: 175lbs X 5 reps and 155lbs X 8 reps. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Sunshine, I did buy some Greek yogurt that I can't get here near Toronto: Chobani and some other ones like coffee flavoured with chocolate chips, for a treat :)
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I was here all day yesterday. How is there 2 pages on a new thread already. I'm going to take a nap. I ate 3 trail mix bars today. Guess I was hungry. My inner thighs are still screaming from my workout Saturday, TTYL
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Yoinks! 2 pages already since I last posted! :laugh:

Hello new peeps! :flowerforyou:
    Dnamouse: where are you from? talking about winter when I am getting excited about the sun coming out is confusing me!

LOL I'm at the other end of the earth :smile: I'm in Australia, but in Queensland, so when I say 'winter' I mean it gets a bit windy and I might get to wear a jacket for a whole month if I'm extra lucky :wink: :laugh:
    I need to go visit my parents down south to get actually cold. I'm still sitting here in a t-shirt. I want a little bit of winter, just a little bit.

Just gonna re-post my new goals so I don't lose 'em....
    1. Drink 2x my water bottle every day. I'd been slacking on the water thing and my headaches are back.
    2. Reduce the amount of caffeine (tea, coffee, coke) I drink each day. Again, I'd been slack and not sleeping properly. I know it's stressful around here at the moment, but let's take caffeine down a notch in the equation. Aiming for just the one cup of tea and one cup of coffee a day.
    3. Lift at least 3x a week. Easy enough to do as I've actually been lifting 3-4x a week depending on the schedule. I'm hoping to not have to adjust this one in the coming school holidays (don't start until end of June).

I really need to print them out and put them somewhere. However, after two days of minimal caffeine and working hard on getting my water in, I mutually slept pretty well last night. I've had my caffeine intake today already, but I think a decaf at lunch time should be ok.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I am sticking my personal goals that I set for myself earlier last month.

1. Weigh only 1-2 times monthly (HUGE goal for me)

2. EAT more protein . I had been shooting for 75 g . I will up to 90! EEEEKKKK!

3. EAT more food. Yeah that's right! No more starving myself. If I don't lose another pound (as long as I don't gain) I am ok with it. BUT no more than the Scooby of 1700 TDEE calculations to lose fat.

My awesome neighbor brought donuts. UGH. Yeah I ate one today. 1494 cals and 88 g protein. :drinker:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Ok caught up now. I tried to nap, it didn't go too well and now I have a headache. Funny story, my carpool buddy had a hellacious headache today. Our school nurse told her to eat. She ate, no more headache. Her blood sugar was just too low. Starvation just ain't the way to go.

Red, I'm sorry to hear about the ended relationship, but boy do I applaud your attitude! I know to many women who spent too many years with the wrong person, so congrats for moving on...and getting that lifting done. You're a better woman than me.

Jamaica, I used to adore my MIL, then she hit menopause. Now I'm glad she lives five states and 13 hours away. This too shall pass.

DNA, hooray for no caffeine. I swear the older I get the more I drink.

Beeps, the master of consistency. Go you!

Ok, new goals:
    1. Min of 100g protein a day, even if I have to go over.
    2. Three days at the gym per week, four would be better
    3. No eating after 9. THat's a really bad habit I have.

Lastly, WELCOME NEWBIES!!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is my vice. I don't survive a day with all my boys unless I have at least three cups :P

Excellent day for me today: last session of workout A of stage 3, 127g of protein, 20 cups of water and still under calories :)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Yep, I need 2 cups of coffee in the morning to start my day. And the another dose of caffeine in the afternoon. There was a time when I lived on caffeine, so I've improved.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Loggin on here to say I hot my goal of 90 + protein. 100 g today and 1554 cals. woohoo

:glasses: SAM! :smokin: are you ever gonna answer me about the Premier Protein shake? Do you like it?
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

I think my week of de-stressing paid off. I hit a new PR on DLs: 175lbs X 5 reps and 155lbs X 8 reps. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!

NICE! Cowgirl!
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I knocked off 2 hours early, which I never do, because I was so tired I was worried I'd fall asleep on the divided highway I take home. There is a teeny tiny bird that has the loudest bird song in the tree by my bedroom at 5 AM! It's getting warm here so my windows are open. It's so awful my 10 yo DD who would never hurt an animal and wants to adopt any one she ever sees said she wants to shoot it!

I'm sore today in all the right places. Did well eating wise until I ate cookies and ice cream tonight which is not on my schedule for MOndays.

My goals:
    1)Control my intake.
    Dessert twice a week.
    Three to five alcoholic drinks a week max.
    2)Three servings of vegetables a day.
    3)50 ounces of water a day at least
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hi newbies welcome

We were doing a six week challenge with a weekly report in about our three goals.
    I came in third so my competitive nature makes me want another challenge.
    Really congrats runzalot and red you guys deserve it - you are both very dedicated and it will pay off!

Red sympathy at your loss but it sounds like a needed change.

Actually I need another six week challenge as I am in the middle of a pain flare and I don't want it to derail my workouts - so my goals are
    1. Lift 3x a week.
    2. Meet my daily protein- if I go over for cals I need to get extra protein.
    3. Get therapy for pain at least once a week twice if needed.
    So today doesn't count because I ate and drank too much calories.
    And if I lift tomorrow am I can still make it for the week and I will get plenty of pain treatments because it really really sucks right now and I thought I would never feel this way again for this long.

Cowgirl you are rocking those dls. I bought grip strengthener but I have a long way to go.
    I am hoping you will volunteer to keep track but if not I will because I really really need a challenge.

Rocky where did you get quark?
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Manic awesome NSv! Looking better is always good.

Rocky don't kettle ball swinge hinge and use your lower back?
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    DANG!!! I go away for a weekend and I have to ready a NOVEL when I get back! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how active and positive this thread always is!

Congrats Red and Runz!! ..and Red, sorry about the relationship, but good for you for taking care of yourself emotionally and physically!!

I'm up, headed to the gym, but I wanted to put down my goals and say hi to all you new folks!! I'm so glad you're all here and talking about your routines and squeezing everything in and such. That's my issue too. I have 12 hour days including my commute and wow, it's hard to cram it all in - hence my 5AM workouts

My goals are:

1. Truthful logging
    2. Hit macros
    3. Finish reading 4Life and get started on that routine

I've been languishing, not really challenging myself for probably 3 or more months I think. Yes, there was a lot going on, but some of it was sheer laziness, especially the logging and macros. I'm hoping to nudge myself back into good eating with this challenge.

Ok, I'll be back later, right now, I have to get to the gym! Deads today!
  • DouMc
    Options

LOL I'm at the other end of the earth :smile: I'm in Australia, but in Queensland, so when I say 'winter' I mean it gets a bit windy and I might get to wear a jacket for a whole month if I'm extra lucky :wink: :laugh:
    I need to go visit my parents down south to get actually cold. I'm still sitting here in a t-shirt. I want a little bit of winter, just a little bit.

I figured that was where you were. and that when you talk about being cold for winter you actually have the same temperature as we have in summer when we think its really hot! :smile:

The six week challenge is a great idea. I can get so lazy about tracking if i don't have any accountability. does someone keep track of how everyone is doing?
    My lower back is stiff today. Does anyone else get that from deadlifts? I am a bit afraid that I am doing them wrong but I never have actual pain so i think im probably ok. Also, if anyone has any tips on improving grip strength I would love to hear them. I am at 110lbs for my deadlift and i nearly dropped the bar on my last rep yesterday. :grumble:
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Coffee-ing up as I post, a daily must!

Looking at chauffeuring for a softball game and an orchestra concert tonight, I will be lucky to get a walk in after all that plus work. Tomorrow, I lift. :)