What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just finished Love Anthony by Lisa Genova. Pretty good read, emotional story through.

I just got back from vacation and managed to hit my favourite used bookstore while I was gone... I have 6 more books to choose from. I think the next one will be Circle of Fire by Keri Arthur.
  • hollyna30
    hollyna30 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm reading Onion Girl by Charles de Lint. It is an urban fantasy. I've read it a few times and keep coming back to it.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Now I'm listening to Guns, Germs and Steel (slooooowest book ever) and reading Swamplandia!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Had to take a break from reading ASOIAF, so I started reading Every Day by David Levithan today. I've only finished the first chapter and I already love it.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Pandora's Lunchbox: How Processed Food Took Over the American Meal by Melanie Warner.

An eye opener now I'm on this path.
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Almost finished with A Dance with Dragons! Whew it's taken over a year, lol. Also, change my mind on Gone Girl I think I might start the Clan of the Cave Bear books again.
  • msbhavesalot
    Options
    I just started reading The Fault in Our Stars for the 2nd time. Preparing to see the movie next month. I'll be taking tissues with me lol.

I love TFIOS, John Green is a big fav of mine (my second fav book of his would be "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" - which I think is a totally underrated book). Can't wait to see how the TFIOS movie turns out :)
  • hellokathy
    Options
    I just started reading The Fault in Our Stars for the 2nd time. Preparing to see the movie next month. I'll be taking tissues with me lol.

I love TFIOS, John Green is a big fav of mine (my second fav book of his would be "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" - which I think is a totally underrated book). Can't wait to see how the TFIOS movie turns out :)

"Will Grayson, Will Grayson" is my favorite book by Green. Also love his co-author, David Levithan.
  • msbhavesalot
    Options

"Will Grayson, Will Grayson" is my favorite book by Green. Also love his co-author, David Levithan.

Lol, the more I think about it, I like Will Grayson, Will Grayson better :P - I re-read TFIOS the other day and was all "Uh, it was not as good as I rembembered it" - but it'll still be interesting to see the movie.
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Lol, the more I think about it, I like Will Grayson, Will Grayson better :P - I re-read TFIOS the other day and was all "Uh, it was not as good as I rembembered it" - but it'll still be interesting to see the movie.

I will definitely look into "Will Grayson, Will Grayson". I think John Green is great. I watched a few episode of Mental Floss on youtube and some other videos hes in.
  • hellokathy
    Options
    I just finished "An Abundance of Katherines", also by John Green. It wasn't as great a story as his other books but I absolutely loved Hassan. He's already one of my all time favorite book characters. I've now read all books by JG (safe for some colabs, short stories, etc.) and WGWG is still my favorite.

Now I started "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner, also a YA book (for some reason, my current TBR pile is almost 100% YA fiction). It was recommended to fans of "The Hunger Games". I've only read a couple pages so far but I can already say that it is promising.
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The Maze runner is very good as well as the second book The Scorch Trials.
  • ulala424
    ulala424 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Ruining, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and A Clash of Kings.
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've just started the Goldfinch. Not sure if I'll stay engaged. Seems rather drawn out.
  • hellokathy
    Options
    The Maze runner is very good as well as the second book The Scorch Trials.

Yesss, I finished it yesterday and was so tempted to run to the next bookstore and buy the second book. But I really want to get through my TBR pile eventually before buying any new books. Let's see how long that'll last. :tongue:

I'm starting "Starters" by Lissa Price today. For some reason I can't get away from the YA lit genre right now.
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Written In My Own Heart's Blood #8 in the Outlander series. I loved it!

Hello, the house!
  • sisterb42
    sisterb42 Posts: 5
    Options
    Lies You Wanted to Hear- James Whitfield Thomson
  • msbhavesalot
    Options
    I finished two lovely YA books, "Eleanor & Park" by Rainbow Rowell and "Every Day" by David Levithan. They were on a "If you liked TFiOS you'll probably like these books too" - list, and I actually liked them more than TFiOS... Still love John Green tho :). Started out "Mona Lisa Overdrive" by William Gibson, seems decent enough.
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am reading 2 books right now. These are both romance and about vampires. I have read both series and love to read them again and again.
    #1 Dark Prince by Christine Feehan
    #15 The Harlequin by Laurell K Hamilton. The 1st book is Guilty Pleasures but you have to read to the end of book 6 and then only the juicy parts begin. It gets better and better the more books you read!!
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Written In My Own Heart's Blood #8 in the Outlander series. I loved it!

Hello, the house!

I finished this one a couple weeks ago... LOVED IT!!!!

Hello, the house!