Leslie Sansone June 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• datxdiva
    datxdiva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I probably wont make my goal :(
    But on the positive side i have gone over my average of 80 miles the last 6 months :)

Goal for June: 100 miles
    To date: 89 miles
    Left: 11 miles
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today: 6 miles
    total to date: 196 miles
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I had to take 2 days off to heal my knee. Rough housing with my 2 grandsons and hurt myself. I woke up Friday to a swollen knee and had to take it easy. I was able to do Leslie's 2 mile Silver Walk this morning. Fingers crossed that I can "get my walk on" in the morning. I admit I am addicted to walking outdoors.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie this morning

120 miles with Leslie to date.

5 miles in the park with the dogs

104 miles outside to date

224 miles to date total

goal 125 miles
    I made my goal for the month!!!! Yeah!!!

I think I got in 175 last month so was trying to break my record! Am trying hard to get to 200 miles this month!!! MADE IT!!!!!

Happy walking! ----LouAnn

Thank you for all your support! This challenge has been so good for me, you all push me to do more and keep going! Without this group I never would have kept track or even made it this far! Thank you!!!!!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
    June 10, 2 Miles-, 5 Day Slim Down miles 2 and 3
    June 11, 3 Miles- 5 Day Slim Down miles 1, 4 and 5
    June 12, 4 Miles- Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker and 1 mile of Leslie.
    June 15, 4 Miles -of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jun 16, 1 Mile- of the 5 Day Slim Down
    June 17, 2 Miles - Belly Blasting Walk
    June 18, 4 Miles- 4 Mile Super challenge
    June 19, 3 Miles - Walking for WEight Loss with Debbie Rocker
    June 21 2 Miles 5 Day slim down Miles 2 and 3
    June 24 2 MIles 30 Minutes to fitness Start Here
    June 25, 4 MIles 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 26, 3 miles - Walk Your Belly Flat
    June 27, 3 miles -- Walking for Weight Loss
    June 29, 5 miles - 5 Day Slim Down

66 miles done
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I probably wont make my goal :(
    But on the positive side i have gone over my average of 80 miles the last 6 months :)

Goal for June: 100 miles
    To date: 89 miles
    Left: 11 miles

datxdiva,

Wonderful walking there. Be proud of that :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I had to take 2 days off to heal my knee. Rough housing with my 2 grandsons and hurt myself. I woke up Friday to a swollen knee and had to take it easy. I was able to do Leslie's 2 mile Silver Walk this morning. Fingers crossed that I can "get my walk on" in the morning. I admit I am addicted to walking outdoors.

PinkyPan1,
    Sorry to hear about your knee, but it sounds like 2 days off was the answer. Got to keep feeding that addiction:wink:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie this morning

120 miles with Leslie to date.

5 miles in the park with the dogs

104 miles outside to date

224 miles to date total

goal 125 miles
    I made my goal for the month!!!! Yeah!!!

I think I got in 175 last month so was trying to break my record! Am trying hard to get to 200 miles this month!!! MADE IT!!!!!

Happy walking! ----LouAnn

Thank you for all your support! This challenge has been so good for me, you all push me to do more and keep going! Without this group I never would have kept track or even made it this far! Thank you!!!!!

LouAnn,
    YOU are an inspiration!. 224 miles to date - so amazing! Can't wait to see your final total. Keep walking Girl!!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    today: 6 miles
    total to date: 196 miles

lidenalex,

Another amazing total here. Great job!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Saturday:

0 miles:

60 minutes outdoors

Goal for June: 40 miles (also focusing on strength this month)

So far: 41.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

Mary,
    Well Done! Surpassed your goal, even while focusing on strength. Good on ya.:happy:

So far: 230 outdoor minutes

:flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi I have been doing Leslie's dvds for a few years now, and I love them, every now and again I do something else, but I always come back to Leslie. At the moment I am doing 3 miles for 4 days and 4 miles one day, with a half an hour jog/walk in the afternoons, just to try and sift my holiday 4lb gain. I love her energy and all her walkers aren't super thin, just like us human :wink:

Anyway I am glad more people are joining this group as it was quite for a while.:smile:

Debrakhan,
    I think this month has been the most active month for the entire year. People are knocking down some miles. And even better, the supporting and encouragement has been even greater than usual too, IMHO.

I like it too that Leslie and her walkers aren't professional models. I miss the old crew from time to time. Especially Mary Kay.

Keep walking, keep walking!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning walkers!! Two days of rest is just what I needed and I feel sooo good. I walked 6 miles this morning and loved every minute of it. My goal for June was 100 miles and I accomplished 130 miles. Thank you all for the motivation, inspiration and kind words. This group is great and I am thrilled to be a part of it. Happy walking everyone.
  • debrakhan
    debrakhan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, am really enjoying my walking with Leslie, having had a break for awhile am just doing 3miles for 4 days and 4 miles on the fifth day, with 2 miles jog in the late afternoons. What I would like to know I have lots of Leslie's dvds, but haven't bought anything new for awhile now, is there anything new with a bit more intensity, I have the jog mile dvd, but would like something a bit more advanced, also is Leslie's Pilates dvd any good?
    many thanks and keep walking :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
    June 10, 2 Miles-, 5 Day Slim Down miles 2 and 3
    June 11, 3 Miles- 5 Day Slim Down miles 1, 4 and 5
    June 12, 4 Miles- Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker and 1 mile of Leslie.
    June 15, 4 Miles -of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jun 16, 1 Mile- of the 5 Day Slim Down
    June 17, 2 Miles - Belly Blasting Walk
    June 18, 4 Miles- 4 Mile Super challenge
    June 19, 3 Miles - Walking for WEight Loss with Debbie Rocker
    June 21 2 Miles 5 Day slim down Miles 2 and 3
    June 24 2 MIles 30 Minutes to fitness Start Here
    June 25, 4 MIles 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 26, 3 miles - Walk Your Belly Flat
    June 27, 3 miles -- Walking for Weight Loss
    June 29, 5 miles - 5 Day Slim Down
    June 30 2 Miles 1 and 2 from the 4 Mile Super Challenge

68 miles done Not my personal best, but next month will be better. Looking forward to walking with all you super star walkers. It's been an inspiring month thanks to you all. Congrat;s on your sucesses:drinker:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi everyone, am really enjoying my walking with Leslie, having had a break for awhile am just doing 3miles for 4 days and 4 miles on the fifth day, with 2 miles jog in the late afternoons. What I would like to know I have lots of Leslie's dvds, but haven't bought anything new for awhile now, is there anything new with a bit more intensity, I have the jog mile dvd, but would like something a bit more advanced, also is Leslie's Pilates dvd any good?

Debrakahn,

I like most of her older stuff better but have found her Belly Blasting Walk to be fairly intense. Her 5 Day Slim Down isn't new ( I think it was made in 2008) is a challenge, especially miles 2 and 3 which focus on arms and legs. There ware squats and lunges in mile 3. There's also a 12 minute speed mile. Lot's of sweating going on in that mile. :laugh:

Hope this helps,
    Ann
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Good Monday morning walkers!! Two days of rest is just what I needed and I feel sooo good. I walked 6 miles this morning and loved every minute of it. My goal for June was 100 miles and I accomplished 130 miles. Thank you all for the motivation, inspiration and kind words. This group is great and I am thrilled to be a part of it. Happy walking everyone.

PinkyPan1,

Glad you are doing better .

May I say Well Done! Surpassed your goal by 30 miles. Fantastic! Thank you for your cheerful encouragement! See you next month :drinker:
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today: 5 miles
    total for June: 201 miles

My goal for June was at least 0.6 miles per day, each and every day. So I made it :smile: although sometimes it was not so easy. June was fun, lot of people walking many miles, made my heart warm :heart: . Let's make July as good! :happy:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, ... also is Leslie's Pilates dvd any good?

debrakhan, If you are talking about the 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk (Walk at Home series) which is a Pilates Inspired Workout, then in my opinion I believe that it is a good one. Leslie does extra teaching throughout that is inspired by the Pilates principles. And she adds in a bit standing core/ balance moves in near the end that are also Pilates inspired. There is a "bonus" segment that teaches a few minutes of Pilates floor exercises. I borrowed this from my local library a number of times and then bought it b/c I do like having it in my rotation of DVDs and available when I want to do it on the spur of the moment :happy: . Leslie is not with a group.

There is one called "Leslie Sansone - You Can Do Pilates" made in 2004 in her "You Can Do" series where she focused on other forms of exercise, not walks. I do not own this so I have no opinion. You can research it and read reviews if you want.

In her "Walk Away the Pounds for Your Week" DVD which has 5 complete workouts on it she has a 17 minute segment called "You Can Do Pilates" on it. To tell the truth I have not done that segment as I have not gotten into the Pilates form of exercise as of yet. On the back cover it states "Leslie shows you that "You Can Do" Pilates too without feeling overwhelmed". This might be an introduction segment??

I hope that this information helps to answer your questions.

• Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    2 miles on treadmill to get me to my goal of 60 for the month! :). I had already done a one hour weight training DVD workout but this challenge motivated me to get on the treadmill after to hit my goal!
    Great job all!!

Pinkypan1 - ok, now, your little walker ticker is out of sight!! Lol! Great work!!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, ....... What I would like to know I have lots of Leslie's dvds, but haven't bought anything new for awhile now, is there anything new with a bit more intensity,........

debrakhan, Leslie's new "Just Walk" series seem to be ramping up the intensity :happy: . She uses some more bouncy and intense movements that are new, and has also developed some fun new moves that are variation of old moves from previous series.
    Of course the 4 basic original moves are still there! She has mostly a younger group of walkers in these DVDs. It took me a little bit to get used to new walkers, but personally I really enjoy them now, as well as the original cast the of walkers from her older series when I use them.
    My :heart: will always remain with Mary Kay, Carole and the rest of the original gang the most because that is what I started out with and, well, they are nearer my age :laugh: Of course there is much to be said about keeping up with the younger crowd :drinker: .

I like the various Just Walk series DVDs. especially the 3 Mega Miles and the 5 Mega Miles DVDS for strength and intensity. These feature different strength and cardio walks. Both of these DVDs can be quite intense depending on how much you work the miles!

Also two of the Just Walk DVDs use current party or radio music. There are intervals of High Intensity Interval Training (aka HIIT) on these DVDs: Leslie Sansone: Walk to the HITS Party Songs and Leslie Sansone: Walk to the HITS Radio Remixes.

Check out the "Just Walk" series and you might find the intensity that you are looking for. As well as some new variety to add to your line up!

You also might find them at your public library to try out and see what you think of them. That is what I often do :wink: .