1131415161719»

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Saturday:

0 miles:

60 minutes outdoors plus a lot of yard work

Goal for June: 40 miles (also focusing on strength this month)

So far: 41.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 230 outdoor minutes

Sunday and Monday (today) Free Days.

It has been a pleasure walking with each one of you :heart: .

Thank you to each of you for everything that you brought to the June Challenge ~ even above and beyond your amazing mileage ~

There has been much lively discussion and encouragement, and some profound sharing of thoughts and ideas.

Every month seems to have its own special flavor, as well as victories and struggles unique to that particular month, and happily this month has been wonderfully awesome as well.

I have been blessed and encouraged by each one of you. Thank you!

I'll be hoping to see you all in July, and perhaps some of our friends from months past might come back for the dog days of summer monthly challenges as we walk at home... indoors :glasses:

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Hi everyone, am really enjoying my walking with Leslie, having had a break for awhile am just doing 3miles for 4 days and 4 miles on the fifth day, with 2 miles jog in the late afternoons. What I would like to know I have lots of Leslie's dvds, but haven't bought anything new for awhile now, is there anything new with a bit more intensity, I have the jog mile dvd, but would like something a bit more advanced, also is Leslie's Pilates dvd any good?
    many thanks and keep walking :smile:

Debrakahn,

I like most of her older stuff better but have found her Belly Blasting Walk to be fairly intense. Her 5 Day Slim Down isn't new ( I think it was made in 2008) is a challenge, especially miles 2 and 3 which focus on arms and legs. There ware squats and lunges in mile 3. There's also a 12 minute speed mile. Lot's of sweating going on in that mile. :laugh:

Hope this helps,
    Ann

And I will second all that Ann wrote, while adding to the list the 4 Mile Super Challenge from the Express series.

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, ... also is Leslie's Pilates dvd any good?
    many thanks and keep walking :smile:

debrakhan, If you are talking about the 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk (Walk at Home series) which is a Pilates Inspired Workout, then in my opinion I believe that it is a good one. Leslie does extra teaching throughout that is inspired by the Pilates principles. And she adds in a bit standing core/ balance moves in near the end that are also Pilates inspired. There is a "bonus" segment that teaches a few minutes of Pilates floor exercises. I borrowed this from my local library a number of times and then bought it b/c I do like having it in my rotation of DVDs and available when I want to do it on the spur of the moment :happy: . Leslie is not with a group.

There is one called "Leslie Sansone - You Can Do Pilates" made in 2004 in her "You Can Do" series where she focused on other forms of exercise, not walks. I do not own this so I have no opinion. You can research it and read reviews if you want.

In her "Walk Away the Pounds for Your Week" DVD which has 5 complete workouts on it she has a 17 minute segment called "You Can Do Pilates" on it. To tell the truth I have not done that segment as I have not gotten into the Pilates form of exercise as of yet. On the back cover it states "Leslie shows you that "You Can Do" Pilates too without feeling overwhelmed". This might be an introduction segment??

I hope that this information helps to answer your questions.

Mary,

So glad you answered this as I had no idea Leslie had done more Pilates workouts. I got "You Can Do Pilates" when it came out and liked it a lot. But, it was a beginner workout and was quite short, if I remember right it was only 15 minutes or so. She took you through an instructional part showing the moves first before the actual workout doing those moves for a few reps each. Will have to see if I can borrow Slim and Sleek from the library. Sounds like it's pretty good. :happy:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie this morning

125 miles with Leslie to date.

4 miles in the park with the dogs

109 miles outside to date

234 miles to date total

goal 125 miles
    I made my goal for the month!!!! Yeah!!!

Happy walking! ----LouAnn

I am so excited!!! I wanted 200 and I made it! My real goal for myself was 200, but 234 well I am in shock! Now I need a new pair of sneakers but it was worth it! excited for July now!

Thank you for all your support! This challenge has been so good for me, you all push me to do more and keep going! Without this group I never would have kept track or even made it this far! Thank you!!!!!
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wow, Louann that is fantastic!! I agree it was this group that motivated me to get those walks in!
  • debrakhan
    debrakhan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your replies, looks like I will be buying more dvds, to add to my ever growing pile, but the more the merrier :wink: can't wait to get stuck in.
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well done to everyone, what a fantastic month.

My total for the month was 92.25 miles.
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I probably wont make my goal :(
    But on the positive side i have gone over my average of 80 miles the last 6 months :)

Goal for June: 100 miles
    To date: 89 miles
    Left: 11 miles

You did fabulous! I didn't make my goal of 110 but got to 100- but look what we did!
    We just need to remember to celebrate our successes. If not for this challenge I wouldn't have done that many miles.

July challenge is here! Let's do it!
  • texasgardnr
    Options

Debrakhan,
    I think this month has been the most active month for the entire year. People are knocking down some miles. And even better, the supporting and encouragement has been even greater than usual too, IMHO.

I like it too that Leslie and her walkers aren't professional models. I miss the old crew from time to time. Especially Mary Kay.

Keep walking, keep walking!!

Indeed!, this has been one of the most active months as far as support and encouragement, as well as sharing various thoughts and ideas. There has been some serious mileage being logged this month :noway: .

Having said that.... EVERY mile walked is awesome and makes us stronger and healthier. And EVERY goal, no matter how many or few miles it may be, is also so beneficial for our health and weight management. And at the end of the day, or month, it's what each one of us walked that will make a difference for our body and health!

It was an awesome month :drinker: .
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Oooops forgot to update for June!

Goal for June: 175 miles
    End of June: 216 miles

I usually don't make my goal, but I killed it in June! :drinker:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Oooops forgot to update for June!

Goal for June: 175 miles
    End of June: 216 miles

I usually don't make my goal, but I killed it in June! :drinker:

You sure did!!! Congrat's. That's some serious walking :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options

Debrakhan,
    I think this month has been the most active month for the entire year. People are knocking down some miles. And even better, the supporting and encouragement has been even greater than usual too, IMHO.

I like it too that Leslie and her walkers aren't professional models. I miss the old crew from time to time. Especially Mary Kay.

Keep walking, keep walking!!

Indeed!, this has been one of the most active months as far as support and encouragement, as well as sharing various thoughts and ideas. There has been some serious mileage being logged this month :noway: .

Having said that.... EVERY mile walked is awesome and makes us stronger and healthier. And EVERY goal, no matter how many or few miles it may be, is also so beneficial for our health and weight management. And at the end of the day, or month, it's what each one of us walked that will make a difference for our body and health!

It was an awesome month :drinker: .

Mary, I couldn't agree more. A very uplifting month! Thank you for keeping us going.