What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Last night I just started reading:

Suspicion Nation: The Inside Story of the Trayvon Martin Injustice and Why We Continue to Repeat It

by: Lisa Bloom
  • LifeItself
    LifeItself Posts: 44
    Options
    I just finished Flat Out Love by Jessica Park.

Currently reading The Racketeer by John Grisham and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.
  • QBass
    QBass Posts: 14
    Options
    Currently reading:

fiction: Vernor Vinge "A Fire Upon the Deep"
    non-fiction: Volek and Phinney "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living"
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    'The world without us' by Alan Weisman
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    "After the End" by Amy Plum.

I loved "Maze Runner" as well. Looking forward to seeing how the movie goes
  • ulala424
    ulala424 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just finished Jellicoe Road. Loved it. Now I'm reading Gone Girl.
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The First Rule of Ten (Tenzing Norbu Mysteries). They're sort of Buddhist detective mysteries. I'm not sure if I'm into it yet, but I'll report back!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've begun "The Poisonwood Bible" again. I really liked it the first time I started it, but put it down and didn't pick it up again. Hope to get through it this time.

I really need and want to start devouring books again.
  • LifeItself
    Options
    Lola and the Boy Next Door
    The Beginning of Everything
  • SeraBob
    SeraBob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Living With the Dead by Kelley Armstrong. Not a massive work of literature but a good, easy-to-carve-through supernatural thriller.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm ready Sacré Bleu by Christopher Moore. It's pretty fantastic.
  • LifeItself
    Options
    Fat Rules by M.D. Mosteller. The typos are driving me insane but the story is nice so far.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just finished Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore and really liked it. I loved the story, didn't love a lot of the characters. It was a quick read and lots of fun.
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just finished Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore and really liked it. I loved the story, didn't love a lot of the characters. It was a quick read and lots of fun.

Great book.
  • shirleycoale
    shirleycoale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Citizens of London: The Americans who stood with Britain in their darkest, finest hour by Lynne Olson. Edward R Murrow, Reporter; Averell Harriman, FDR's point man for the Lend Lease program; and John gilbert Winant, US Ambassador come to Britain before the US entry into WWII. It's a well written book that pulls no punches about life during the war and the gamesmanship of Both the US and Great Britaiin. I'm enjoying it.
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The Book Thief
    The Art of Happiness (Dalai Lama)
    No excuses: power of self-discipline by amazing Brian Tracy (a must)
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just finished: The Immortal Crown (Age of X #2) - Richelle Mead
    In the middle of: The Fictional Woman - Tara Moss
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    A Thyme to Die by Joyce and Jim Lavene (84% complete)
    Demons of Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase (64% complete)
    The Queen's Gamble by Barbara Kyle (page 214 of 413)
    Invisible Power by Mary Buckham (page 241 of 314)
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Just finished Stephen King's Mr Mercedes and started Face Off (short stories by various crime novellists pairing up their most famous characters, the blurb;

A New York Times and USA TODAY bestseller

Edited by #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci and including stories by Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, and more, this one-of-a-kind anthology pulls together the most beloved characters from the best and most popular thriller series today. Worlds collide!

In an unprecedented collaboration, twenty-three of the world’s bestselling and critically acclaimed thriller writers have paired their series characters—such as Harry Bosch, Jack Reacher, and Lincoln Rhyme—in an eleven-story anthology curated by the International Thriller Writers (ITW). All of the contributors to FaceOff are ITW members and the stories feature these dynamic duos:

· Patrick Kenzie vs. Harry Bosch in “Red Eye,” by Dennis Lehane and Michael Connelly
    · John Rebus vs. Roy Grace in “In the Nick of Time,” by Ian Rankin and Peter James
    · Slappy the Ventriloquist Dummy vs. Aloysius Pendergast in “Gaslighted,” by R.L. Stine, Douglas Preston, and Lincoln Child
    · Malachai Samuels vs. D.D. Warren in “The Laughing Buddha,” by M.J. Rose and Lisa Gardner
    · Paul Madriani vs. Alexandra Cooper in “Surfing the Panther,” by Steve Martini and Linda Fairstein
    · Lincoln Rhyme vs. Lucas Davenport in “Rhymes With Prey,” by Jeffery Deaver and John Sandford
    · Michael Quinn vs. Repairman Jack in “Infernal Night,” by Heather Graham and F. Paul Wilson
    · Sean Reilly vs. Glen Garber in “Pit Stop,” by Raymond Khoury and Linwood Barclay
    · Wyatt Hunt vs. Joe Trona in “Silent Hunt,” by John Lescroart and T. Jefferson Parker
    · Cotton Malone vs. Gray Pierce in “The Devil’s Bones,” by Steve Berry and James Rollins
    · Jack Reacher vs. Nick Heller in “Good and Valuable Consideration,” by Lee Child and Joseph Finder

So sit back and prepare for a rollicking ride as your favorite characters go head-to-head with some worthy opponents in FaceOff—it’s a thrill-a-minute read.
  • sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks and just about to start the sixth book (Hunted) in the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne.