Replies

• jackie_moo
    jackie_moo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing "Tuesdays with Morrie" (mitch albom) Made me cry! :'(
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays with Morrie made me a bawling fool. I tried re-reading it this summer, but got too choked up.

I'm currently reading "Gone Girl" and hoping to finish it soon so I can see the film which I understand is fantastic!
  • nufertiri
    nufertiri Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    After more than a month, I've finally completed Donna Tarts Goldfinch. I'm not yet clear about how much I liked it...
  • KatyRhys
    KatyRhys Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just a tip: the the Amazon Kindle's "Recommended for You" section can lead you to some fascinating places where you otherwise would never have ventured.

My current read-- "It Came From the North: An Anthology of Finnish Speculative Fiction."

Pure entertainment.
  • quinnzellah
    quinnzellah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ghost In The Shell/Masamune Shirow
  • pineappleseverywhere
    Options
    I'm currently reading Scarlet, the second book in the Lunar Chronicles. The first book, Cinder, was better, but Scarlet is okay. The series follows a cyborg, Cinder, living centuries in the future, and she is like Cinderella. The second book also adds the perspective of Scarlet, based on little red riding hood.
    I am also reading Harry Potter y la cámara secreta. (chamber of secrets) My native language is english, but I take Spanish at school, and I love the language. It's a little slower than reading in english, but it's still really enjoyable for me. I picked the Harry Potter series to read in Spanish because I've read it so many times; even if I can't understand the vocabulary, I'll still be able to know what's going on.
  • VaporeonSugar
    VaporeonSugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a manga right now called Vidia and the Fairy Crown by Tokyo Pop. I'm still trying to get moved into my new apartment ( which is adorable by the way :smile: ) , so I haven't had time to pick up any actual books. Going to try and continue reading the iRobot series once I'm finished unpacking and decorating the place. Maybe a little before that... My best guy friend loves science fiction and suggested it to me and is letting me borrow his books. :blush:
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Currently reading 'The shadow of the wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.
    Enjoying every word in that book!
    Bless my lovely cousin who recommended it for me. ^^
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    John Dies at the End by David Wong
  • HoneyFrogger
    HoneyFrogger Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just Finished Horns which was a was decent read, extremely believable villain I thought gave me the creeps anyway.
  • ChevronTheRat
    Options
    I generally listen to books, I'm listening to the Manticore, by Robertson Davies.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm reading An Assembly Such as This by Pamela Arden. It's a trilogy of three books that tell Pride and Prejudice from Mr. Darcy's point of view. I love it!
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm reading a Harry Potter fanfiction: Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness, and it's fantastic! It tells the last year in Hogwarts from the view of the students who remained there and fought from the inside. It made me laugh and cry already and I'm only 200 pages in!
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin.

8830689.png
  • Watson_20
    Watson_20 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "11/22/63" by Stephen King, I love it so far, I've read 336 pages so far. Also I'm reading "Double Feature" by Owen King, I've read 152 pages so far, it's okay, it seems to me that the story skips around to me, but it's an okay read, when I read more of the book I might like it more beside it being okay at 152 pages into the book.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm almost finished Michael Connelly's latest Harry Bosch novel 'The Burn Room' as with the previous books in the series very easy to pick up and get straight in to it, Harry is da man!!
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    I am reading Thin Air which is book 6 in Ann Cleeves 'Shetland' series, good crime novels these.
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Smirnoff65 wrote: »
    I am reading Thin Air which is book 6 in Ann Cleeves 'Shetland' series, good crime novels these.

Thanks for alerting me to it! I love the Shetland series! I cried so hard at the end of #4...but it seems as if there's new hope :smile:

Dumbledore's Army was amazing, I'm on the second part now.

• Smirnoff65
    Options
    oORosadaOo wrote: »
    Smirnoff65 wrote: »

Thanks for alerting me to it! I love the Shetland series! I cried so hard at the end of #4...but it seems as if there's new hope :smile:
    Was very sad, Jimmy Perez is a very likeable character and you really felt his sorrow.

Ann Cleeves 'Vera' series is very good too if you haven't tried them, love the TV series too with Vera being played by the fantastic Brenda Blethyn
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've picked up the book "Younger next Year for women". I usually only read fantasy/science fiction. I'm really enjoying this book though. Would definitely recommend it.