Replies

• tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Has the Punishment been posted yet?
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hope you like it, tj1376! We are on night #3 and after all my recent work, it actually doesn't seem to bad. On a day I'm not doing other workouts, I could definitely do multiple rounds to get a good sweat on.

tracymayo1:
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    Week 8 Challenge

Advanced:
    Complete a minimum of 160 minutes cardio and 95 minutes of strength training of your choice. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain, stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

Intermediate:
    Complete 150 minutes of cardio and 85 minutes of strength training of your choice. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain: stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

Beginner:
    Complete 140 minutes of cardio and 75 minutes of strength training. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain: stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

All Players
    To honour poor Beth and the loss the group feels, do one of her boot camp videos from the first two weeks and remember how brave she was.

http://youtu.be/FhXhOwlY2Ck

http://youtu.be/4APrCMWxrjY

Then to honour Robert Kirkman (the big meanie,) do 36 Birthday Burpees for him at some point this week.

punishment was not posted yet, but we didn't win,so you can pick any of the past ones (bring sally up, anyone?!). :smiley:
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This week, I have extra, and if anyone needs any minutes, I can donate up to 67 mins of cardio and 23 min of strength. Just claim it in your post and credit me (I already posted to the scoreboard with a note that beginners can take my extras). I'm paying it forward, since I had two very kind donations last week from others!

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Look at me posting early, lol. I have minutes to share as well. Let me know if you need them. I'll post to the scoreboard after the kids go to bed- I haven't done the burpees yet. As a matter of fact, I've never done a single burpee in my life. So this should be comical. Thankfully my husband is headed out tonight so he won't be here to laugh at me.
  • brightsideofpink
    Options
    Oh I suppose it would be helpful if I said how many extra minutes I have: 85 extra cardio and 20 extra strength.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks @ julebg79, can I have 4 of your strength minutes? I'll include it in my post.

I barely got the minimums in - my 2nd grandbaby arrived yesterday and we've been up at the hospital.
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So sad there is no Walking Dead tonight! :'( Thought to myself no reporting I'll just skip today >:) ... But then o:) this little voice said you are only hurting yourself! So I pulled out my T25 and fit in a quick workout :D
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed getting to know all of you and reading about your journeys! Such inspiring stories! I am really looking forward to the next round and hope everyone will come back when we start again in early February. Merry Christmas!

• CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    Really enjoyed getting to know all of you and reading about your journeys! Such inspiring stories! I am really looking forward to the next round and hope everyone will come back when we start again in early February. Merry Christmas!

Thank you, Cindy, for organizing and running this challenge. It was exactly what I needed to get back on track, and I learned a lot. I really, really appreciate all your hard work and look forward to doing it again in February. Have a great holiday season!

Oh, and thanks to whomever first suggested Bring Sally Up. Just so I can stay in shape until the next challenge, I'll sacrifice and keep doing that workout. You know, so I don't let my teammates down. ;-)
  • brightsideofpink
    Options
    This has been a lot of fun! We even had a few team wins and some good scores! Did I see someone one week get 500+ minutes of cardio??!! Go you!

Not a huge deal, but I'm not sure if the MVPs for this week are correct or transposed with last week. We didn't get a lot of people who posted on the scoreboard this week, but if one of them is the mvp, they may want to have the fun resurrection power for next part of the season :)
  • brightsideofpink
    Options
    Also wanted to say that I've learned a lot from this challenge. I was all cardio before starting here. I now dedicate at least 15 minutes a day to strength training. I was tempted to drop it this morning at the gym because the challenge was over, but I did it anyway. My plan is to hit all minutes for mid-challenge (week 4 or 5) going forward. I may skip the punishments though, lol.
  • hummerjl
    hummerjl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi team... *hangs head* Sorry I was MIA the last few weeks. I hope I can start fresh next year when the show starts back up!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Any ideas when the new challenge will start?
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    MsTiffamee wrote: »
    Any ideas when the new challenge will start?

I am wondering the same. I definitely need the motivation to get going again!!!
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think she said she would do the charater pick thing and stuff again starting 1 week before the season comes back.

So this sunday...
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I'll get everything up again this evening sometime and message everyone the links tomorrow and post the info here as well. ☺
  • DucMouse
    Options
    YYYAAAAAA I'm ready to get back at it!
  • DucMouse
    Options
    So then nothing yet? do we get to choose new characters? is it the same as before are is it a new plan?
  • Onoiam50
    Onoiam50 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Was wondering the same thing....
  • brightsideofpink
    Options
    For those of you still looking for it, I had to search to find the new group. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103014-walking-dead-fitness-challenge-feb-2015 Come on over :)