Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yum. And well done, it didn't even crack! I agree that cheesecake at least tends to be filling.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    stackhsc wrote: »
    Salted Caramel and pecan chocolate cheese cake.... all from scratch (cake, caramel, crushed pecans) last night for my father's birthday today. I'm a little scared that I calced it out to be around 8400 calories though lol

That looks incredible! Yum!
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

Good lord, man...do you have a recipe for the caramel sauce? I need to make that.

By memory,1 cup sugar in a sauce pan with 1 table spoon of water.
    On medium heat until the sugar melts/becomes liquid and starts to boil.
    Boil on medium heat until it turns amber / caramel colored.
    Immediately add 4 tablespoons of butter and mix in well.
    Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of heavy cream (whipping cream)
    Mix well and allow to cool to room temperature

I've made it twice,one time went perfectly. This last time after I put the cream in it clumped up and I put it back on low heat while I stirred the lumps in. They slowly melted in and it turned out ok. I think a lower heat for melting the sugar but taking a little bit more time works better that a higher heat for shorter time.

It would be amazing on ice cream too ;)
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh,and it was delicious lol, even though I skimped all day to make room for it, it was totally worth it lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I am so going to make that! Although I've never made anything candy/caramel related from scratch so I'm a bit worried I'll F it up. But I think the lure of homemade caramel sauce is too strong.

I've done it three times. The only time it came out badly I didn't let it cook long enough. Make sure you get that really deep amber color before you take it off. It should be darker than you want the finished sauce to be, because the cream will dilute it.

And don't let it pop on you. I got a second degree burn the first time I did it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    That cheesecake is beautiful! I want...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    stackhsc wrote: »
    dwiclknmrijp.jpg
    pkor2kxuj3po.jpg
    muvp5kfv2jxa.jpg
    h6rxl0ms0kmb.jpg
    Salted Caramel and pecan chocolate cheese cake.... all from scratch (cake, caramel, crushed pecans) last night for my father's birthday today. I'm a little scared that I calced it out to be around 8400 calories though lol

Those look amazing! We've been light on pics and baking around here for a while. Thanks to our new member for reminding us what this group is all about!

• WinoGelato
    Options
    This was my dessert tonight. Not as much smoke flavor as I had hoped but still tasty....e7y36ogmydou.jpg
    fl8l7bg5cm3h.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Does anyone have just an awesome knockout cupcake recipe to share? I've been wanting to do another test kitchen weekend and on the agenda so far are lemon angel food and cookie dough stuffed chocolate. I'd love to have one other idea to try out.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    YOU GUYS...
    The radio just told me that in February, there are going to be a limited edition of Oreos in Red Velvet flavour. The icing is going to be cream cheese flavoured! I literally made a sort of "hhhhnnngh" noise when I heard the news. I had to tell someone and I figured you all would appreciate it.
    Does anyone have just an awesome knockout cupcake recipe to share? I've been wanting to do another test kitchen weekend and on the agenda so far are lemon angel food and cookie dough stuffed chocolate. I'd love to have one other idea to try out.

Man, I wish I had an awesome cupcake recipe. All the ones I've made so far have been kinda blah.

I have some really good ones. I just want something new.

I've got really good recipes for chocolate, vanilla (technically it's southern butter cake), carrot, hummingbird, gingerbread, caramel, and red velvet. If you want any of those I'm happy to share.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    YOU GUYS...
    The radio just told me that in February, there are going to be a limited edition of Oreos in Red Velvet flavour. The icing is going to be cream cheese flavoured! I literally made a sort of "hhhhnnngh" noise when I heard the news. I had to tell someone and I figured you all would appreciate it.

Man, I wish I had an awesome cupcake recipe. All the ones I've made so far have been kinda blah.

I have some really good ones. I just want something new.

I've got really good recipes for chocolate, vanilla (technically it's southern butter cake), carrot, hummingbird, gingerbread, caramel, and red velvet. If you want any of those I'm happy to share.

You probably aren't going to love this suggestion because I know this flavor isn't your favorite but if its for your budding business I think you should try to capitalize on the pumpkin craze so you're ready for next fall....

Second suggestion, coconut cupcakes. Can make variations like pina colada with rum and lime, coconut meringue, coconut cream, or a Mounds knockoff with chocolate ganache icing...

What I don't have are good recipes for either...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hummingbird cake is a southern specialty. It's a cinnamon batter with pineapple, toasted pecans, and banana. Usually you do a cream cheese icing.

I was kinda hoping someone had something tried and true. I've got a ton of ideas on my pinterest board but none of them sound good to me right now so I can't pick one. I do plan to do pumpkin for next fall, but I'll probably start working on that recipe in the summer sometime.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I decided to try a marshmallow filled s'more cupcake recipe. I'll let ya'll know how they turn out.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I decided to try a marshmallow filled s'more cupcake recipe. I'll let ya'll know how they turn out.

Sounds yummy.