Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I made it! Glad to see you all here!

Thanks very much for the movie trailer Marcie. It sounds great! I love the actors involved. BTW, is there a list anywhere of former NM names to MFP names? I seem to remember there being one?

Sheryl, I can't believe your parents have been married for 65 yrs! Congrats and God's blessings to them!

I sent Granny an e-mail today. I hope she replies. Thanks Sheryl, I finally got it to go thru.

Dan and I are having some wood repair done on our home. When they are done with repairing/replacing wood on the patio covers and front awning (for lack of a better word) we will have them do some stucco repair. We were really surprised this time at just how difficult it was to find a contractor we felt good about. We finally hired the sixth company we interviewed called RB painting. They actually spent some time checking out the house and measuring, etc. They seem like a good honest company that knows what they are doing.

A woman at my curves gym has season tickets at the local performing arts center and she had a show that she can’t attend so she gave me the tickets. The show is tonight at 8pm. It is a former member of the young rascals (a group from the mid-1960s). One of their most famous songs is “Good Lovin’”. Do you remember them? I’m really excited about it, especially since it was free! (for those of you who don't know - my husband has been out of work for about 6 mos now).

Well, I'm going to go start dinner now so we'll have plenty of time to eat and get ready for the show.

Sleep well all!

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Isabella, here's the Who's who here post.

Here's a video of the Young Rascals...

• tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ok Jannie but I like Hawk. Mainly because you have to watch those 2 boys like a hawk, they are getting old and those girls will be starting to come around. Just saying....

JC, I hope that you and HP will still be doing your birthday shout outs here to those of us who are in your LBBook.

Debora, Anew, Greasysgal, Marcie, Sheryl and eveyone else I hope you had a awesome day. :D
  • tlspindor
    Options
    What I meant to say Jannie is the boys are growing up and getting older. Duh!!!!
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    Hi, got done what I wanted today and didn't have to push. We got up to 60 today which was nice. Hubby came home tonight and put his clothes directly into the washer. They were loading honey (nickname for manure) and something went wrong and there was a minor explosion and he couldn't move fast enough. Glad that doesn't happen every day. Getting the logging format figured out. Need to look at my NM logs to see why I'm so far from meeting my iron now. Used to not have any problem with it. I get a few less calories here but doing okay with that. Oh yeah, it's not a good idea to forget about a bag of apples - several had to be tossed. Yuck.

JC, neat that you can check your heart rate. I still haven't connected my fitbit with MFP. We may have started Jan. 10 but we have more time to chat now that we're not trying to save things from NM. Sad but reality.

Pam, is MapMyWalk just short walks or are there long ones. Elaine was looking for another long one to do. Hope you enjoyed the artwork.

Sheryl, food shows are fun. I'll have to look for that. If you've been sleeping in, your body is telling you that's what it needs. So many have their hair come back in differently. Our interim pastor's wife was still wearing her wig cause her hair came in gray. Thanks for pointing out greasysgal - I agree that it's important to try and do names right. I try and do that with my 4- and Good News Club kids and sometimes there's one or two that give me trouble.
    Happy Anniversary to your parents. 65 years - that's commitment.

Marcie, your dad is so disciplined, he shouldn't have any trouble losing the pounds. He gets a lot of walking in. Funny on the guy having to leave MFP. Glad he was willing to do it. With Cisco "smelling", you'll be more willing to head off to work on Monday. Did you do food ahead last weekend too so your meals were a cinch all week?

Anewstart, not fun when you lose your whole comment. Right now, I'm writing in a word document and then will copy and paste it.

Sheryl, glad you made it over to Facebook. I do more reading than commenting there too. Smart not to take the rooster. I had a bad experience with one once. Not my favorite animal.
    Sounds good on Leslie - I usually do 2 miles and do it on the days I don't walk with my friend. Today would have been one of those days and I talked myself out of it. So let me know. Competition spurs me on. Granny has never responded to my email. I just hope she's okay. I really miss her.

Isabella, glad you found some good workers. Jim and Lori took two or three tries to get someone to work on their old place. I don't know what it's costing but I like the people they have and they do good work (and are keeping me from having to clean or paint). Cool on getting some free tickets.

Maybe since I'm not in a hurry, I'll see how to use the fitbit while sleeping. I did get over 4000 steps today so feel good about that. Have a great Sunday.
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Tammy--I knew what you meant! In a little over 2 weeks they will be turning 13 and 15 :( 2 teenagers, how will I survive this?

I found that if you go to reports, it will let you pick a nutrient and show you on a graph how you have been doing. You all might have known this but I was excited to track my stuff especially net calories! Has a nice bar graph and does 7 days, 30 days and 90 days (I think that's right).

I will be working a 24 hour shift tomorrow so I may be here a lot or not at all just depends how busy we are. Have a great Sunday--suppose to rain all day here :(
  • greasysgal
    greasysgal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What a perfect day today (almost
  • greasysgal
    Options
    What a perfect day ...almost. Got to watch 2 of my 3 favorite sports ...,tennis & skating all day.

sanferris, back when i met my husband 30 years ago (thats a story in itself) his co workers called him Greasy. I call him Grease.....sounds better to me. But years ago, when we all got computers & started emailing, i picked : greasysgal for my email address. Even though i have to explain & spell it every time i don't want to change it......I am 'greasysgal'!
  • isyvanek
    Options
    Good morning all!

Thanks tons for the great video Marcie! The show was fantastic last night! Best show we've seen there yet. The songs were all feel good songs and the band was awesome! We even got to talk to them after the show.

I got a response from Granny. She said she just isn't up to joining a new group. I'm going to try to send her a snap shot of this group to see if that will help. Maybe that will change if/when she feels better.

Well, I have to get ready for church. I'll try to check in later.
  • isyvanek
    Options
    Marcie, I forgot to also thank you for the list of names. :)
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.
    I also got a response from Granny, she is really down, sounds like full blown depression, but I doubt she'll seek treatment for it. She told me she's not going to spend any more money for her supplements because they were suppose to keep her healthy and they let her down this past year. She also had Mike cancel her gym membership and she's not going to put forth any effort to keep in shape. She blames having her teeth pulled for the downfall, which is probably true, that was very traumatic and a long adjustment period that still isn't over. I pray that given more time, and if her teeth do get adjusted and fit properly, she'll be able to bounce back.

I made egg muffins yesterday for late breakfast/early lunch. John never wants to eat when he gets up, so it's been a long time since I've fixed breakfast at breakfast time. Marcie, I needed your silicon muffin pans, even though I have non-stick pans and I sprayed them with olive oil, four muffins stuck. I'll probably microwave the ones left for today's breakfast. Our neighbor's go out to breakfast a lot and I heard them pull their truck out this morning. I love to go out to breakfast, but too lazy to get the car out. ha ha ha Not really, it's John who doesn't like to go out, so we eat at home 99.99% of the time.

Every time I open this NM Family page, I think of Christmas...good memories. The blue and green bubbles remind me of ornaments. When I was in junior high school, we had a white artificial Christmas tree and decorated it exclusively with blue and green ornaments. We had just remodeled the living room and got new furniture and everything was blue and green. Funny how this page brought me back to being 12-14 years old.

Greasysgal, that's the story I had envisioned, Someday, I'd love to hear the story of how you got together. My story is long and involved too, short version is we worked together for a year and a half before I even realized John was interested in me and he tells it that my first night on the job, when he talked to me on the phone, he knew I was the one. Took him all that time to get me to come around...I was a real dunce.

I better get going, the animals are wondering if they will ever get fed today.
  • greasysgal
    Options
    Just out of curiosity did anyone hear from doughman on NM before it closed ? Would love yo know how he's doing.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    He was having personal issues and left NM early last year.
  • mygnsac
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Well, I have today and tomorrow left on my staycation. Went by too fast, but I sure have enjoyed it. I did really well all week on not giving in to the temptation of checking my work emails, but gave in last night. Nearly 300 emails! I waded through most of them, so I wont have to deal with that when I go back to work on Tuesday.

As planned, I didnt do much yesterday. Went out to lunch and then got my grocery shopping done. Never got around to my weekly cooking or the laundry, so doing that today. Tomorrow I will give the house a good cleaning.

My "this dog smells campaign" worked yesterday. Dad got tired of hearing it and set up the appointment for the groomers next week. He says he doesnt think Cisco is smelly. I told him his smeller is broken then! He hasnt been to the groomers in nearly 2 months and he is due.

Looks like Carole_100 (losingit2) has given up on MFP. She said on the NM Family Facebook page that she logged for 1 day and doesnt like it. She'll look elsewhere. I'm sorry to see her go, but it is what it is. I wished she had given it more time.

Sheryl, thanks for the update on Granny. I'm going to stop leaving messages for her on her Facebook page. If she is in depression, I hope her family will be there for her, and that she can fall back on her faith.

Isabella, Im glad you enjoyed the concert! I'll bet it was fun. You're welcome on the list of names. I'll update the list when anyone else joins or leaves the group.

Greasysgal, now that you've explained the origins of your screen name, it makes so much sense!

Sheryl, I'm glad the banner in this group reminds you of Christmas! It was a wallpaper on my Ipad and it reminded me of NM (green for go for green, blue for drink your water, and bubbles for the cells in our bodies that we are nourishing).

Jannie, a 24 hour workshift! Ugh! I'm guessing you work in the health profession.

Debora, the "honey" explosion doesn't sound fun at all! Yuck! The only food ahead I did last weekend was hardboiled eggs, a pot of pink beans, and I made some more mixed sprouts. I ate lots of fruit and veggies during my week off, and a lot of those beans.

Tammy, I love your profile pic. What a sweet face on that dog!

Anew, I know the feeling of losing a long post! I save often now.

About time for lunch. I think I'm going to make myself a big ol' turkey salad.

Have a great day everyone! :)

• Pam_Ray
    Options
    Hi all!

MapMyWalk is just an app, you turn it on and walk as far as you want to walk. It shows elevations among other things.

I have my FitBit on and it automatically sets to 10,000 steps.
  • tlspindor
    Options
    Thanks Marcie, that is my Buddy Dog, we had him for 15 years and had to put him down 3 years ago. He is still in my heart and I still get teary eye when I think of him to long. :'( He was the sweetest dog I have ever had, he loved to give kisses and hugs. I'm still looking for another dog but the hubby isn't really ready to get one.
    We have a neighbors dog that comes to the house and he loves to plays so I play with him. His name is Diesel and he is doing a pretty good job at filling that void but still not the same.

Jannie, already teenagers, bless your <3 they can be a handful. Pretty soon the oldest one is going to be taking drivers training and wanting to get his licenses.

Thanks for the up date on Granny all. The PBSWC just isn't quiet the same without her and Elaine regularly. Elaine to get the coffee pot ready and Granny to turn it on for all of us to enjoy.

Hubby has headed back out of town for work this week so I'm home alone, which I do like at times. I think I'm going to soak some beans for dinner tomorrow night, I'll see you all later.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Shame on me...I'm finally able to do all my own cooking and what do I do today? Throw a frozen pizza in the oven. Boy, have I gotten lazy!

I'm inundated with emails regarding Facebook, but at least this time, I know the names and I want to be friends. That's what scared me off the last time, woke up to two dozen emails and I only knew 3 of the people requesting, so I un-joined.
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Marcie--yes, I drive 112 miles and then wait for a transport call to send us out to pick up a sick baby or child. When we don't go it's boring as all get out and if we go somewhere it is at least 5 hour ordeal. It lets me have a much better schedule for the boys so I like it for that reason. I would love to not do it but for now it's ok!

Makes me sad about Carole, I find this so easy to use. NO it's not NM but since I've got the NM knowledge this is fine for me. I looked at Cronometer but it was so busy and involved that I didn't open an account. Oh well, everyone has to find a place that works for them.

Praying for Granny and hoping that she decides to try MFP or at least FB.

Have a great rest of your Sunday!
  • isyvanek
    Options
    Wow Sheryl, I'm REALLY concerned about Granny now. I had no idea she quit everything. Even the gym. It is so very upsetting. We will definitely have to keep her in our prayers.

I agree, too bad about Carole. Maybe she'll still come post once in a while.

Sheryl, when I make any type of muffins now I use cupcake papers so my pans (stainless steel) come out pretty clean. I got rid of the silicone pans I had after only a couple of uses because they were too flexible and because I was uncomfortable about what might be leaching into my food.

Hi Debora, Jan, Marcie, Pam, Tammy, Greasysgal, anew and anyone else I may have missed. Hope you all had a wonderful day.

I am off to see if I can figure out how to give myself a profile pic. Then watch TV with hubby before bed. Sleep well all.
  • mygnsac
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Isabella, love the new profile pic!

Sheryl, the silicone pans are food grade and I feel they are safe up to the maximum temp allowed. If you pull on opposite side of the pan when loading in the oven, they stay rigid, or you can put them on a cookie sheet and add a few more minutes to the cook time. I dont like the paper cups with egg muffins. They dont brown enough on the sides for me.