Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• izalac
    izalac Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I actually ran a 5k before, but with minimal training, bad time and it wasn't easy. Due to being sick I quit exercising a few months later in January.

Well, I'm back now. There's a race in June that I intend on finishing, and beating my old time.

W1D1 done today. It was quite pleasant.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    due to knee pain.

Sounds like you're overstriding. Ease your pace an shorten your stride.

Thanks for the input ... I'll be sure to pay extra attention to my stride and pace when I try Week4.2 again hopefully tomorrow.

My knee starts hurting when it's time for new shoes. Have you been fitted for good running shoes?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. that was an odd one. Wanted to do some bodyweight training after work today but was stuck in traffic. Thus running after dinner. Which went somewhat wrong.
    W2D2 5 minutes warmup, 90 seconds running... then stopped because the gps from my app was not working well from the beginning and I got 500m too much. Stopped after one round, about 800m.
    Then 5 minutes warmup (didn't want to make another training plan), 7x90 seconds running, 6x120 seconds walking. Brought me straight back to my front door after 3.28km
  • imfree2bme
    imfree2bme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Today i started c25k..W1D1 .... Good news! i didn't die. It wasn't easy but, it wasn't horrible I did start my running pace faster than i should of but, i slowed it down.

I've run 5ks before but not really since i hurt my ankle and had the whole boot thing with months of rehab. So it has me nervous but, i'm going to "try" and not go crazy like i normally do and end up sore and in pain. It was nice to move around and it put me in a better mood for the majority of my day. Hoping i stick to this, i would like to run a race in a two months. I know i could probably do one in a month and want to kill myself through the entire 5k and finish. However, I want to do it and not just barely finish it. hope that makes since.

Thanks for listening to me :)
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    2 mile walk while kids rode their bikes.
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    due to knee pain.

Sounds like you're overstriding. Ease your pace an shorten your stride.

Thanks for the input ... I'll be sure to pay extra attention to my stride and pace when I try Week4.2 again hopefully tomorrow.

My knee starts hurting when it's time for new shoes. Have you been fitted for good running shoes?

Great reminder. I got shoes about 2 months ago (before I started C25k) but not from a running store...though I did get 'assistance' from one of the associates. There actually is a very reputable running store in my area. Think I need to pay them a visit.
  • constellation709
    constellation709 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    W3D2 - did it!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    W8D3 done. I should finish the program this week! I'm not up to a full 5k yet but I can run the full 30 minutes non-stop! For me that's a little over 2 miles.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    W3d2 done! Did it outside again and it was a little bit easier than last time :)
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Walked tonight while kids rode their bikes shins are hurting this week from getting back into running.
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    W8D2 today!! Almost done!!!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    W8D3 done. I should finish the program this week! I'm not up to a full 5k yet but I can run the full 30 minutes non-stop! For me that's a little over 2 miles.

Well done. Very few can run the full 5K in that time, so you could spend some time consolidating, or you could go onto Bridge to 10K training and that'll improve your distance and pace quite quickly.
  • yirara
    Options
    Yesterday I went to the gym as ever. Instead of walking the 310m I ran. Very slowly, mind you. But I ran and managed to get there. First time ever in my life that I ran 300m without stopping. Week 3 should work out. (W2D3 planned for today).
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Done with W8D2. I was able to run outside twice last week and was able to run 3k non stop both times, but I have yet to hit that on the treadmill (best I've done is 2.5 miles non-stop). I always thought running on the treadmill would be easier, but boy was I wrong! I was pleasantly surprised by how much easier it is to run outside. My splits were even faster outside than on the treadmill! I can't wait for the warmer weather coming this week to WI so I can run outside again!

If your treadmill is measuring in miles then 2.5 miles = 4.02 km, you are all ready at 80% of the 5 km goal. :D Some people do better on the treadmill, some do better outside.
    I love the real world running, the sight lines, the variety of terrain. I did my longest run in January on a cold -20C day, a little over 9 km during my lunch hour. It was fantastic. I usually overheat in the summer so I love the fall and spring.
  • nala3177
    nala3177 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today is week 5 day 2 and planning on going outside for the first time this year....finally nice enough for me to get outside a few times a week instead of being in the treadmill. Actually looking forward to it instead of being scared of out my mind at the thought of going 8 minutes straight 2 times!
  • yirara
    Options
    Today was W2D3. I managed to do 7 90 seconds intervals with 7 120 seconds walking intervals. And I ran 400m at the end, which took something like 4 minutes. Did move 4.17km today and realized that the magic 5k are 6 rounds around the place I live. Perfect. Week3, here I come.
  • nala3177
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!! I did week 5 day 2! Not only did I do both jogging intervals but the second one I did and extra minute because I app didn't tell me it was time to cool down. I am so beyond excited! Oh and I also did it outside for the first time this year! Whoooo!!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    W3d2 done! Did it outside again and it was a little bit easier than last time :)
    Damn it, I messed up and did W4D1 instead of W3D3. No wonder it was difficult! :D
    Anyway, the weather was perfect and I had a great run!
  • nala3177
    Options
    Damn it, I messed up and did W4D1 instead of W3D3. No wonder it was difficult! :D
    Anyway, the weather was perfect and I had a great run!

That's awesome! Great work!

• Aine8046
    Options
    nala3177 wrote: »
    I DID IT!!!!! I did week 5 day 2! Not only did I do both jogging intervals but the second one I did and extra minute because I app didn't tell me it was time to cool down. I am so beyond excited! Oh and I also did it outside for the first time this year! Whoooo!!
    Great! Do you see the difference between the treadmill and running outside?