Daily check in

Options

Replies

• blantondwb
    blantondwb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Going to start on Monday
    CreekGal wrote: »
    So glad I found you people in here.! I am on round 1 day 5 and since I'm currently so out of shape I am on the highest bracket of containers and I am having trouble eating all the food. I have not eaten every container since I started and I feel like all I do is eat... Any suggestions for that? Oh and I think the dvds are trying to kill me (jk) but I do find them extremely hard even modified. So I will keep pushing on to push the scale down; as I have 100 pounds to lose! Does anyone else have that much to lose?
    xoveronica wrote: »
    I'm on week 3 day 17. My scale moved the first week and now it's back up. The inches keep decreasing but my weight isn't moving. Thoughts? I had a two bad days the previous week so I'm not sure if that could be a contributing factor.
    I'm on week 3 day 17. My scale moved the first week and now it's back up. The inches keep decreasing but my weight isn't moving. Thoughts? I had a two bad days the previous week so I'm not sure if that could be a contributing factor.

• blantondwb
    blantondwb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Inches are better proof then pounds! You are building additional muscle there for your not seeing a change on the scale! Your additional muscle will burn additional calories daily and soon you will see the scale move also!
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @xoveronica no words of wisdom here, all I can say is ME TOO. I really don't understand how or why the scale isn't budging!! But my clothes are much looser...I had to switch belts this morning because even going down 2 notches wasn't enough, I was out of holes. So it's working but HOW CAN I WEIGHT THE SAME? At some point the weight has to catch up, right? I mean I can't, for example, drop 2 sizes and stay the same weight, it just doesn't add up. Patience, that's what I keep telling myself!!
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    PS Considering buying the 3 Day Refresh and see if that kicks the weight loss into high gear. A few people I know have used it and dropped a few pounds over the 3 days and the pounds stayed off (they went right back into the regular plan). Might do this after my trip next week.
  • rbfl86
    rbfl86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started my first round yesterday. So today was day 2 and i'm excited about day 3! This mornings workout wasn't as hard as yesterdays, I enjoyed the first 15 minutes and made it through the last 15 :smiley: The meal planning is definitely new for me but i've found that it has some added benefits, i'm keeping my kitchen cleaner because i'm in there washing out containers and switching out meals, so while things are cooking, i'm cleaning. The exercise is having the same effect on my living room, gotta keep that space clear and clean! All in all i'm feeling good about this program. Feeling really motivated to reach my goal!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @xoveronica & @jpkreuger What @blantondwb said is spot on. Inches are a better means of measurement. That's why taking before/after pics and measurements (beyond the scale!) makes a huge difference. Plus, you can lose inches and not pounds very easily. I use this analogy all of the time. A pound of feathers weighs exactly the same as a pound of iron. However, you can fit 1 lb of iron in your hand and a pound of feathers will fill a room. The feathers = fat and the iron = muscle. One lb of muscle weighs exactly the same as one pound of fat but it takes up a lot less room!

@rbfl86 LOL! I love that this program is not only resulting in cleaner eating but also in cleaner living space!

Day 16 Round 2

Upper Body Fix was great. I am so ready for heavier weights but I promised myself I would wait until I started Round 3. (Okay. So maybe I used my "heavier" weight when I did one of the exercises. Don't judge me!) I'm still only able to do push-outs (not even modified push-ups) but I have to believe that someday I'll be on the floor doing a full body push-up. Today was not that day, obviously.

PiYo Buns was pretty good as well. I am surprised I was able to get through it. I missed a few steps along the way and got confused a bit. (I confuse easily.) After watching the workout yesterday, I kinda knew what to expect but really didn't know how (or if) I would make it through. Full disclosure: Holly wanted to outside and I did have to stop and take her out. (Rob tried to get up out of bed and dressed fast enough but he didn't make it and when she has to go we have to get her out because we're still trying to housebreak her.)

And yesterday I did 10 Minute Fix for Abs so . . .

I asked my husband, "Is the P90 ab routine like the Power 90 ab routine?" He sort of ambiguously said, "Yeah. It's like it. You know, not bad." I figured I would mix things up a bit and do the P90 A abs routine and see how it went. And when I was done, because he was up thanks to Holly's lousy timing, I walked into the living room and called him out for the liar he is. It is not even close to Power 90. It's harder. So much harder! Very much harder! Ugh!

But I did it. Yep. That's right. I sure did. And I'll probably regret feel it tomorrow but, for now, I'm patting myself on the back. Or I would be, anyway, if my arms weren't sore from 21DF Upper Fix.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Yesterday was Day 1 for me, and it kicked my fat little bootie! I had issues sleeping because my muscles were so exhausted and I just know how sore I am going to be. Thankfully today is upper fix, because my legs can barely move. Food prep this morning made me wonder how on earth I am ever going to eat all of this food!!! Good luck everyone!!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    @xoveronica Keep pushing through - I track my weight daily and it goes up and down during the week. It happens to all of us
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    @SatiaRenee - You mean the P90X ab ripperX? That is the BEST (or worst LOL) ab workout ever! Once upon a time I could almost get through it - I won't even attempt it again for a while
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 No. My husband is starting off with P90. He's not ready for P90X yet. I know I'm not after doing the 10 minutes of P90.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Day 9, upper body fix ✔️4obzz4uhsf2e.jpg
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    did not know that photo was going to be so damn big. lol.
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The scale finally moved!! Lost the pound I gained plus an additional ounce. Every ounce counts right? LOL! Did upper fix this morning. I did every exercise without modifying except I do girl pushups. I have tendonitis in my shin so I'd rather exert the energy on planks than pushups. I also held each plank for the full time. Used the heavier weights when specified and think I might move up to 10lbs next round on some. So I'm definitely improving! Got my lunch ready to cook up after I do Cardio Fix. Have to spend my evening at my workbench making sugar flowers so all activity needs to get done before dinner.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @michellmybelll Woohoo! Great pic! Yeah. I don't know why MFP can't make picture sharing a little less in your face. LOL!

@cupcake570 Every ounce definitely counts. I knew the scale would catch up with all the hard work you're doing eventually. My next round starts next week and I'll be changing out my weights as well. Not for Monday's Total Body Cardio Fix (I've already made a note not to add more weight on that day just yet) but I think I'm more than ready for it with Upper/Lower Body Fix.
  • aryat1979
    aryat1979 Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello all! Yesterday was Day 1 for me, and it kicked my fat little bootie! I had issues sleeping because my muscles were so exhausted and I just know how sore I am going to be. Thankfully today is upper fix, because my legs can barely move. Food prep this morning made me wonder how on earth I am ever going to eat all of this food!!! Good luck everyone!!

OMG!! Yesterday was Day 1 - Round 1 for me and today I'm SO SORE!! Thank God for Upper Fix today cause I barely can go up and down the stairs. Lol. Keep up the great work, Amber!!
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @aryat1979 I felt the same way just hours after the day 1 workout and on day 2 I could barely move. But keep up with the workouts because they do help with the soreness. I was able to kayak for 2 hours that saturday and not feel any butt pain lol
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    aryat1979 wrote: »

OMG!! Yesterday was Day 1 - Round 1 for me and today I'm SO SORE!! Thank God for Upper Fix today cause I barely can go up and down the stairs. Lol. Keep up the great work, Amber!!

just wait for lower fix! :astonished:
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am on round 1, week 2, will be doing day 2 today...supposed to be arms. I was sore all week last week and still this week! I may have to mix it up some this week because I have to skip 3 days of the workouts due to other things going on in my schedule. I may just double up on some days....

anyways - i really like the workouts so far but they are tough! I really like Autumn as a trainer too. She isn't as annoying as some of the other ones.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Really struggling tonight. It was so hard to push play. Good thing for my husband. But now I'm hungry and I don't really have any containers left. Probably green - as my dinner recipe was messed up and I don't think I used enough veggies. But I don't have a lot of appitizing veggies laying around. Ugh!
  • cindip63
    cindip63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @amberh82 you and I are on the same schedule, this is round 1, week 2, day 2 for me too :) did the upper fix today. I agree, the workouts are great & for 30 minutes Autumn works us out good! I've stuck to the program but I'm really itching for something sweet...other than fruit. I bought the ingredients to make the chocolate chip, coconut, applesauce, oatmeal, cinnamon cookies. But of course, I forgot to buy the applesauce, I hate when that happens but I'm going to try them out this weekend.