Daily check in

Options

Replies

• wrightchoices
    wrightchoices Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same schedule round 1 day 10 as cindip63 and dkwi04...I'm hanging in there! I motivated be the rest of this group! I have a big event this weekend and I need to be strong.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    R2 D17

Lower Body Fix was great. I wasn't sure how well I would do after yesterday's Buns workout in PiYo but I managed to push through. I am surprising myself every day. And I am very ready for the heavier weights! During the sumo squats, I was holding my heavy weights up with my arms like goalposts! Next week, I'll be starting Round 3 and increasing my weights.

Because today's PiYo workout was Core, I didn't do 10 Mins Abs Fix. I had originally planned on doing it M-W-F this week but I want to see how I feel. If I feel I'm up to it later, then I'll go ahead and do it. But I didn't want to exhaust my muscles before doing PiYo, especially since some of Chalene's moves are done standing and require more balance than I have.

BTW, I think I need some new yoga pants. I'll be back later to catch up on everyone else's progress. I have a beautiful dog looking at me, wanting me to do things that do not involve my typing on my laptop.

t8hbt9p1etk6.jpg
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @aryat1979 Yesterday in PiYo, the workout was Buns. Today in 21DF, it was Lower Body Fix. Tomorrow, PiYo is Define: Lower Body. I'm scared for my legs!!! But I find that if I just push play, the soreness often goes away because the movement pumps blood into the sore muscles and they end up feeling better. :)

@Amberh82 Like you, I don't find Autumn annoying. (Don't tell my husband but I do find Tony Horton annoying. My husband's doing P90 now and I might consider joining him, using a PiYo/P90 hybrid but I don't think I could ever face Tony Horton every day.) :*

@dkwi04 When I am still hungry and I have no containers left, I reach for broth or tea. If I want something savory, I have broth; sweet, a tisane. I figure, if almond milk doesn't count, then neither does a cup of broth or herbal tea. LOL! :p

@wrightchoices What's the big event? Just curious. I have 2 "events" coming up--my anniversary and Mother's Day. I'm hoping to survive both without gaining as much as I did on my birthday. :/

• lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm on round 1 day 3. I'm finding that I have sore muscles I didn't even know I had! I'm not new to lifting weights & working out, but man! I'm surprised at how tough these workouts are! The containers are actually much easier to use than I thought they would be. I started "officially" on Monday, but was starting to follow the container plan and keeping with my regular workouts for a few days. So far I'm down 3" overall and 2.5#! I can't believe it! I'm struggling right now to go do Lower Fix, especially after some of the things you guys wrote about it! I'm so sore the thought of working out actually hurts, lol!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    1uaci78lea2n.jpg
  • nables73
    nables73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 10 also - did lower fix this morning and was feeling a little ambitious so I thought I'd try 10 min ab fix. That was insane! Wow, I had a real difficult time keeping up!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I must be odd, I'm fairly certain lower fix is my favorite :-).

• Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    ok, so yesterday I ended up doing cardio fix instead of arms because I didn't eat the best yesterday. today, I have an off day because I have book club after work. I'll be back in the swing tomorrow and hopefully won't miss anymore workouts this week. since I do have to miss 1 workout, I may skip legs.. ONLY because almost all the other workouts work out the legs pretty good...so.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just finished Lower Fix & I have to say that I loved it! It actually restored my energy and now I feel amazing!
  • xoveronica
    xoveronica Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your help and motivation!! I soooo apreciate it!!! I will keep plugging away
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a great day today. My food was on point but I didn't get in my workout. I had a migraine...still do but not as bad...so I was too nauseous to exercise. I still had to do my work but was a bit slower than usual so I got behind. It's 1:30 am and I'm just now getting to bed. Hoping tomorrow (today actually) is better.
  • wrightchoices
    wrightchoices Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    SantiaRenee I'm planning a Mother's Retreat, there is a wine tasting, dancing and a fun craft. Of course, we have food dessert and more wine!!! I want to remain focus and not slip to my bad habits - eating because it's there!!!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @wrightchoices Ahh makes sense. Won't be easy. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I got nothing, as they say.

Morning Workout

Can you believe I was actually looking forward to Pilates Fix this morning? The thought of exercising without shoes (because I refuse to wear them during Pilates, sorry) was so motivating. And I stuck with my plan to only do 9 reps on the side series. Ugh. Not easy still but less painful than before. I surprised myself this morning and held the elbow plank for the full minute!!! Yaaaaay! NSV for me!

PiYo was Lower Body. Yes, three days of lower body workouts (PiYo Buns/Lower Body Fix/PiYo Define Lower Body) in a row. I didn't sweat much during 21 Day Fix but was pouring sweat during PiYo. Ugh. I really need to get some sweatbands or something for my forehead because sometimes reaching down and landing in a puddle of sweat is, at the best unpleasant, and, at the worst, slippery.

Ended my morning workout with 21DF Abs Fix. I realized this morning that I have several 10 minute ab workouts.
    • 21 Day Fix Abs Fix (duh)
    • P90 Abs
    • Power 90 Abs
    • 10 Minute Trainer Abs
    • Pilates 10 Minutes Solutions
    I figure I can rotate these DVDs throughout the week, skipping any day that I do PiYo Core and then allowing myself one abs rest day.

See? I'm not a total glutton for punishment. Not really.

@dkwi04 I don't especially love the Lower Body workout because my knees won't let me sink very deeply into any of the exercises and, as a result, although I sweat I don't feel like I'm really working hard enough. I'm pretty sure it's all in my head and my measurements this week will either confirm or refute my feelings but I don't get the same level of soreness from it that I expect from a lower body workout as a result. I wish I could go lower but then I also wish to avoid ever getting knee surgery.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Today is day 4 and I am down a lb which is exciting... 20 more to go! Haha... Last night I was so sore that I could not possibly do lower fix for I opted for some yoga to get me stretched out and ready to move. What do you guys do when you are so sore you can't even sit on the toilet, let alone work out?
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Amber, I found that if you just push play and go you warm up and it's not so bad.
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    Day 11, Pilates fix ✔️ AND a 5.8 mile run ✔️✔️ :happy:
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    @nables73 I haven't tried the 10 min abs yet. I'll have to give it a go one of these days though! ☺️
  • cupcake570
    Options
    Feeling much better today. Headache is just about gone. Scale was up .4 but it's that time of the month so I'm a bit bloated. I switched up the exercise schedule and did TBCF first and I'll do Pilates later. Really felt it in my abs today, which is where I need alot of work so that's a good thing!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Day 4 for me. And ugh, being a woman sucks at times. I'm up a whole pound today
  • cupcake570
    Options
    @dkwi04 it does suck. Sweet cravings are in full force and I'm sitting here decorating 2 doz communion cookies.