Daily check in

Options

Replies

• mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm doubling up workouts this week. I did the 21DF - Total Body Cardio Fix this morning and will do the Pilates Fix tonight! I'm loving this program and plan to start round 2 on June 1st.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    @walkdmc - I hear Beachbody is great about replacing DVD's - Call them and give it a try. That would really annoy me.

@SatiaRenee - I am jealous of your morning. I wish I didn't have to work, because I would already have done my workout! I hate that I can't get out of bed in the morning :( Knowing I have that to go home to stinks. Oh and thank you!!! for sending me the squash beef stew recipe, I packed that for my husbands lunch today and he just texted me (apparently he ate early) "Lunch was good! The broth was great and it was spiced right" :) I have been so much better with my spices :) and he is enjoying it
  • mrsewert
    Options
    Mmmm beef stew recipe....someone care to share?!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    It is in the recipe thread
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I bought them through Amazon but BB was the seller. I will call them. I wanted to stay mad but Autumn and her workouts are so good. What a great workout, Cardio Fix!
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! i'm starting round two today. RD2/D1 - i already "over ate", but i'm plowing through. i'll get to do total body tonight after the kids go to bed. very excited to get going. i've calculated that i can do 2 rounds before vacation. bring it on!!!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Doodle, my eating is off too. I'm getting hungrier as the days go on, despite a generous allowance of 1800cal/day. Are you going to try to stick to the plan, or just do your own thing? I'm thinking of doing mostly Autumn's plan with some modification. After all, I'm not participating in a bikini contest, lol.

I've been eating 1/3 protein, 1/3 fat, 1/3 carbs and I'm tired. Maybe ill bump up my carbs.
  • doodlebug32
    Options
    @walkdmc - I'm totally planning on sticking with the containers, but I'm also a really bad stress eater, so sometimes I eat way too much during the work day. Made this awesome Thai salad that had 6 servings, and i ate FOUR of them just today. It's my Bain.

But I'm not going to use that as an excuse to "start tomorrow", I'm just going to keep today as day one and deal with it.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Did Total Cardio Fix plus two 30 Day Shred workouts
  • doodlebug32
    Options
    ^^great job!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 Don't be jealous of my morning. I wish I had a job so I didn't have so much free time. Believe me. A steady income would be a lot more fun than spending most of my day trying to find a job.

I'm glad your husband liked the recipe. It was definitely a winner for me and mine. :)
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Cardio fix done!

And I'm starting to get sick. Stupid scratchy throat. I hope it's nothing - but in preparation for getting sick I decided now was the time to push myself....so I decided to try out Plyo fix extreme after my cardio fix. Ouchy! But it was fun and I'm glad I did it :-). Makes me look forward to starting the extreme in a couple weeks.

Now I'm off to clean up and go to bed, gotta rest up in hopes I can keep the sickness away
  • mrsewert
    Options
    I had my sons Cub Scout award ceremony tonight and would have loved to come home and just vegged but instead I pushed PLAY on the evenings workout Pilates Fix. :)
  • doodlebug32
    Options
    @mrsewert - great job!

Day one done. I didn't do well in the food department, but i pushed play. I'm going to hurt tomorrow! :)
  • mrsewert
    Options
    @doodlebug32 How do you feel today??
  • doodlebug32
    Options
    Great thank you! I weighed myself this morning and i'm heading in the right direction :) doing better with eating this morning, and hoping to keep it going for the rest of the day. I have to do my workout on my lunch break (working from home today) because I'm flying out for business this evening after dinner.

I'm going to have to do lower fix with no weights tomorrow because I'll be in a hotel room :( oh well.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Do you have a resistance band?
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @doodlebug32 From personal experience, you can absolutely get a solid workout using no weights. Just focus on the muscle groups you're working. For instance, in the sumo squats with the shoulder lift, you just want to bring the elbows high enough and back a bit so you really feel the move in your shoulders. It's amazing what an isometric squeeze can do towards overall conditioning!

Morning Workout

21 Day Fix Upper Fix
    For Round 3 I have increased my weights to 5 & 8 lbs but hadn't made it through an entire workout using the 8 lbs. Surprise! I was able to do it today. Now if only I could do pushups! I tend to just do push-outs because, to be fair, I am also doing PiYo and Chalene LOOOOOOVES tricep pushups so I try not to burn myself out on pushups in 21DF so I still have a little left over for PiYo.

PiYo Sweat
    Definitely doing better on most of the workout but still not keeping up on the . . . you guessed it . . . pushups. I will, someday, on my knees and maybe someday on my toes. For now, I'm progressing slooooowly and that's okay.
  • doodlebug32
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder @dkwi04 ! ! I DO have a resistance band! Totally packing it now :)

RD2/D2: in the month since I did round 1, I forgot how much I love this program. I think I'm going g to do the two rounds before vacation, and then order extreme. I just have to remember to take it one day at a time, one pound at a time.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Did upper fix today. I've been slacking on the doubling up lately but I started PiYo sculpt right after! I only got half way through it before baby woke up from her nap though. Husband is back on nights tonight so will be easier to get an evening workout in without him here, hehe.