Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Megan, just wanted to extend my condolences on the loss of your mom. Grief can be so overwhelming and I am glad you are reaching out here and also to a counsellor. Sending you love and hugs as you walk through this difficult time. Please stay in touch!

Jen and Aalice, it's great to hear your medical victories!

Cindy - congrats on the anniversary!

Karen - I understand your frustration. What a difficult situation - you are working so hard, and not getting the results you want and should expect! Also, just so you know, not all of us are dropping weight every week! I think people are shy about posting when they don't have good results. So, I'll buck the trend: I've been gaining weight more often than losing the past two, overall I'm up about 6 lbs from my lowest weight in February, and this week I gained 0.7 lb. so - you are NOT alone!

Since you are tracking all your food and exercising, it does sound like it would be worth it to talk to a nutritionist or a doctor about why you are not losing weight. If you haven't already, they may want to test thyroid function, check you for sleep apnea (which can promote weight gain by disrupting the body's metabolism) and other possible medical causes. They should also review your medications since some medications work against weight loss.

It's so easy to get discouraged so at times like this I try to remember that eating healthy and exercising have other benefits besides weight loss. Even if you are not losing weight, you are relieving stress on your organs and improving circulation and building muscle and increasing agility.

Sending love to everyone with hopes for a healthy and healing week,
    Barb

• MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your encouragement. I missed you guys!

Liz, yay for almost being done with the kitchen. You guys have put it done work.

Hang in there Karen. Barb has given done great advice. You should talk to a nutritionist. Do you know if you've lost any inches? Are your clothes fitting differently?

Congrats on the celebration and getting some shuteye Cindy!

I've made it through the weekend without any bingeing or partaking in my binge foods. I'm going to continue this for another week. I'll slowly add them back when I feel strong enough.
  • barlovo
    Options
    Hi QT congrats on staying away from your binge foods!
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Way to go Barb even when you are sick!

QT- I'm impressed with your strength to say no to the binge! Thanks for the compliment about my boys.

Cindy- Happy Anniversary! I pray your tests go well. I did cry at James' graduation. "Pomp and Circumstance" always gets me. When I cried it was a mixture of pride, happiness, and sadness. I'm really going to lose it when we take him to college this fall; and we leave our firstborn on his own! :'( As parents, we raise our children to grow up and become productive adults; but you get to this point and you want to offer that they can just live in the basement! "You don't have to go!" ;)

Karen- I will pray for your decision. I have contemplated gastric sleeve surgery. It is not a decision to be made lightly or rapidly.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the prayers and condolences....Wednesday is the funeral ....been going thru mom's house with my sister ...that has been tough and emotional ...I am drained so I am off to bed
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Sending prayers and comforting thoughts to you Megan.
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    Thank you very much QT...greatly appreciated
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello my Lovely LOST Ladies~
    Well I had good news and bad news at the Drs appointment. The good news is she was very pleased with my weight loss...my sugar, my cholesterol, my liver and kidney functions were all great....but my white cell counts is even higher than before by over 400 so it's back to an oncologist I go. Nothing definitive but I have 2 new appointments set up in July now...one on my birthday...just what everyone wants for their birthday right...to be poked and prodded....oh well! We will wait n see. That's the name of the barn we board my daughters horse...wait n see...maybe that's a good sign.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all as always! Megan you especially right now!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I have 2 new appointments set up in July now...one on my birthday...

Prayers, thoughts and hugs that your birthday in July is happy and your health is shown to be amazing!
    Marcella
  • barlovo
    Options
    Megan - sending hugs as you walk through this difficult time

Cindy- so glad your Drs are being vigilant. Tests are scary but whatever is happening is already happening. The important thing is to figure out the cause. I'm also in long term monitoring following cancer treatment and I know how hard this is. We're here for you whatever the results may be.

My small victory: at an event last night I was given a plate of food with a brownie on it. And....

I didn't eat the brownie!!!

Sending love to all
    Barb
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs Megan. So glad that you have professional support at this time. My prayers and thoughts go out to you.

Cindy, that is great news about the good numbers. I am sure they will find out what is happening soon for the other stuff. Sorry that it has to happen on your birthday but I guess they gave you the first available date. I hope that you are managing to catch up on your sleep. Sending love and courage to you.

Jen, how is the Super Mom doing? You have a very find family of boys and you must be so proud right now. In terms of exercise, I know how frustrating it is to take it easy but you won't regret it, because you will be stronger once you have fully recovered. Hugs to you my friend.

QT! You are doing an amazing job. Keep it up! Many more binge free days to you.

Karen, so sorry that you are battling but the meds could definitely be a factor. I am sending prayers that you will find an alternative solution to the bypass, unless it really is the only thing that can help you get back on track. I hope your girlfriend is stabilising in terms of her bipolar and that the Taming of The Polar Bears helps. Brad is very, pleased with my progress in that regards.

Noodle Doodle! I see you are still swimming strongly. How is it working out with the personal trainer?

Barbs! Well done, that is a fantastic achievement!

Marcelle and Liz! How doth your gardens grow? Marcelle, yours must be looking quite pretty now. Do you have fruit and veggies and can you send us some photos? Liz, have you finished redecorating yet?

EM! I haven't seen you for a while and hope you are doing well too? You came into the community at a time when it went very quite, so I do hope you pop in from time to time

Me? I'm finding it difficult to get back into gear and will have to use some of my own recent NLP training on myself to shift again. I've discovered that I am fearful of reinjuring myself and because it is winter, I am also adding the excuse of not wanting to get changed in the frigid air. I am totally sedentary and have started to skip meals again ;-(

I know I will do what is right - I've come too far to go back. I've passed the half way mark and in a couple of months I will fit into all of my "normal" clothes. I think all I would need to lose is 6 more kg's for that (half of my remaining kilos.) I can fit into my scuba gear but it's winter so I won't dive until August - by then, I won't be afraid anymore... what a strange thing fear is!

Anyway, sending cargo ships of healing and courage to everyone that needs it. I do hope I didn't forget anyone. Hugs :D
  • barlovo
    Options
    Progress not perfection update
    For the first time on a business trip I have logged all my food
    For restaurant meals I had to do a lot of guessing but it's the awareness that matters
    And wow I blew through my target!
    Baby steps .....
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Way to go Barb!!! :)
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've decided to intuitive eat for one week and see what happens. I'm eating a lot more. I'm thinking this may not work. I'm desperate to try anything.

I saw a Nutritionist last year that wanted me on 1300 calories. She said I shouldn't be hungry on that but I was starving and sick and light headed. I think she was nuts!

Thyroid is fine. I use a CPAP every night.
    I do have PCOS, leptin resistance and metabolic syndrome.

I hope everyone is keeping to their program. Prayers for you Cindy with your tests.

Good job Barb on logging while traveling and not eating that brownie.
    Thank you Alice as I really don't want to have gastric bypass surgery I want to feel good about doing this all on my own.

Saying hello to QT, smarty pants , Luz and any one else I missed.

Jhaugan, I don't want to have weight loss surgery so please pray I figure out how to get this weight off. Thanks for your prayers.

• MdwstQT
    Options
    Congrats Barb! Way to go with making changes when you travel bone day at a time n

Cindy you are kicking boo-tay with bringing your numbers down. The docs will get to the bottom of things.

Karen hang in there!

Alice you will find your mojo soon.

Still binge and binge food free
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the hugs, prayers and thoughts .....yesterday was the funeral ....It was beautiful...I didn't realize how many people she knew ...R.I.P Mom I love you .........still going thru her house ...I adopted her 10 week old german shepherd (male) I already have a female 6 years old ...glad I drove to Arizona instead of flying ....will be driving home on Saturday....I hope everyone is doing well
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!!! (((Hugs))) to all!!! I hope all you ladies have an awesome weekend. I am sending happy thought and positive energy to everyone. Have a great weekend!!! B)
  • EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone,
    Sorry it's been a bit, I have a tendency to get very busy at work and when I am at home the last thing I want to do is be on a computer or a phone, so I have trouble consistently checking in here. I do log every day. Great job Barb for logging while on travel and restaurants are so very hard to track. Alice nice to see you and glad you stopped in to say hello... MS, you will enjoy that new puppy and it will bring much joy and comfort. Drive home safely... Mystic nice to see you. Karen don't give up, you will figure it out just give it time. Cindy I hope you are catching up on your sleep

Have a great weekend everyone! The weather where I am is expected to be hot and humid.. BRING ON THE SUMMER YEAH....
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my lovely LOST Ladies~
    I have been crazy busy but am thinking of you all! I'm hoping to get some sleep today!

Karen~ I hope you find your way my friend! I looked in to the lap band surgery at one time...at least it's less invasive and can be temporary.

Liz~ How are you doing? Did you get all your projects done so you can enjoy your garden?

Em~ Nice to see you!

Barb~ I hope your feeling better!

Megan~ Safe travel home! Hope you enjoy your new puppy!!!

MdwstQT~ So glad you are you doing so well!!! I've missed you!!!

aalice~ I hope all is well with you my friend!!!! I miss you!!!

Jen~ How are you doing? I hope you are still doing well and are being KIND to yourself!

Have FAB_U_LOSS weekend my friends!!!

good
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Cindy fell asleep on the keyboard :D:D:D

Hi Ladies! It's 6 months almost to the day since I started on MLP and it took only a couple of weeks to revert back to most of my bad habits. There are several major differences though:

1. I know now that when my body is aching all over, that I am exhausted and that my brain seems to have been fried, it is because I do not have enough fuel or water in my body and has nothing to do with depression.
    2. I'm actually generally 10 x more energised than when Is started the journey (probably because I've lost a 1/3 of my weight since I began)
    3. I know exactly what I can eat without having to measure anymore and I don't feel sick if I do go over
    4. I'm scared to train or do exercise!!! But I will actually ask one of my colleagues that I am training with to help me to get over that hurdle this week. It's a psychological blockage, not a physical one.

I'll try to drop by twice a week. The break was very good because I become obsessive about the numbers.

It's winter for me, so much less fresh fruit and it's flipping cold. (Nothing like your winters, but still!)

Thanks MD, EM and Cindy for your kind words.

Megan, I do hope you are safe.

Jen, how are you coping?

Karen any news?

Liz, well done! That is amazing! And you too Barbs!

And I think our champion at the moment is Noodle, who is consistent in her training and logging in and everything. Very focussed lady :D

Hugs to everyone. I miss you too Cindy.