Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Karen - congrats!!! That is huge!! I also used to need help w foot care because of my back injury and weight. Every little self sufficiency is like getting a part of myself back.
    -
    Cindy I hope your knee is feeling better.

I had a great day yesterday - good day at work, good workout, and stayed within my calories without feeling hungry. Wow!! That doesn't happen often..,

Hope you all have a great day.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! B)
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Julia!!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    This has not been a good week for me. I am frustrated with myself. Stress has had the upper hand this week and I have made poor choices in dealing with it. Eating and worrying are not good coping skills. I have not had a cigarette in 10 days and I will not lie, I miss them. I need to drag myself through this and get back in the saddle and do what I need to do.

It looks like we will be closing on the house on the 10th. While exciting, I just feel overwhelmed. I keep reminding myself that this is the last time we have to move, the girls know the drill and are a huge help, and once it is done, it is done. Mark will be home to sign paperwork but will be on the road when we move. After a decade of being a truckers wife, I am used to doing what needs to be done and making it look easy while he is gone. I know that my mood and outlook sets the tone for the rest of the family, if I am positive and upbeat, it will carry over to Mark and the kids and make the transition easier.

Right now, I don't feel very positive and upbeat. I do not want to gain any weight, I have worked too hard to lose 55 pounds. But I know I have gained weight this week. I also know I need to be kind to myself, which has been hard. The no nonsense part of me keeps telling the wimpy part of me to suck it up buttercup, what don't kill you, makes you strong.

I am hoping that by writing this rant and getting it down on "paper" I can see my thoughts in an organized way and be accountable for them. Doing it publicly, I am hoping it will keep me accountable on the right path.

You ladies are so awesomely supportive and right now I could use a little encouragement and some tips to help get me through. Thanks in advance.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    suck it up buttercup
    You've given me a new saying!
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Sounds like you're a strong woman that knows what needs to be done. If I had anything to add, it would be to stay focused on the goals for your move and for your health and to continue to update your MFP friends so that we can continue to be your cheerleaders through this. I sometimes use my time on MFP as my break/distraction. Maybe think about the little things that can be quick, enjoyable timeouts from the current realities. (cup of tea, bubble bath, phone call with a friend). Hang in there --- one step at the time.
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Praying for strength & peace for you as you move. I've moved numerous times when my husband was in school & during his ministry. It sucks! :p Do take care of you!
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    I wanted to share! My first "official" weigh-in and drumroll please!!! ;) I lost 4.3lbs! I'm sooo excited! :D
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    jhaugen445 wrote: »
    I wanted to share! My first "official" weigh-in and drumroll please!!! ;) I lost 4.3lbs! I'm sooo excited! :D

That's awesome!!!
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello my Lovely LOST Ladies~
    Thank you all for your well wishes about my knee. It actually has me quite perplexed...it does not hurt to walk on it or seem to restrict my movements at all but it awakens me with pain when I sleep and hurts to put pressure on it or kneel. My hubby has a Dr apt. On April 22... We have the same Dr so I will check with her then to see if she thinks I should have it checked out!

I have an NSV I just have to share with you all! Kyli and I have been going to the gym together all week...sometimes her friends come with us as well....we went today (Friday) and she pooped out before me!!!! I did an extra half hour on the treadmill and I RAN for part of it...I completed a mile in under 15 minutes and I feel GREAT about it! I out lastedmy teen age daughter! Not too shabby considering I have 30 years on her and a good 60 lbs! I also have to say how proud I a of her...she has been so encouraging and supportive and in turn she has lost 10 lbs!!!

Liz~I'm so sorry you are having such a stressful time. They say moving is in the top 5 most stressful events of life...I know that doesn't help at all does it. My only advise is to take it one hour at a time if that's what it takes and don't be afraid to delegate! You sound like you've got it well under control other than being kind to yourself! Check in whenever you can and allow us to be your kind support if you need to! (((((((((((((((((((LIZ)))))))))))))))))

Jhaugen~ AWESOME 1st weigh in...you should be soooooo proud!!!

Karen~ I think you have been doing pretty awesome???nice logging! How are you doing at being kind to yourself my friend?

MdwstQT~ how are you doing my friend? I hope life is being kind to you and you are getting back into that great frame of mind!

Barb~ how goes the gym time. Are you still showing those guys up?

For rest of my MIA LOST friends...I miss you! If you are popping on please say hi!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS week end my friends!!!
  • barlovo
    Options
    Hi mystic Liz
    Thanks so much for posting about your move and the stress of it all. For me , part of the key to successful weight loss is just knowing that there will be "off" weeks when I'm not sticking to my plan either from internal or external reasons or both. I try to pay attention to what I'm still doing right and know that I have the tools I need to get back on course.

This is a marathon not a sprint! Be kind to yourself . Persistence not perfection!!

Hang in there! Moves are crazy but they do come to an end.
  • barlovo
    Options
    Jhaugen: great results!! What do you think is worKing?
  • barlovo
    Options
    Hi all
    Short gym update: I made it to the gym allow three times this week. On weds I had some nice encounters with a couple of the guys and it was nice to feel some comraderie. Today I had my monthly session with my trainer and I told her about the problems is had with some guys hogging the machines. She taught me some alternative exercises so I can complete my workout even if the machines are full. Also she stepped up my abs program.

thanks for the encouragement everyone! It's my body and no one but me can stand up for it and take care of it !
  • barlovo
    Options
    Cindy congrats on the nsv! I'm glad your talking to your doc about your knee. Let us know what you find out.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Jen, Good job, you are 4 pounds closer to your goal! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Julia, Taking a little break was just what I needed. I curled up with a cup of tea and a gardening catalog. I know I won't be able to plant much this year, but it was fun to look and plan. There are so many lovely fruits and asparagus that I would like to get started. I think that will be one of my go to stress relievers. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Cindy, I hope the Dr. can give you some idea why your knee hurts when it does. I suppose if you have to have pain, it is better at rest than when your knee is baring your weight. Good for you going above and beyond at the gym. Doesn't it feel nice to have the stamina to out do your daughter. You are doing an awesome job! Delegate? What is that lol. You know sometimes I get my superwoman cape on and think I can and need to do it all. That is when I get into trouble setting unrealistic goals for myself. I will work on not over doing or over thinking it.

Barb, Way to go meeting your baby step goal of the gym 3x this week! It is nice that the PT gave you some alternate exercises if you can't work in. I love your focus and will power to stay on track. Persistence not perfection!! - I need to remember this, I so often try for perfection and so often it isn't obtainable. Also being kind to myself and being ok with what I can do. One day at a time and staying as close to the track as I can until I can get back on it.

Karen, Awesome job on getting some exercise it and coming in under on your food diary! Way to go!

To all you ladies, I hope you all have nice weather and a lovely weekend!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies.

Just popping in very quickly to say hi and also how much I admire your tenacity and commitment to stay on track even when things are not fantastic.

Barb, you are so courageous in so many ways and you really are committed to get to the end of your journey.

Liz, I know all about moving and being the one to orchestra everything that it entails, including registration for new schools and changes of postal address. It is not just the big things that are tiring, it is all the other little things that go with the move. At least you mentioned this would be the last one. In terms of perfection... all is perfect the moment that there is slightest win... looser clothes, more agility, easier breathing, longer duration of exercise time etc. I've really learned to appreciate the NSV's and the small wins... you're doing an excellent job, give the superwoman cape a little time out maybe? Big hugs to you in the meantime.

Julia, you are on a roll. You've found what is working for you! Well done!

Jen, that is a fantastic start... keep it up!

Karen, I know how happy you must be. Well done! Keep going!

Cindy, I can just imagine the glee... outpacing your daughter. You must be feeling absolutely fabulous.

Noodle, Agnes, QT and MS_Smartypants I see you sometimes on the other side, keep going strong! Missing you and the other ladies.

Big hugs to everyone and wishing you all a fabulous week :smiley:
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    Thank you for the congrats!
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    Barb- great job at staying consistent with the gym. As far as what has worked for me: I've really tried to take charge of my night eating. I'm trying not to eat a whole day's calories in the evening. Working on eating only when I'm truly hungry. As it has been said persistence not perfection.

• jhaugen445
    Options
    Cindy- great job at outlasting your daughter! That had to feel fantastic! I love to play basketball with my boys. I guard the fastest one. The time flys and it doesn't even feel like exercise! I will pray that your knee feels better soon or that the doctor can help.
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Cindy; Way to go outlasting your daughter. You make me want to move more just thinking of you kicking it on that treadmill.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Alice, How is the foot doing? I know it is still early days, but have you noticed any improvement? I think it is those 1001 things that bug me most of all. Thankfully we made sure to stay in the same school district. I know by the first week of May we will be unpacked and settled. It is just getting from here to there. I just need to be mindful and not undue the work that I have done. I've missed seeing you (((Hugs)))<3