Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Karen, Your kitchen time looks like it has been really productive. You are turning out some amazing dishes. I will see what I can find on You Tube.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Barlovo - Sending strength and courage to support you during this incredibly painful time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy - I hope you are feeling a wee bit better today and that you had an awesome time celebrating your daughters birthday.

Sending truck loads of hugs to you and Barlovo.

Liz - I enjoyed doing the chair workouts that I found on youtube, even if I improvised (because they were not fast enough for me). Do you have the boxing, tennis or golf games on wii? I have never sweated so much than when doing those. I asked my kids were the wii consoles were because it looks like I'll also be returning to playing those games (I banned myself from them because I would injure myself!). May be you could swim - swimming is awesome because it burns tons of calories but it is low impact?

Julia - well done on your achievements this week! I know there will come a time when I will also have to go and get a food scale. I didn't realise how little 100g of yoghurt was until I bought one of those 6 pack ones!

Karen, Noodle, MD, Nekrebel and the rest of you lovely ladies, just saying a quick hi and mentioning that we miss you.
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I gained weight again this week so my food diary today is back on track. I just hope restricting so much isn't setting myself up for a binge. I do need to stop making upside down cupcakes LOL

Barlovo, I'm sorry to hear all you are going through. Sounds like you are being gentle with yourself and know the only thing that will help is time, such a simple statement but as we all have lost loved ones that's the only thing that seems to help. Keep taking care of yourself. My heart and prayers go out to you and the families of the loved ones.

Hi Alice :) Thanks for your post

Liz; I injured myself too like Alice said just doing chair exercises, I guess that's why I haven't been doing much exercise lately. I need to get back to it. If you find something else that sparks your interest in exercising please share it with us :)

Cindy, I hope you are taking care of you and are liking your hair a bit more these days.

Nk, Noodle, MD, everyone else; Hoping you are all doing well. Let's keep our heads up and encourage the discouraged.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    I had a great week end with my family (it was much needed)! I got very little exercise in ad did a lot of eating...although according to my logging not as bad as I expected!I do expect a gain this week though :'(
    Thank you all so much for your warm wishes, kind words and support over this past week! I have felt like such a basket case and so NOT LIKE MYSELF! You have all made it so much better to deal with and I feel like food wise I stayed on track better than I normally would have. So from the bottom of my heart....THANK YOU <3o:)

Barb~ I truly feel petty and silly for my week seeing what you have been going through! Bless your heart! My warmest hugs and prayers to you my friend! I am so glad that you have continued to take good care of yourself throughout!

Liz~ Have you tried any of those youtube videos? They have a great variety. Both for ability levels and for variety in keeping from getting bored! I have been surprised at some of the exercises that I've found do-able modifications for. Have you tried any Zumba or dance videos? You can pick up some of the older ones like Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies pretty cheap on Amazon. If yo pick up one ever two weeks or once a month...you will buildup a variety library before you know it!

aaliceinw~ I hope you re getting some pain relief with your ankle! And are not missing out on too much!

Karen~Wow all that cooking! Good for you! That is one place I need to get better with again..prepping and planning! You are a GREAT inspiration!

Julia, NEKrebel, Megan, Noodle, MdwstQT....I hope all is well!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!! And thank for all your wonderful support!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    (*) ... and a Good Monday Morning to you, Cindy, and everyone. Last week was excellent. Logging, eating, exercising and food choices were back on track. I was rewarded Sunday morning with an excellent weight-in.

What I have discovered over the past few weeks (and especially yesterday), is that by eating so very little processed foods, my body's response to the occasional, processed, high sodium item is greatly exaggerated for me. On the few occasions that I eat a slice or two of pizza or I enjoy an order of hot wings (wings were yesterday), within a few hours, I can literally feel the water in my body sucked up and I absolutely can't get enough to drink. On an up note, it is helping me to crave completely different things now, because those items are no longer that enjoyable. And now, today, I know that I will be making quite a few trips to the bathroom as my body starts to release all of the water that it was holding onto yesterday because of the extra sodium! Fun times! :o
  • mysticlizard
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Julia, I notice after my weekly Chipotle meal that I retain a lot of water from the sodium too. When I was pregnant with Golden we knew we were going to have one more child quickly. As soon as I had Golden I redid the bathroom because I spent so much time in there and I knew it would be the same for the next pregnancy. So my wish for you is that you have lovely walls to look at ;)

Cindy, I am glad you had a nice weekend with the family. Way to go on the weight! It sounds like you made more mindful choices without thinking about it. :) I do have a collection of Richard Simmons that I will pull out from time to time, I enjoy him (disconnecting the Wii to connect the DVD, not so much). I have been looking at what You Tube has to offer. I think I would like to try belly dancing. Also Jillian Michaels (sp) I read some where that she never smiles. Some times I get unreasonably annoyed when skinny girls smile through a workout that is killing me. :#

Barb - You are in my thoughts and prayers. Way to go, getting back into it and making it to the gym three times last week. I miss you! <3

Karen - Look at you getting all wild with those chair exercises! :p Do try to be more careful. <3

Alice - Try not to over do it with your busy work week. <3

Noodle - You are tearing it up with your swimming. Congrats on the awesome weight loss. You inspire me to do better. :D

QT, NE, Ms. S and everyone else - Hi!!! :)

I hope everyone has an awesome week!!!!!

Edited - The M key on my keyboard doesn't always work.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Lol Liz. You are too funny.
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    ((((HELLO))))

I've been MIA on the board. Just going through an emotional roller coaster, mixed with fear and self sabotage. Good news is I'm off the coaster and I didn't reverse what I've done. Gained .1lbs but I'm moving forward.

Now let me go catch up on what I've missed.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hey QT! It is great to see you!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    I hope you all had a lovely ST Patty's Day!!!
    I had a rather hectic one but nothing tragic lol! I am making my boiled dinner a day late due to crazy schedule changes at the last minute! But I still managed to get my 10,000 steps in today!!!

Julia~ SO glad you were rewarded with a good weigh in…sometimes that validation helps keep us going! It’s funny how when we pay attention to our bodies…we learn so many things that we have ignored for such a long time! I have notice similar reactions to processed foods!

Liz~ You crack me up…I get annoyed at that too! Why do you smile while torturing me???? LOL I hope you find something that makes it fun! Have you tried Zumba? My daughter and I actually really enjoy that!

MdwstQT~ So glad to see your lovely face! I have missed you! I’m glad you are getting off that roller coaster…I am trying to also!

Aaliceinw~ I hope your ankle is feeling better!!!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!! <3

• barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi QT great to see you!

Cindy congrats on the steps!!
  • aaliceinw
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My ankle is doing much better today Cindy. Thank you!
    My diet is doing pretty awfully! It's so easy for me not to eat but at least now I am miserable when I don't eat all day, so I guess that is progress!

Sulking!!

Because I actually can't really exercise.
    I am losing weight but not for the right reasons!
    And feel like a cheat because it's only a fractured ankle so I should be able to deal with hopping around my kitchen to cook food properly...okay! I'm stopping there before I go into a full blown rant!

Remember to have fun this week ladies!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    I made a long post and now it's gone. It was a daily menu help. I thought I posted it here ?
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies~

Barb~ Thank you! I am shooting for 10,000 every day this week! How are you doing? I am very impressed with your gym motivation!!!

Aaliceinw~ So sorry you are struggling with your ankle! It's particularly hard when you were just doing so well getting into a routine!! ((((((((((((((((((aaliceinw))))))))))))))))))))))! Be kind to yourself while you heal my friend!!!

Karen~ There was a post in Baby steps....could it be what you are looking for?

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!! <3
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Thanks Cindy. How are you doing?
    What I love about this community is that we can be human. Happy, sad, excited, disappointed, compassionate, angry... You name it, we can be it all and then just move on... Because tomorrow is another day
  • FindingCindy721
    edited March 2015
    Options
    WOW What a day! My body is going to HATE me in the morning! LOL But I feel great right now!
    Kyli and I did a fast paced round of card deck calisthenics! We did squats, push ups, sit ups and toe touches! I feel very invigorated right now but I think tomorrow my body is going to SCREAM, "What the &^% were you thinking? You're OLD & FAT!!" LOL

aaliceinw~ I sent you a PM about the Biggest Loser Group. I am well, thank you! I hope your ankle isn't giving you too many issues! Remember this is about taking care of ourselves and that includes resting and allowing ourselves to heal! I agree...this group is AWESOME! I feel very BLESSED to have you all to share all the things that others may not understand! After all...we are HUMAN!

I hope the rest of you ladies are having a FAB_U_LOSS week! It's awfully quiet in here!!!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    The week has gone well so far. I'm enjoying the better weather in my area right now!

Cindy - Hope you were able to move this morning without too much pain. Great job!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all got through your week all right. I am sending happy thoughts to everyone for an awesome weekend! B)
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi! :D My name is Jen. I'm a SAHM to four beautiful boys, 18, 16, and ID twins 13. I have struggled with being overweight most of my life. With commitment and the support of people like me, I will lose my weight. I'd like to lose 110+lbs. I loved the post about wanting to tuck in your shirt and see your feet again. I'm pretty sure mine are still there but I would love to see them! ;) Thank you for letting me journey with you!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Welcome Jen. You've come to the right place for support, motivation, ideas and tips. We look forward to journeying with you and can't wait to hear your tips n tricks too :wink: