Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I had a VERY BAD day...things just came crashing down for me...I hadn't eaten in about 19 hrs...and I just gave up for a bit! Ate completely crappy...pizza and bread sticks...did not go over cals but nothing nutritional all day! NOT happy with myself! I will be working out hard core tomorrow! For tonight I am going to curl up on the couch and watch a movie with my family. i will reflect and regroup my motivation tomorrow!

Barlovo~ So glad you had a minute to pop in and let us know you are doing OK! You and your family continue to be in my prayers! Glad you have such a great support system! We are here when ever you get the chance to pop in! ((((((((((((((BARB))))))))))))))))))) (That;s my Mom's name too)

Liz~ Glad you enjoyed the birthday party! I will be learning the same lesson again for the millionth time tomorrow!

aalicenw~ o sorry to hear about your ankle! Did they say how long you will need to stay off it? I hope it doesn't hurt too much. Since you will have company tomorrow...I hope they will be a big help to you and allow you to keep your foot up and recuperate! Take care my friend...warm hugs to you from freeing cold New Hampshire!

Julia~ Glad you popped in...how are you doing?

Have a FAB_U_LOSS night my friends!!!

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Barb - You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. How thoughtful of you and your wife to take fresh vegies and fruit for all to share. So often food choices are so limited in such situations when strength and stamina are so needed. It is another type of food for the soul nourishing folks with fresh goodness. Hang in there and just keep on doing what you can. <3

For the last two months, I have been walking around my kitchen for 30 minutes a day. It was warm enough here today 43 that Mark, I and the girls took a 30 minute walk outside. It was lovely. But I have to say, there are no hills in my kitchen. :p

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend with as nice weather as we are having. B)
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've had a pretty low key weekend. Still hanging in there Alice. One day at a time.

Good idea Cindy, just relax and regroup tomorrow. Those days will happen but it's important to regroup and keep going.

Still sending love to you and your family Barlovo.

Gonna go on a walk at noon.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy - I hope today is a better day for you. We all have those days, don't beat yourself up. <3

Hey QT B) I hope you have an awesome walk!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    OK I think I am done beating myself up and I'm ready to keep rocking this part of my life. The other will have to take it's course and work it's way out somehow!
    Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement! You ladies are the BEST!!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS Monday my friends!!!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Barbs thank you for taking the time to drop in to share such precious moments with us. Sending you more love, blessings and strength to you and your loved ones.

Cindy so sorry to hear you had such a bad but glad that you are feeling a little better. We are human beings, not machines so it's fine to have the bad days too.

MD I just saw your gorgeous bracelet. Well done! I hope you had a nice walk!

Liz you just inspire me with every post you share. That is true dedication and commitment.

Nekrebel, Julie, Noodle, Agnes, Megan and Karen just saying hi to you all. I hope you are all well.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is well on this Monday. I had a rough weekend with my shoulder/neck injury limiting my physical activity. I was shocked to see a loss this morning when I weighed in. I actually got off the scale & got back on to make sure. lol.
    An extra stressful week for me due to half of my coworkers being out training at other facilities so now I'm doing the work of 4 people. Lucky me!

Barb: I know eating well in difficult times is extra hard, you're so inspiring and clearly a very loving aunt. Bless your little nephew.

Alice: your profile pic is amazing. You are rockin' that bod, you deserve new underwear! Pick out something super cute!

Cindy: I hope this week goes better for you. Don't beat yourself up for a couple of slices of pizza! You didn't go hog wild & eat an entire pizza yourself AND you recognized that it wasn't really what you wanted to do, so cut yourself a tiny break!!

Karen: Where are you hiding girly? I haven't seen you in a few days, I hope you're doing ok!!

And to anyone else I haven't directly addressed, I hope you're all doing well. Have a great Monday.
  • NEKrebel
    NEKrebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just want to be sure I let all of you great people know how much I appreciate your posts and that I wish you all the best with so many different struggles going on. I still think I'm missing a lot here. Just not used to having to scroll down to read the latest I guess - although I try to go slow and read it all. Still wish there was on option to have it ascend instead of descend.
    - Here's to a good week for us all (*) :) (*)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hi All my lovely L.O.S.T. Ladies~
    I had an exhausting day but good none the less! I am looking forward to this week end! It's Kyli's 18th birthday and she is sooo excited! I'm sad about it at the same time! She is my youngest but my most mature...my boys both moved in and out until this past April...one will be 26 in May...the other will be 25 in May...I don't think it will be that way with her and I am struggling with the thought of my home being empty of children!

aaliceinw~ How is your ankle? I hope better now that you are more aware of the extent of your injury! Please be careful to take good care of yourself!

Noodle~ Make sure you take time to take care of YOU! I know all too well how easy it is to neglect ourselves when work gets CRAZY!

NEKrebel~ We are glad you found us and it does get easier to navigate the more often you use this site! I was over whelmed and confused often in the beginning too but now that I have the hang of it...I love it!

Julia, MdwsatQT, Agnes, Megan and Karen I hope all is well.
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!! <3
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Doing well. Have been enjoying a few warm days here in between cold fronts. I'm thinking the little birds and animals outside here must be totally confused! But it has allowed me to get in some good exercise pulling weeds and using the hand saw on a few things. Great for pulling, pushing, squatting and realizing I'm a bit out of shape.
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing very well. I gained 2 lbs last week and yesterday binged somewhere around 3900 calories. I don't feel like anything emotionally wrong. I just got tired of feeling hungry.

When I'm MIA from here, you know I'm in trouble. I haven't had anything to eat yet today. Still sitting in bed. Dreading a day of hunger.

How some of you just eat 1200 calories blows my mind. I feel like everyone has a key that I missed. Sorry this is down as I'm feeling after my binge last night. I've binged maybe 4 times over the last week and a half. Last night was the biggest. I did log everything I ate.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((Karen)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) we are all here for the same reason...don't ever think for a minute that we have some magic cure! I DON'T...I know that!!! I take this ONE DAY AT A TIME and I have days that I feel lost too! I have truly found some added push here...which is why I started this group. There are a few tricks that I have learned that I TRY to implement...but I too have had several moments of weakness!
    There is a saying...if you are truly hungry eat an apple (or carrot) if you don't want that...you are probably not truly hungry! You should go through some of your diary entries and see if you can pick out a few LOW calorie choices that filled you p and made you feel satisfied...for me...it's apple (sometimes sprinkled with cinnamon), cucumbers (sometimes with vinegar)....the sometimes with...helps me feel like I'm not eating the same thing all the time...it changes up the flavors.
    Visuals are also very helpful for me. I have a picture of myself younger and healthier that I look at...I can't get the younger back but I CAN get the healthier back....it's just going to take a lot of work...I try to make it a game/competition...that keeps me going. Things like our weekly challenges! You need to find what things work for you! That's what we are here for...to help each other figure these little things out! The motivations I post are things that visually help me...I truly go back and read them n my times of weakness...sometimes it helps...sometimes it doesn't! I also set up the losing jars suggested here (I believe by Noodle) They are on my bedside table and I LOVE being able to switch those stones from one jar (pounds weighed) to the other jar (pounds LOST)!!!
    Above all remember we are here for you! Come here.... vent away!!! We are kind of like Planet Fitness....we are a judgement free zone!!!
    I hope this doesn't seem like a lecture...it is solely meant as support...just got a little long winded!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Femmigirlz
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank You Cindy. I sat in my bed for an hour and a half after writing that thinking about what I did last night, how bad I felt and how now after a binge I feel very very hungry. Scared to get out of bed feeling I will blow it all over again. Fear of eating as I will eat too much.

I don't know if that happens to anyone else but after a day of a lot of food the next day I wake up very hungry. I racked my brain trying to figure out what the trigger was and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I even failed myself with my binge recovery. I had promised my therapist that if I felt a binge coming on and I knew I was going to follow through with it that I would binge on 'Real' food, like a chicken sandwich or two or 3 or 4 not CANDY or sweets. LOL, well I failed there too.

Then I had to think about what many lovely people on here have posted to my binging post and they too have had set backs. I can't call myself a failure because I know now this will be a life long battle. I can't continue the self defeating talk while I'm beating myself up I realized there are two ways I can go, either get up and start the day again. That means I can't even promise myself I won't binge because it May happen. The only thing I can do is keep TRYING and not give up and give it my best shot.

I knew it would take more than one cup of cereal to fill me up. I ate 2 cups of Special K protein cereal. That set me up right away with a good amount of protein and fiber.

I don't know what the rest of the day holds for me but for this hour, this moment I'm doing okay. I know what to do, I know I was low in water, too high in salt, too high in sugar and so on. I just need to do it.

Thank you for being here for me, it means much more than you know. I was feeling a bit alone.

I apologize to everyone for being absent for a bit and for not responding to messages. I hope everyone has a blessed healthy day. Hugs.
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in to say Hi. Thanks so much for your messages of support. My nephew passed away peacefully on Sunday night. The wake was yesterday. His parents are having a private cremation and then they will hold a celebration of life later this month, when relatives can travel to attend.

The grief comes in waves and it is also accompanied by feelings of love and inspiration - what a brave little guy to go through so much in his short life, and to share so many smiles and cuddles with his family and friends.

I'm starting back on the program again today - logging every bite and trying to stay under my calorie target. I feel ok about how I have eaten over the past week but I miss the structure and all of you.

I feel so lucky to have found this group - you are each so special to me, although we haven't met in person, I feel honored to walk through this journey with you all.

Sending hugs to everyone!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Barb~ ny9ttsx1wg54.jpg
    I feel the same about all of you in this group. My thoughts are with you! Warm hugs too!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss Barlovo;

f93m30wqnksq.jpg
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Julia, Yay for you being able to get some yard work done! The weather is beautiful here too, but I know we will have more snow and cold before spring truly arrives.

Barlovo, Good to see you again! I am glad you are back I have missed you!

Karen, It is good to see you too! I am always here for you!

Alice, I am so sorry about you being laid up, knicker shopping is just going to have to wait a little while. Take it easy and stay off that foot.

Cindy, Noodle, QT, NE, and everyone else Hi!

I am sending happy thoughts to all of you!!!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Barlovo there's no time limit on grief. Just know that he'll always be in your heart. Hang in there my friend.

From one binger to another, this too shall pass Karen. It's hard to stray from habits but we are going to do this! Keep on keeping on!

Here's to an awesome hump day tomorrow!
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the support and angel pics
    It's really comforting!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thanks QT and Liz, you all are my support. I couldn't do this without you. Thanks for being there for me.

Cindy; Thank you very much for your support. I appreciate you!

Barlovo, I second what QT said; there is no time frame on grief. I have lost many loved ones and still ask myself now and then why they had to go so soon, some young, some older. I just tell myself God needed them more than I did or they had a special mission in heaven or possibly were saved from a worse fate here on earth.