Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see your new do Cindy!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here's to an awesome week!

It's March and we're still here and working towards our goals! We should all be proud of ourselves for what we've done and will do!

WE GOT THIS!
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    We do have this! You are ALL AWESOME! I am so Blessed to have each and everyone o you here with me! I appreciate you all very much!
    March is usually where I lose my umph and fizzle out on myself....hubby's bday is tomorrow...Kyli's is on the 15th...but I am DETERMINED this time is different! This I my time...I am still completely committed!!! Thank you all for helping keep me strong!
  • NEKrebel
    NEKrebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    barlovo wrote: »
    Hi all, what an eventful week for everyone!

Cindy and mdwstQT, I hope you both feel better soon. The crud that is going around this winter is really bad, I'm still run down.

NEKrebel - welcome! It's great to meet you. I feel very lucky to have found this group on MFP. I'm sorry your doctor isn't supportive but you can find lots of good tips and suggestions here. Many of us are also dealing with various medical issues and it does make managing our weight more complicated. But it can be done and eating well also really has helped my overall recovery.

Karen - I'm so glad you are getting some medical answers. Let us know how you are feeling as you work with the gluten issue - I hope it really helps.

Also I wanted to share my first major non-scale victory since joining MFP - I'm down a bra size!! I'm really big busted and because of neck and shoulder injuries from a car accident and previous surgery, it's actually a big problem. I think a lot about breast reduction surgery but I am hoping that it won't be necessary if I lose weight.

So the exciting news is that I am both down 2 inches band size, and a full cup size. I ordered my new bras and they just came today. Yay!!!

Just wanted to share that I did reduction about 15 years ago. Best decision ever!
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am sorry I've been so absent, I've been missing keeping up with all of you. Sadly, my sweet nephew, who is only 14 months, is nearing the end of his life. He has Gaucher's Disease, a rare genetic disorder that is sadly untreatable. I'm broken-hearted but also thankful because his suffering will soon be over.

I look forward to catching up with you all in a couple weeks. Meanwhile, please keep our little Xavier in your prayers and thoughts, that he has an easy passage into the next life and that his parents find comfort in this difficult time.

Here's a pic of our little snuggle bunny! Isn't he adorable!lllcxa191omd.jpg

• NEKrebel
    NEKrebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So very sorry that you all are going through such a sad time. Sending strength and comfort.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Barlovo~ hat a BEAUTIFUL little Angel! I am so sorry for the stress and pain your family must be enduring right now! I will definitely say a prayer for you ALL! Big HUGS to youand that sweet lil guy!! o:)<3
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Barlovo your family is in my prayers! I pray that God comforts you all in this time of transition.

We're always here for ya.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Sending love and strength to you and your family Barlovo and extra hugs and prayers for your snuggle bunny. We are all by your side in spirit.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Cindy I do hope you are felling much better than last week and I also can't wait to see your new hair cut.

Hi MD and I am also so pleased to see that we are still all here, having lost quite a number of pounds collectively
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Oh yeah Alice! We're in our way!

I gained a pound this week. I had to readjust my caloric intake. Plus I think my body has figured out my new eating plan. The scale isn't moving as readily as when I started.

So that means I have to get moving as well as watching my calories.

Readjusting and moving foreword.
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Pretty quiet in here today. I hope everyone is doing well and moving forward.

One day at a time <3
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hi QT - Just trying to stay warm here -20 wind chill.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello My Lovely L.O.S.T. Ladies~
    I have been in a major funk the past few days! I am over the bug I had yet I can't seem to muster the energy to get out of my own way! :( I'm not sure why other than stress! I barely ate a thing all day today or yesterday. I'm not sleeping...My hubby had been unemployed for the past 9 months...he finally got a job...I am up for a promotion at work, find out tomorrow if I got it but I am just really down and feeling DRAINED! I'm sorry I haven't been as good about posting...I am truly trying to get myself back into it all!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Cindy, sometimes life is just overwhelming. You have been working way too many hours for how long? You are never off duty being wife and mom. It has been a brutal winter and even if it hadn't been, this is the time of year people in the northern states are sick and tired of winter, and ready for it to be over. Couple that with being sick and stress, well there you have it.

But you got this, you are just a little low on energy right now. You are very motivated and you will be back on top of everything in no time. You often tell us it is one step at a time and the little victories are important.

I know all of us here have a cape in the back of the closet but that doesn't mean we have to wear it and be superwoman everyday. Do what you can do each day, celebrate the little victories, and be kind to yourself. <3

• MdwstQT
    Options
    Buuur Liz!

Cind, I agree with everything Liz has said! Especially being kind to yourself. You're just recouping from being sick plus external stressors.

You got this.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    I've plateaued and even when I exercise I am burning almost 40% less than when I started. I am hardly ever out of breath when walking and feel often that I can go much further when running or walking MD.

This week is a toughy though because it is 5 days sitting in workshops, hotel food and very little exercise.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi QT - it is up to 1 today. We are suppose to be in the 20's this weekend. Sad to say, I am looking forward to it!
    Alice - Hang in there this week and do what you can. You look awesome in that dress! It is beautiful.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Hello?!
    Hel-loooo?
    Is there anyone here?
    Where are you all hiding all of a sudden?
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Mark likes to tell me that I think so far out of the box that I am not sure where the box is. So I must be looking for the box :#
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hi My Lovely L.O.S.T. Ladies~
    I KNOW I shouldn't obsess with the scale but that .2 was weighing on me...so I stepped on the scale :# and I LOST that stinking .2 and then some!!! WOO HOO I past that 25 lbs mark!
    I'm not logging it in yet because my official day id not til tomorrow but I am HAPPY! I am proud of myself for not giving in with the stress and throwing away my progress. But there is still something making me feel worn down.

Liz~ I think you hit it on the head. I do think all of those things are contributors! And you and your hubby sound so much like me and mine....thanks for the chuckle with the out side the box thing! :D

aaliceinw~ You are such an amazing inspiration! Thank you...I am waiting for the day when I am NOT winded any more!

MdwstQT~Thank you...we do have this!!!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!
    PS I got the promotion!!!