Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the thoughts and well wishes!! Today was another day of rest for me! I am definitely feeling better finally! I think tomorrow I will be ready for a light work out! Hoping to get back to the gym by the weekend!

Karen~ KUDOS on your loss! That is awesome!!!! You will be walking that dog before you know i!!!

Noodle~I hope things settle down for you at work soon! Glad to see you have been doing so well!

Megan~ So glad you are back! We missed you! Sorry you and your daughter have both been ill...my daughter and both caught a bug in NYC so I hear ya...especially with the workouts! We are here when you find the time!

I am pretty wiped out so going to hit the hay AGAIN! Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!

• Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ms_Smartypants; hope you feel better soon.

QT-Thank you for the words of encouragement.

I blew it last night. It had been a stressful 3 weeks. My gf who struggles with Bipolar was over medicated and it was causing her to be very grouchy. That coupled with her fall in the kitchen last night set me into a binge. She's off the medication for 3 days now and doing much better but I allowed the stress to get the better of me.

I am an emotional eater and have what I call mini binges when I can't handle it.

Does anyone have any coping skills they use to deal with emotional eating?
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ...I am feeling defeated since being sick UGH

Karen sorry to hear about your stressful 3 weeks and your gf ..glad she is doing better .
    What helped me cope with emotional eating was instead of going to the kitchen I would go in my bedroom or whereever in the house and journal my emotions ...why was I feeling overwhelmed , sad etc etc ...seeing it in writing helped me to not go in the kitchen to stuff my face
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Karen, one of the things I try to do is something that will occupy my hands so I can't eat. I'll do the dishes or clean out the catbox or do laundry or even work on crochet, though I am terrible at crochet. Cleaning the catbox does wonders because nothing kills your appetite like cat poo!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    I'm feeling better finally! I took tonight off from work just to be sure I'm ready to go back. I worked out today and although I over did a bit...I'm sore but I feel GREAT that I did the whole thing!
    Megan~ Glad to see you! Hope you feel better soon!!!!
    Noodle~ You crack me up...I guess cleaning the cat box would definitely make y NOT want to eat!!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS evening my friends!!!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thanks Qt and smarty pants. I've been journaling lately. I use to go to my room and meditate. I need to get back to that.
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Meditation and finding other things to do help as well.

I try to remind myself why I want to change. Why binging won't change anything and I'll feel worse afterwards.

Sometimes it works, other times I munch on. I'm finding that even when I don't talk myself down it doesn't feel the same.

Try jotting down some of the reasons you're on this journey. Read them often so that they take root.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    I want to jump up and down and scream! I am POINT 2 away from m 25lbs! REALLY??? POINT 2???? UGH!!!! At least the scale is heading n the right direction again :( ...that's my pouty face lol!!!!
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Awww! Sorry Cindy! Try weighing at the end of the day, maybe you'll sweat & pee off that last .2!! LOL!
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Cindy!
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Define job Cindy! Woohoo!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Cindy; drink lemon water. I pee like crazy when I squeeze lemon in my water. You are sure to lose it by tomorrow if you do that lol. Congrats, you are doing really good.
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Finally Friday!! Woo hoo! This has been such a stressful week. I ate plenty of junk, though I did log it all, so at least there's that.... Tomorrow is a new day, have a great weekend everyone!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Thanks for all the good thoughts and ideas...I will kick that .2 to the curb soon!!! And FINALLY get my hair cut!
    Karen~ Too funny...I do drink lemon in my water! As a matter of fact I am in a challenge in another group that has us post pics of things we are doing to help us be healthier and a few hrs before you posted this...I had posted a pic of my lemon water! Great minds LOL...

Liz~ How are the ball workouts going?

Noodle~ Happy TGIF to you!!!!

MdstQT~ I hope you have a great night out with your bestie! You deserve it!

aaliceinw, Megan, NEK, April, Agnes...miss you guys!!!! Hope you have a FAB_U_LOSS day!!

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Cindy - I'll bet you lost that .2 when you got your hair cut! I am getting better with the ball, some days are better than others. I think the hour of the day I work out might make a difference.
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Thanks Cindy! We had a blast!

I'm headed to bed, I'm pooped.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. It's awesome to see that everyone is doing all they can to stick to their commitments and that when they don't, we don't beat ourselves up. I think that makes a huge difference.

Jeez Cindy, give yourself a break. Go get your hair cut anyway. I agree with Liz, there goes the extra .2!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hi Ladies~ WOW it's quiet in here today!
    MdwstQT~So glad you had a good time! You deserved it for sure!
    Liz & aaliceinw~ I know it sounds weird but I just can't bring myself to do it until I hit that 25!!! Because I set it as a goal...I need to feel like I truly EARNED it! If I do it before I'll feel like I;m settling and giving in...I don't want to settle...I want to work hard and EARN this!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I hear you Cindy. It's actually part of a bigger journey.

It's a bit llike project management. We tend to celebrate only the huge milestones, which sometimes only get achieved 12 months later than planned. In the mean time the team would have worked really hard and overcome unplanned hurdles, like your field trip... But only the planned milestones are celebrated! It is the reason why many get discouraged and change fatigued.

It's not just about losing weight, it is also about losing bad habits and honoring ourselves and our bodies as the divine temples that they are
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    EXACTLY!!!! Well said...thank you! :D