Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Lol Liz! Looking for the box.....

Congrats Liz! I can't wait for pics of the hair! B)
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the promotion Cindy! :D
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    As usual I missed a lot in here over the past week. So first...

barlovo: My heart is breaking for you & your family. Gaucher's is a truly cruel disease. I'm happy that your little angel will be free from pain soon, but it's still a terrible road to have to travel. May God watch over your nephew & family.

Cindy: I have been feeling the same as you. I have been sick on & off since the begining of the year & now I feel like I can barely get out of bed in the morning. I'm just utterly exhausted all the time & have raging headaches, dizziness, nausea. I thought for sure I was at death's door. I went to see my Dr. & she did a full panel on me, turns out I'm anemic (have been for years) and I have a vitamin D deficiency (duh, I live in Wisconsin). So I've been taking vitamins & am on the hund for a S.A.D. light. It could be the vitamins or it could be the crushing work load I've had lately coupled with this hideous winter. This weekend will finally have temperatures above freezing for the first time since Christmas (a whopping 37 degrees), but I'm going to sit out in my yard & soak up the sun. I am so over this winter. If I had money I'd drive down to Florida for a couple of days.

and to everyone else, I'm sorry I haven't been much of a cheerleader lately, but I'm proud of each & every one of you for sticking with it this long.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Noodle, Another six weeks and we will see the daffodils blooming :) We are suppose to get all the way to 40 Sunday afternoon. I can't wait, the girls and I might go for a walk. You have been doing a good job too. Every morning I see you have worked out at the pool and admire your dedication especially when I come here and see you have a break neck schedule and aren't feeling tip top. That is the type of determination that is going to make you successful with your lifestyle changes. I am inspired by you! :)
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    thank you mystic! That means a lot to me! :D
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Liz, you are such an Angel! Thank you for always kind and inspiring words. You are awesome!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    By the way Cindy.. I think I love NSV's far more than my scale. I am so happy to be getting back into favourite clothes
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello My Lovely L.O.S.T. Ladies~

Noodle~ I think we have a lot of the same stuff going on...right down to the vitamin D deficiency. My Dr said that it is very common in Americans but mine was off the charts kind of low. She put me on a pill (vitamin D) that I take weekly...it's a prescription strength....it's a tiny neon yellow thing that looks like a tic tac. I'm also anemic...I have to go back in June for follow up blood work.

Liz~ Thanks for being such an awesome inspiration and always such a great cheer leader...in case nobody has told you today...you are AWESOME!!! o:)

MdwstQT~ I will post a pic as soon as I get my new do! LOL

aaliceinw~ I don't blame you one bit...those NSVs are AWESOME! Way better than the numbers on a scale....FEELING better is the BEST!

Barlovo~ I am thinking of you and your family my friend! Prayers are coming your way still!!!

Megan, NEK, April, anyone else lurking around....feel free to jump in and catch us up!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!

• aaliceinw
    Options
    Oh my Noodle! You must think I was ignoring you. So sorry but posts seem to appear and disappear at times.

I do hope that both you and Cindy will start feeling better with your new treatments and vitamin supplements.

Sending you guys train loads of sunshine from South Africa.

Big hugs.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Happy Friday!

Tonight we are having eight girls over for Golden's 16th birthday party. I will be going over my calories tonight. Mark is home and we have already eaten out while we ran errands. I will try not to eat too much, but I am going to indulge. We are suppose to be up to 40 on Sunday, maybe I can take a long walk.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! B)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies....My mouth hurts since having all 4 wisdom teeth pulled on wednesday but I was dying for something to eat other than soup, jello , icecream etc etc so I made a healthier version of chicken nuggets that I am attempting to eat which so far as taken me almost an hour to eat UGH lol ...I hope everyone is doing well ...I have not read everyone's messages so forgive me ..Have a great weekend :)
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Ms. S - Hope your mouth feels better soon <3
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    aaliceinw~Thanks for the sunshine...hope it gets here soon! Do you have a park run/walk tomorrow?

Liz~ Enjoy the birthday party! Sweet 16!!! My youngest will be 18 next week end...it goes too fast!

Megan~ I hope your mouth feels better soon! Be careful to rinse after those nuggets...getting an infection in your mouth is the WORST!

MdwstQT~ I hope you have a funtastic weekend as well!!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS week end all!!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Liz! Hope you are partying up a storm. I'm sure you can indulge a little after all the hard work you have put in :D

Ouch Megan! That really must be so very sore! I was trying to imagine chicken nuggets through a straw! Meh! Nah! Won't work! Get better soon!

MD! What are you up to these days besides encouraging us ;)!

Cindy! I sprained my ankle badly. Right now my whole lower leg has swollen up! Bed rest for me! :'(

I have friends and family around for lunch tomorrow! So that will be very interesting.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Well I ate what I wanted last night. I had one plate full and a large piece of birthday cake. In the past I would have at least doubled what I ate. The things I learned, I didn't want as much as I would have in the past, it didn't taste as good as I thought it would, and I think I have a food hangover. I feel very tired and sluggish this morning. The girls are having a wonderful time.

Alice, I am so sorry about your ankle. <3 But I just have to ask, did you sprain your ankle tripping over your knickers? ;) I hope it heals up quickly for you. Remember don't over do it and take it easy.

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I love it when I allow myself to "indulge" in something I've always enjoyed only to find out that it no longer has the same appeal. That's when I feel like I've really made lasting progress. That's when I realize my actual lifestyle has truly changed. Way to go mysticlizard!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Julia you are so right! Both Mark and I were happy to have our spinach artichoke stuffed mushrooms for lunch, we both commented on how good it tasted and how many years we never knew how what we ate made us feel.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Hee hee Liz! I was actually going to go out today to replace all of my lingerie because ALL of my knickers were falling down this week and I had to keep hitching them up, whilst thinking of you :D:p;) Glad you and Mark had such delightful revelations.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend Julia :D
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Dear all, I want to just send out a group thank you to everyone for your posts and messages of support. A quick update: my nephew Xavier's respirator was removed on Thurs morning. Surprising us all and his doctors, he has continued breathing without it. Just has Xavier has lived in a very unusual way, he has clearly decided that he will die on his own schedule. We are grateful for this extra time with him.

This is being such an emotional roller coaster and I just want to say I am so grateful for your support. I haven't had much energy to respond, but I've enjoyed reading your posts and messages about what's going on in your lives - it keeps me connected to the outside world which seems very far away right now.

So far I've remained pretty healthy in my eating: I log when I feel like it, and don't log when it seems stressful; I am trying to make sure I eat regularly and get good protein at each meal. My wife and I have been bringing fresh fruit and cut vegetables with us to the hospice center each day, so we would have healthy snacks. ALL the relatives and nursing staff kept asking where we got them, so now we are bringing down platters of fruits and veg each day for everyone to share.

Again thanks for the messages and support. I feel so lucky to have stumbled into this group of amazing and compassionate people. We are all so brave to be taking action for our own health, and weeks like this help me remember how precious and valuable health is.

Big hugs to all and wishes for a great weekend to everyone,
    Barb