Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    jhaugen445 wrote: »
    My worst time of day for overeating and bingeing is late at night, after everyone else is asleep, I'm relaxed, it's quiet, and I can hear the food calling! ;) Seriously, any helpful suggestions? I find that I'll eat even if I'm not the slightest bit hungry! The regret and guilt the next day are the worst part.

Sometimes I curl up in bed with my laptop and spend the time looking at the MFP group sites. The more I'm posting; the less I'm eating. I also start with an Akmak cracker and a couple ounces of milk. Most times this takes care of me. But the biggest thing (to repeat what everyone else has said) is to log. When I log it, I don't want it as much. So log, have a cracker, read a post, and maybe find a good book to read. As you continue your journey, you find things that work for you. Good luck.
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas. Learning my hunger signals when I'm actually hungry vs cravings is going to be one if my challenges. One step at a time and not striving for perfection!
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I made it to the gym again
    Going in now
    I feel so much resistance ! But I'm here
    Time to go lift heavy things and put them back down, and repeat.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Go get um Barb!!! :)
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello My LOST friends~
    Well I think I may have completely lost my mind! I have been kicking the idea around about running a 5K! So I loaded an APP on my phone called C25K (couch potato to 5 K) and I did the 1st work out today! Mind you...my muscles still haven't forgiven the card deal calisthenics yet! So for my 1st workout/training session...I did a 5 minute warm up at 3MPH...then I alternated 1 min at 5 MPH 1 1/2 min at 3.5 MPH for 20 min ten did a 3 min cool down! I felt like I was going to die for the first half hour after I got done...but I DID IT!! I can't believe I completed the whole thing! I then did another 15 min at 3 MPH! My daughter and one of her best friends were with me...she calls me Mom and she is a runner...They kept going C'mon Mommy you can do this! Come on!!! I kept telling them they were trying to kill me and I was cutting them both out of my will LOL! But I have to say...my body hurts something fierce...but my heart is soaring with pride!!!

Jen~ Finding something else to do is my best advice for that! I started coming here to MFP…and reading…especially the success stories or the motivations!!! Those mantras are PERFECT attitude! Progress not perfection is a great way to succeed!

Barb~ I love that…spring is a perfect time for fresh starts!!! Yea Barb! You go girl! Show those buttheads what girl power is all about!!!

Liz~ I definitely think I LOST MY MIND! LOL I should be surfing YouTube!!!

Karen~ I've noticed how well you are doing logging!! WOO HOO my friend!!

I hope the rest of you are having a good time!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS week my friends!!!
  • FindingCindy721
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Here you go Karen~
    This was with 5 min 42 sec left to do of the cool down...I think it was 367 cals burned at the end
    y7zoyuwrbyas.jpg
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Cindy; so it's an app on your phone or an exercise equipment? Great burn.
  • FindingCindy721
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Karen~ It's an APP on my phone that coaches me to start running slowly so you build up your endurance! You start running in small bursts between walking. It gradually increases the bursts of running over a 6 week period until you are supposed to be able to run a full 5K (in theory anyway). It has 3 stop watch images on the screen...one that says how much time you've completed, one that tracks the time of what you are supposed to be doing (walking or running so it alternates between 90 second and 60 second bursts) and one that tells you how much more time til you complete that days workout! It talks to you and tells you when to switch it up.
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You go Cindy! You're definitely an inspiration! Pressing on towards your goals with sore muscles and all.

Jen hang in there and take it one day at a time. Gauge where you are and aim for small changes.

Work wore me out so much so that I bailed on my shopping list for food. I just grabbed the essentials fruit, veggies, bread, etc... I'm so tired of looking at people everywhere I couldn't do it.

Just ate dinner. Gonna watch tv for an hour then lights out. Going to set my timer on Pandora, listen to soft jazz, and drift away.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    MdwstQT~ Thanks for popping in even though you were wiped out! Pandora on jazz sounds like a peaceful way to drift into sweet dreams! I hope you are well rested and have an easy day at work!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS Tuesday m friends!!!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Sounds like a cool app Cindy.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    I had a NSV today; I'm so happy about it that I have to share it. I was in a car accident in my twenties (I'm now 51), a pretty bad one where I injured my hip and was in physical therapy for 6 months (they wanted me for a year). Then I gained a bunch of weight. For 3 years now I haven't been able to cut my toenails on my right foot as my hip and leg wouldn't turn that way. Today I was able to do it!! YIPEE. I still cannot rub lotion on that foot or leg or cross my legs but just to be able to cut my own toenails and not rely on my partner gave me a huge smile!
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! :D The "little" victories are just as important as the numbers going down! So happy for you!
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Thanks Cindy!

Hope everyone is doing well! Next week we'll be in April!
  • Femmigirlz
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you jhaugen
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Karen~that is super fantastic!!! Give yourself a BIG hug!!!

I hope everybody had a fantastic Tuesday! My right knee was off all day soi did a lighter modified workout! Tomorrow we are hitting the gym hard again!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS evening my friends!!!
  • FindingCindy721
    edited March 2015
    Options
    WOW this place is starting to echo more and more often!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day all!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thank you Cindy. Hope your knee feels better.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just checking in. I hope everyone is well. Happy thoughts to everyone!
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Hope your knee feels better soon.