Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marcella, I think Mark is seriously afraid lol. I called him from the house this morning wanting to know if I could take the half walls between the living room and kitchen and the one foot header frame wall that the cabinet over the peninsula counter was mounted on out. He asked me to wait until he could look at it. I think he just doesn't want to miss out on the demolition fun. :)
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oh! So lovely to see you Barbs and you have done so well from the sounds of things. It's pretty tough to stick to only the healthy stuff.

Wow! Liz! You must be getting some serious workouts from renovating your new home (it doesn't sound like just a simple paint job anymore)! Talanted, gifted, homemaker! You are fantastic :D

Oh! And the good mood is because I am fully mobile again. My son didn't have to take me to work and I can do all of my exercises again.... slower... but I can do them again So I am very happy at the moment (except today I had a crappy day, my fault for being up all night on MFP :D)

Cindy - hang in there! We're here for you.

Marcella - that's what we are here for, the good, the bad, the ugly and the fuzzy :wink:

Jen, sending a gazillion prayers to take care of your family during your short sojourn in hospital and sending one, humongous one to take care of you and the doctors and the nurses during your op. o:)<3o:)
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement! I'll keep in touch and let you know how the surgery went.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST ladies~

I LOVE coming here and seeing so much chatter! It truly brightens my day! I think I am fully prepared for my trip now....Now I just have to get everything ready for my family. I will be grocery shopping and finishing the laundry Fri and Saturday...so everything is fresh & ready for them. I always "hide" extra money around the house for them for emergencies while I'm gone...it amuses them when they can't "find" it on their own and have to ask...because they KNOW it's there SOMEWHERE LOL!!!

Julia~ So glad your day got a little easier...still sending ((((HUGS))))) and happy thoughts your way!

aaliceinw~ I LOVE thinking about you dancing in your beautiful wardrobe knowing it is making you soooo happy!!! :)

Liz~ Thank you so much for your thoughts. They mean more than you know! I think if you and I lived next door to one another we could be quite a dynamic duo. I do all my own home renovations too and LOVE it! I have taken several classes at Home Depot and watched MANY DIY videos. Hubby and I completely remodeled both our bathrooms, expanded our deck to wrap around the back of the house, put in our own hard wood floors and our own new windows. I hope to see some pics of your hard work! I bet it will be beautiful.

Jen~ Make sure you get a little rest before your surgery...don't start your healing completely exhausted!

Well my friends...I have to get back to work...Have a FAB_U_LOSS night...sweet dreams!
  • aaliceinw
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hiya Cindy. Can you please invite Larolalamass to the community. She says she can't find it.
    Almost there Cindy. There is a Dance class just around the corner from me too but I will have to wait until my Curves subscription expires because otherwise I would be wasting my money.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options

aaliceinw~ I tried inviting your friend but it says there is no such user...could you double check the spelling and help me to figure out what is wrong?
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Hi Cindy. Sorry about that, her name is laroylalamass!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Invite sent my friend!!! :)
    It's going to be my crazy day today! All the last of my packing and prepping so I have a day to relax with my daughter (after our workout of course) Gotta take my Mom & My Aunt to the Outlets first thing this morning before I start my errands...
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends! I'll check back in tonight! B)
  • FindingCindy721
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just needed to tell you all how AWESOME you are...this made me think of you! THANK YOU!!!

k2uxwku8zxkt.jpg
  • EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi There,
    I am new here and have been following the last couple of days and thought that I would say hello...
    Nice quote Cindy and so very true...
    So I have been on this journey what feels like my whole life and I have started again... hopefully this time I am more successful than I have been in the past.
    Finished day 12 of my 30 day abdominal crunch challenge... it started to hurt around 50. I have a long way to go, but hopefully I will make it.

Nice to meet everyone, and have a nice day
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi EM! Welcome!!! It is nice to meet you!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Awesome seeing you here EM. Glad you found us. We are a little quieter than usual because there is quite a lot happening with people moving, graduating, going for operations or away on business trips.

I hope you find as much support here as we all do and we all look forward to your insights and sharing as you walk the journey with us too. Welcome!

Liz, how goes the home renovations ?

Cindy, I'll be dancing in the kitchen anyway in the meantime. D-Day (-1)! Thinking of you a lot. Try not to stress too much. Huge hugs.

To everyone else... have a fantastic weekend and think of me sitting motionless for hours at time with a bowl of sweets in front of me and a boring trainer for another two days... sigh!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Alice - Sorry about your foot. <3 Take it easy and let it heal. Was it the same foot? I am fine. We ripped out the half walls and header over the cabinets today. I will tape, plaster, and drywall tomorrow. I hope to start painting Monday morning.
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    Welcome EM! I hope you find this group as wonderful as I do!
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    Welcome EM! I hope you find this group as wonderful as I do!
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    Oops! :D
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Yep! Same ankle...It's frikking hard to keep inactive!

I'm hiring you when I finally find my new house and need to renovate. The one I saw and liked actually does need a lot of work but I am afraid to commit because I am the only breadwinner and the work may take up to 5 years to complete.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Alice - Maybe when your ankle starts to feel better you should do some strengthening exercises then transition into jogging and running. <3

I would love to come to SA and remodel your house! Our house was move in ready before I got the wild hair and started demolition. If I knew we would be selling this house and moving again, I would not have under taken such a project. But knowing we are going to retire here, we will do many projects to make the house what we want. For us it is better to do while we are working since we have money coming in to finance the projects one at a time. When we retire we won't have much but we will be living in a very nice home that is paid off and the way we want it.

Marcella - Mr. Bunny who lives in my backyard has eaten half of my tulips :'( But he is so cute, I can't stay mad at him :/ I know he will be thrilled when we put in my veg garden, he will think he has his own personal salad bar :D

Barb - I hope work is going all right for you. :)

Karen - I hope you are feeling a bit better. I hope the doctor has some answers for you. Hang in there you are doing good, one step at a time. <3

Cindy - I hope you have a nice tie on your business trip. Enjoy the me time. :)

To all you lovely L.O.S.T. ladies have a wonderful weekend. B)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    I see I am not the only one that has got hectic chaos going on LOL! I am all packed and ready to go! Only had 10 min here and there for the past couple days! I am not ringing my lap top with me this time...just my ipad so I will be limited but I will be here!

Em~ Welcome friend! Glad you fund us...some days we are a little quiet...other days we are VERY chatty...but we are ALWAYS here for each other!

Jen~ My thoughts and prayers will be with you this week...please come back to us AS SOON AS you are feeling up to it! ((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))

Aalice~ Y are so ROCKIN it! I hope you didn't set yourself back to far with your ankle! Be gentle with yourself my friend!!!! ((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

QT~ I hope you are finding some you time! You seem awfully quiet lately!

Liz~ I hope you are having a ball with your demolition and it doesn't get frustrating or the job get too big! y hubby and I re did BOTH my bathrooms a couple years ago and it went on and on...ended up stripping the downstairs one right to the studs (not initially intended LOL!

To all my lost LOST friends...I hope all is well with you! Have a FAB_U_LOSS week end my friends! Will be traveling most of the day tomorrow but will try to check in!
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello from the airport as I am heading off for trip #3 - packed myself a healthy lunch for the flight. Thinking of you all and grateful for the encouragement and support!