Daily check in

Options

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Bah Humbug

Not sure whether it was the workout or the insomnia but I am done. All day yesterday we tried to get the second DVD in Slim in 6 to work. We tried it in an external DVD player, in an old laptop, in my husband's laptop, in one DVD player, in another DVD player and . . . it didn't want to work anywhere. It would start but then stutter and stall and stop altogether.

Since my daughter gave it to me second hand, I can't return and/or exchange it so I'm stuck. I figured I'd just alternate, disc 1 and disc 3 for the next 2 weeks when I would have been, should have been, could have been using disc 2.

But first . . .

Morning Workout

21DFX: W2/D1: Plyo Fix Extreme
    My ankle is hurting and trying to do plyo low-impact was confusing. Maybe it's because I didn't get a full night's sleep (thanks to my friend who sent me a text at 1 and my hot flashes and inability to go back to sleep) but it was just friggin' hard this morning. I did my best and I just know that I'll be feeling it all over tomorrow.

Slim in 6: W2/D1: Burn It Up
    Ugh ugh ugh. I worked through almost all of this but I have a feeling that the second disc would have helped me build up to it better. I was feeling a bit nauseous as I was pouring sweat and happy when it was finally over. Now I just want to rehydrate and pretend that I'm not going to do this DVD ever again although I know I'll probably end up doing it again on Wednesday because, as I said, I'm alternating this workout with the first one. I really wish the second disc worked. I am so disappointed.

@sarahrbraun If I didn't exercise early in the morning, I probably wouldn't do it at all. It's cooler and I'm too tired to really think about what I'm about to do to myself.

142888-Exercise-In-The-Morning-Before-Your-Brain-Figures-Out-What-You-re-Doing.jpg

@walkdmc Do you have a link and/or name for the app?
  • TheFo1dOut
    TheFo1dOut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well this weekend wasn't stellar for me...
    it's tough to adhere to the diet when you're hosting 30+ people in your house and the only things to eat are hot dogs and all the fixings of a cookout...
    oh and the pizza that happened this weekend too lol
    I reluctantly weighed myself this morning and it looks like I gained 2 pounds back of the 6 I lost in my first week. I'm not going to beat myself up over it, life is too short I know this is a new week and I will bounce back. Did my Full Body Cardio Fix this morning, those surrenders are the absolute worse. It's really tough on my knees but I did as much as I could and I know the next time will be that much better.
    Have a great day everybody!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee I'm a fan of morning workouts too. If I wait til later in the day, life happens and my workout does not. On trainer days I am in the gym and warming up by 845. On off days I'm usually in there by 8.
  • oreo011
    oreo011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to joing this group....I should receive my 21 day fix Wednesday :)....hopeing for excellent results....any pointers you may have would be greatly appreciated!!
  • krrbrr
    krrbrr Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Started 21DF today! :)

Just finished all of the T25 program (from Alpha - Gamma, but not the hybrid) and thought I would give 21DF a try! I've had the program for 6+ months now, but was too out of shape to do the program consistently enough. Hoping that with T25 under my belt I'll be able to finish all 21 days this time!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Did Upper Fix today. I'm now using mostly 10 pound weights for this! I started with 5's and very occasional 8's.
    The only time I don't use 10's are those weighted cross punches.
    I'm so hungry on day #3 of WW.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Started 21 day fix extreme today!!! Wow, plyo fix extreme was....interesting? Haha. My balance sucks on the lunge jumps. Looking forward to the other ones though. (I say that now right?)

So, I was doing insanity.... Today would be day 16. I might try and do both but we'll see how that goes, and how I feel tonight heh. In 16 days of insanity I lost one inch (actually two but my arms also gained half an inch each) *flex* and 2 lbs, definitely more toned and I'm sure my cardio endurance has improved greatly. I'd just like to see a bigger jump in numbers and hopefully 21dfx can give me that. Scale has been slow moving lately. :(

• walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I keep reading about slow scale movement and I'm just curious about your opinions.

In the past, walking was the only exercise I could do and drop consistently large numbers (2 pounds/week). ANY exercise plan involving weights, even my own body weight, really slowed my losses.

It's bitter sweet. I love how strong I feel, love feeling the progress when working with weights. but wish the loss was faster.

What's your exercise/weight loss experience been?
  • Deuxtrouble43
    Deuxtrouble43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am on Day 17 of the first round of 21 day fix. My fiance and I are doing it together (which is awesome because he is extremely motivating). I hate exercising. But realize that in order to make any changes you need a combination of the two. We actually started eating like the containers a week before we got our stuff, so we are on day 24 of the eating plan. And it works out well because we are both on the same calorie level.

We are both down in weight - I have lost 4.7 lbs total but SIX inches. My profile picture is me at the start and me at 15 days in - I see such a huge difference in my shape! My dude is down 7 lbs and about 4 inches total. We are going to continue clean eating after this and we are still going to exercise, just not every day. Every second day is going to be our target.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome @oreo011 and @krrbrr. Exited for you to get started :).... well...off to get Total Body Cardio Fix behind me.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @walkdmc I am the opposite. I was walking a lot, 3-5 miles a day, and not losing any weight. Nothing. Nada. I even gained weight. On days when I couldn't walk because of the weather or whatever, I used walking DVDs. Still nothing. So I switched it up. I used the bike. And walked. Biked 7 miles. Walked 2-3 miles. Nothing. Gained. Whatever.

Enter 21 Day Fix and a strength training program that didn't bore me to tears and VOILA! I am the lowest I have been in over 3 years and very quickly approaching my lowest weight since 2007.

But you see, this just goes to show you that everybody's body is different. It breaks my heart when I see people blaming themselves for not succeeded on some diet or weight loss program or exercise program. If one diet/exercise plan worked for everybody then there would only be one diet and exercise plan sold and nobody would struggle with their weight because the One Size Fits All Plan would work for Everybody's Body.

Unfortunately, we live in the real world where we have to try things, hope they work, try something new if what we've already tried fails us. And we have to keep doing that without blaming or shaming ourselves for not having the same success as others.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Morning Workout

21DF: W2/D2: Upper Body Fix Extreme & 10 Minute Hardcore
    According to the workout schedule, I was supposed to be doing 10MH on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I wanted to ease into the Extreme stuff and I'm glad I did. I am definitely going to have to build up to some of these exercises (like the plank with a rotation and the hip drop with a weight). Still, given that I'd already done upper body, I'm pretty impressed with myself right now.

Slim in 6: W3/D2: Slim & 6-Pack, Slim & Limber, and Thin Thighs Guaranteed
    Yes, even though I did 10MH, I still did the Slim in 6 ab workout too. Why? Because clearly I'm a sado-masochist and take pleasure in giving myself pain. *sigh* I did Thin Thighs before I did the abs and stretch, though, because I may enjoy my own suffering but I'm no martyr!

• Northern37
    Northern37 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Upper body fix is done. My body sure was feeling it today. Hope you all have a great day!!
  • TheFo1dOut
    TheFo1dOut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Upper body fix done. Had a meltdown last night about my weight, and I seriously only faltered a bit this weekend, it could've been worse. Need to keep motivated and stay positive. I know I can do this.
  • venuila
    Options
    Omg my legs are killinggggg me after yesterday's plyo fix extreme!!
    Just finished upper fix extreme and 10 min hardcore. Yeah, I can't do the weighted hip drops or the plank rotations either @SatiaRenee. She makes them look so easy too. *shakes fist*
    I'm so confused about my macros and how many calories....there are so many different calculators online too, blah. Maybe I should just get the containers and take the guesswork out of it all. I just feel like it would be difficult to do and keep track of while cooking for the whole family as well (picky toddler in the house).
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have to modify the hip drops too! ugh! and the plank rotations are torture, I don't think I have made it through without a break.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Honestly @venuila , getting the containers made everything SO easy. It all clicked once that happened. And I still cook for my family, it's easy - I just measure my dinner out separately (and sometimes cook something extra for them). Example: I will make quinoa, grilled chicken, and roasted green beans. OK my kids are sick of quinoa so for them I will make mashed potatoes. Dinner time, I serve them, and then measure out a yellow, red, and green for me. I don't think about the calories or macros because I know that's already done "behind the scenes" for me.

Normally I am very analytical and liked looking at all those stats on my food. But it was making it more complicated than it needed to be for the 21 Day Fix so I stopped. As long as I eat my containers properly, I'm good.
  • lizlashley2009
    lizlashley2009 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the Yoga Fix along with a 4mile run walk
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @venuila I was just telling my husband the other day that the food containers might have made feeding my fussy eater easier because what toddler doesn't love colorful things that fit inside one another like a puzzle? I'll bet if you let your toddler play with the containers like a toy for a day or two and then start serving food onto a plate from the containers, magical things will happen.

Everyone Modifying Things

I love you! You make me feel less pathetic. :)
  • venuila
    Options
    @jpkrueger yeah, I probably already do that a little too. If we have burgers I'll make them fries but I won't have any type of thing. It probably wouldn't be too hard it just seems daunting cause it's new and unknown I guess.

@SatiaRenee that's a good idea! And probably quite true! I should just try it anyway. At least for 21 days and see how it goes. Have to get organized beforehand though, :)