Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done. I actually got a PB for time and distance with this run too, so i'm feeling a little bit proud. I also ran a bit further once it had finished because I still had a way to get home, just to see if I could. :smile:
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Week 7/Day 1 done! Including the 5 minute warm-up, 25 minute run, and 5 minute cool-down, I covered 3 miles. So feeling a little bit better about my 5K on 8/1 :)
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @arunion01 & @CariTJR Woohoo! Sounds like you guys are doing great, keep it up!
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Completed w4d2 today. I love how I feel when I complete the run. Averaged just under a 17 minute mile which I am happy about. When I started I was about 20.
  • eyethree
    eyethree Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    W8D3 done! I graduate Sunday woo hoo! 3.09 straight miles run this morning total 3.41 including warm up and cool down.
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Completed W7D1 last night!! Feeling great about it! I can't believe that I can run (jog) for 25 minutes straight with out stopping. ME! The person that quit the program by Week 3 the first time around! Yay!! I am doing the Zenlabs C25K program so mine only goes to the end of week 8. I can see the finish line from here!! :)
  • LLduds
    Options
    @krichard08 - did you download the 10K training app yet? I *might* have....LOL!!!
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LLduds wrote: »
    @krichard08 - did you download the 10K training app yet? I *might* have....LOL!!!

lol..Not yet but I am going to have to I think. I'm going to need that regimented program to obsess over!!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I did it! W7d2 is done! 2.5 miles in 30 mins. I kept adjusting my speed between 4.7 and 4.8. I'm pleased with that. I've noticed that I'm comfortable with the first 1.5 miles. The last mile is challenging. This is where it gets mental. But I did it. I've had a sinus headache all week so I haven't run since Monday. I want this really bad. Every time I compete a run it makes me realize that I'm a "runner" and that I'm really doing this. This program really works!
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    eyethree wrote: »
    W8D3 done! I graduate Sunday woo hoo! 3.09 straight miles run this morning total 3.41 including warm up and cool down.

Congratulations!! What's next...
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    Week 7/Day 1 done! Including the 5 minute warm-up, 25 minute run, and 5 minute cool-down, I covered 3 miles. So feeling a little bit better about my 5K on 8/1 :)

Good job! I've made every run a 5k ( including the w/u and c/d) starting with w6. It's actually fun to see my times and compete against myself. It was also a way for my body to get used to the distance.

• tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W5D2 done and I felt really good about it!!
  • SooFab
    SooFab Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Week 3 Done!

Feeling pretty good...But got some pretty good chin splints from this weeks long run.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Woke up early to do W2D2 this morning. Back in doors because it's storming outside, but I think I'm going to try outside for the most part from here on out. It's easier to start and stop jogging. I'm definitely running super slow, but I'm just happy I'm jogging. =)
  • LLduds
    Options
    Week 7/Day 2 done! I was slow but steady...a pretty smooth run without any mental "drama" :) Happy Saturday to all!!!!
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    Week 7/Day 2 done! I was slow but steady...a pretty smooth run without any mental "drama" :) Happy Saturday to all!!!!

Wow! You are rocking this. Are you running everyday? I want to increase my runs to 6 days a week.
  • LLduds
    Options

Wow! You are rocking this. Are you running everyday? I want to increase my runs to 6 days a week.

My weekly fitness routine is still a work in progress, but right now I'm jogging first thing in the morning 5 times/week. The other 2 mornings (Wed, Sun) I do the elliptical for cross training (Wed) or "Gentle Hatha" yoga (Sunday, my "rest day"). In the evening, I lift weights with a trainer 2 nights/week and go to a "Vinyasa Flow" yoga class 1 night/week. I'm trying to find a balance between effective cross training while avoiding over-training (especially since I'm in my late 30s and not a great athlete). I'm working on developing more fitness-based goals so I focus on being healthy and strong rather than the number on the scale. I've signed up for a few 5Ks in August, a few 10Ks in Sept/Oct, and a half marathon in November :) Sorry, I know this is probably TMI....I'm not sure why I'm writing all this. LOL!
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    W3D1 done. I'm 95% sure I've never run for 3 consecutive minutes before in my life, and I just did that... twice! Ran very slowly because of the heat (slept later than I intended, so it was hotter than I wanted), but I still finished.
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    klmnumbers wrote: »
    Woke up early to do W2D2 this morning. Back in doors because it's storming outside, but I think I'm going to try outside for the most part from here on out. It's easier to start and stop jogging. I'm definitely running super slow, but I'm just happy I'm jogging. =)

Slow and steady wins the race, right? B) I feel like I can walk faster than I'm running sometimes, but you know what? We're still running! And that's what matters.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D1 this morning. I honestly thought I'd be redoing week 4 a couple of times before even attempting week 5 but I figured all I can do is try it and I actually finished it no problem! I'm doing it on the treadmill but plan on taking it outside soon, even if I have to start over from day one.