Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    WOW!
    I just got on and see that my Father's Day post is not here??? I don't know what happened? I've had posts that didn't post the whole thing but never one that disappeared after the fact! Hmmm! Strange!
    I hope everyone is having a GREAT week....I am on vacation so trying to catch up on a few tings here around the house! I worked two twelve hour days in a row with only 3 hrs sleep 5days straight last week so I spent the first 2 days of vacation sick...serves me right...I KNOW I need more sleep! Thank you all for the kind words for Kyli! Now that she has graduated and has a great job she loves...I can settle into a better routine!

I have a few more tings to accomplish tonight but wanted to pop in to send happy thoughts to you all! Have a FAB_U_LOSS evening my friends!
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies. I hope everyone had a fabulous Father's Day. I took my stepdad out for lunch to Charcoal Grill. Grilled chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken sandwiches for everyone in the family. I think we all kept it under 600 calories for our meals (side salads instead of fries), a far cry from last year, which was celebrated at The Cheesecake Factory. Frankly I have no desire to ever calculate the calories from that place. I looked up my favorite salad there, BBQ chicken & the lunch size is still 700 calories. Add in the yummy bread & 1/2 a slice of cheesecake & you're treading into 1200 calorie meal.

I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey Noodle! Glad you guys were able to all eat nutritiously. I know what you mean about C F, when I do go I don't bother.

I'm a bit stressed and worried. Typical family drama that I'm rolling into over the holidays. Nothing is within my control and that's what's driving me batty! I just have to let people be who they are.

On another note, I didn't drown myself with food! I made myself a smoothie with a side of yogurt. I did have a small bag of chips and water later.

*deep breathing
  • Noodle797
    Options
    MdwstQT, I get stressed any time I spend time with my extended family. My poor boyfriend is a true saint because I become a complete lunatic when we have family functions, so I def feel your pain. Deep breathing is right!
  • EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MdwstQT & Noodle I am with you both.. Sometimes I have to remember that if they weren't siblings we wouldn't be friends and somehow that helps... i know that sounds harsh but it is a reality unfortunately...

Anyhow.. I hope everyone is doing well, I do stop by and check in to see everyone, I just don't write.. That's my bad... I wish everyone well on their endeavors and remember tomorrow is always another day...Keep pushing through it and you will get to the other side...
  • Noodle797
    Options
    TGIF! Have a great weekend everyone!! <3
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I often tell my children that you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friends nose, or your family. I am thankful I only have to see my sister once every few years and talk to her on the phone four times a year.

The young neighbor on the west side of me helped us clean up the tree mess. I am so grateful to have a good neighbor (it wasn't his tree) on one side of me. Mark and I picked Billie up from her program yesterday so I am no longer alone. It is nice to have her back, but I did enjoy having the house to myself too.

I hope everyone is having as beautiful weather as we are. Have an awesome weekend everybody!!! B)
  • FindingCindy721
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies!
    WOW what a CRAZY BUSY week!!! I was on vacation and feel like I need to go back to work to relax a little LOL...just kidding! I had a GREAT week off...ended it with an amazing grad party yesterday and Mom's birthday today...tomorrow back to nights UGH! I have enjoyed being a normal human being this week! I made decent food choices even at the party and then today Jim decided he wanted to go out for Chinese food and I have the worst stomach ache right now :s
    Here is a small sample of why I was so busy this week...
    The fruit basket I made...fresh watermelon, pineapple, blueberries and strawberries. MMMMM
    s1hm7cu2z469.png

the cake I made with LOTS OF LOVE (all home made from scratch of course...)
    4mgivis7x35x.png
    Any way...everyone had a GREAT time...swimming and eating enjoying each others company! Now life can return back to normal lol! As if there is a normal in my crazy world!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS evening my friends! Will catch up better tomorrow!

• Noodle797
    Options
    How was everyone's weekend? I didn't do so hot on the food front, had pizza Saturday & brunch yesterday. Still got my workouts in, but I feel really crappy today. When will I learn that I can't eat like that anymore without consequences? I used to split a frozen pizza with my boyfriend, but now it makes me feel sick for days afterwards. I think it's all the grease & fat. :/ Note to self, in the future have 1 piece of pizza & fill up on healthy stuff.

Happy Monday everyone!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy - It sounds like the party was a success and your time off was well enjoyed.

Noodle - It is the sodium that gets me.

Everyone - I hope your week is starting out well and it will be awesome for you!
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I haven't checked in for a while. I've been reading the posts but haven't posted.

Cindy your fruit basket and cake were awesome! You could go into business! I'm glad all of the graduation events went well.

I'm trying to get back on track with my eating and logging. I'm easing back into exercise. Sometimes just keeping up with the boys and household chores is all I can do.

I'm not able to "say something" to each of you individually today; but know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers! Take care of yourselves! B)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    Yes indeed the party was a success...everyone seemed to enjoy their time! I was exhausted by the end of the day but in a good way! Enjoyed time with some family and friends I hadn't had time to see in a while! My eating over the week end was not the greatest but I am back with a vengeance. I'm hoping switching back to the nights this week doesn't kick my butt too bad so I can get into my work out routine as well.

Liz~ I'm glad you have a nice neighbor at least on one side of you!

Karen~ Thank you for your sweet note to check on me! It was greatly appreciated!!!

Jen~ So glad you are coming along with your getting back into the swing of things! I need to get back to good tracking as well!

Noodle~ You are just AMAZING! Your commitment is truly inspirational!!! Are you going to share any before and after pics with us? I'd truly LOVE to see!!! I am going to start with my aqua aerobics set now that we have the warmth...although I do believe our pool is still not quite warm yet!

EM~ So glad you are still with us! How are you doing?

MdwstQT~ KUDOS to you my friend! You truly have a handle on that binging!!! I think we all have family like that! I will pray that you find some peace while trying to deal with that! It's often easier said than done! (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) to you my friend!!!

Julia, Megan, aalice, Barb hope you are all doing well!!! Sending ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) and happy thoughts your way!!!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS week my friends!!!
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Cindy, I worked nights on & off for the past 15 years & I do not miss working them anymore. They really wreck havoc on your body. Take care & get lots of rest when you can. I've been using the outside pool at the gym & it's really, really cold, but it's very motivating as well! Nothing prods you to move your body like worrying you'll turn into an ice cube!

I spent a lot of this weekend outside & I am really paying for is this week so far. My allergies have practically crippled me. I've gone through half a box of tissues between yesterday & today. Freaking pollen. I had a pretty wimpy swim last night because I just couldn't breathe. :( But tonight I'm going to Summerfest to see one of my all-time favorite bands, Flogging Molly, and I am determined to have a great time even if I have to hook myself up to a respirator!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Have an awesome time tonight Noodle!!!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the family support. It means so much to me. I hit the road tomorrow and I'll be back next week.

I hope everyone has an awesome holiday weekend. I'm determined to enjoy myself, spend quality time with family members who appreciate me, remain binge free, and drama/negativity free!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Just stopping by to check in. It is really empty in here. I hope that means that everyone is getting ready for a stellar holiday weekend. I'm sending good vibrations and happy thoughts to all of you! B)
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Have a safe & happy holiday weekend, everyone!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hi My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    I am stuck working all weekend but I hope you all have a FAB_U_LOSS holiday weekend!!! Enjoy some quality time with family!

Noodle ~ I hope you got to enjoy your concert. I had a horrible time when I first developed allergies... I am allergic to almost everything! My Allergist prescribed cingulair and it is AMAZING! I have allergy induced asthma and I hardly ever need my inhaler now.

MdwstQT~ Safe travels my friend! Enjoy the people who appreciate you!

Liz~ I hope you are going to be able to relax a little and enjoy your beautiful new yard!

Sweet dreams to you all!

• FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hi My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    Stay safe every one!!! Happy 4th!!!!
    vwcnerlvji5b.jpg
    uo7d73oeb4g7.jpg

• barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, happy 4th of July! I hope everyone is gearing up for a great holiday weekend.

QT - sending you <<hugs>> as you work through the family drama!

Noodle - big sympathy on the allergies!

Cindy - your watermelon fruit basket is beautiful and makes my mouth water! I hope you have a quiet weekend at work.

Jen - great to hear you are getting back in action!

My quick check-in: I had a great two-week visit with my parents. It was a real gift to be able to spend this time with them, I know the day will come soon when they are not well enough to travel to visit me.

The food stuff was hard but I stuck to my bottom line and didn't eat anything with sugar or sweeteners. I kept lots of fresh fruit and veg in the house so that when they were eating ice cream I would have peaches or strawberries. My mom and I went for long walks together in the mornings while my dad was in dialysis. It was hard watching my dad deal with the effects of diabetes and even harder watching him eat lots of sugared cereal, hot fudge sundaes and chocolate cake, but it is his body and his decision what he wants to eat.

I did eat more than I usually do and went out to eat for a lot of meals, so I know that I have probably gained a couple of pounds (the truth will be revealed at tomorrow's weigh in). So I am looking forward to getting back to logging my food and eating on a food plan, and cooking at home more.

Sending warm hellos to all and wishing you a great weekend.