Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• ssasssy
    ssasssy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @cazbit i feel you! I had to repeat days twice now and I try my best to focus on the effort it took to try and the amount I did accomplish instead of the really small part I couldn't do. Your body worked hard for you and you listened to it. Everyday makes us stronger. Even when you don't reach the goal, you're miles from the couch.
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ssasssy wrote: »
    @cazbit i feel you! I had to repeat days twice now and I try my best to focus on the effort it took to try and the amount I did accomplish instead of the really small part I couldn't do. Your body worked hard for you and you listened to it. Everyday makes us stronger. Even when you don't reach the goal, you're miles from the couch.

Thanks ssasssy. I really need that xx
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    MakkieXO wrote: »
    what's a good way to start? i want to start running twice a week but i'm not sure how long to go for or what speed to start with.

Find a Couch to 5k program that works for you, either online or there are free apps available for smart phones. Most suggest running 3 days a week, starting with running 1 minute, walking 90 second intervals.
  • xoxrobot
    xoxrobot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 today! Excited for the challenge of week 4 :)
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring to read you are doing so well!
    Today I did week 6 day 3. I was thrilled with my performance as I was very happy that I made the 22 min run but I was also very pleased with my pace. Bring it on week 7!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. Hello!
    The C25K program I've started has me doing 4 days/week for 17 weeks. Today was week 4, day 1. I'm feeling pretty good so far. I need to buy proper running shoes. I've felt a bit of knee pain at the beginning, but it seems to get better after I've been moving a while. I'm not great at keeping the correct pace. I tend to run faster than it wants me to, and I end up counting down the seconds to the walk breaks. BUT, I'm excited at what I'm able to do so far. It's much more than I used to be able to do.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    W7 D2 done today. It was very hot but despite that I was able to shave 30 seconds off my previous time.
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 of week 3 that last 3 minutes seemed to take forever, the uphill didnt help any. But i did it. Even better i felt when i was done ill be able to pick up the pace some.
  • JasmijnRF
    Options
    Great job, @dixiewhiskey , running in the heat is no joke. @frankie5152 congrats on finishing week 3!
    C25K is addictive isn't it? I can't wait for my run tomorrow LOL.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i finished w7d2 today. I feel like I'm finding my pace. so that's nice. I did take a break walking across a street or two. but otherwise I did it :smile:
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    W7d2 done. That was a long 25 minutes.
  • birtley15
    birtley15 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    w7d1 complete. I found I do better on the 20+ minute runs if I am outside not the treadmill. Woke up at 5am today to get my run in before the heat. I made it with only stopping to walk for a minute or 2. Hills are my biggest challenge and I am surrounded by them!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    birtley15 wrote: »
    w7d1 complete. I found I do better on the 20+ minute runs if I am outside not the treadmill. Woke up at 5am today to get my run in before the heat. I made it with only stopping to walk for a minute or 2. Hills are my biggest challenge and I am surrounded by them!

I was going to give myself a break because "hill" but then I realized they were such a great challenge. though, admittedly I'm running the flattest path I can right now but there are a few baby hills.
  • mandync5497
    mandync5497 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I finished W7d3 today, I had to take a few 30 second breaks but I did it. Going to try week 8 tomorrow.... see how big of a difference 3 minutes makes..
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I attempted w7d1 this morning and wasn't able to complete it. I was on the treadmill (as I usually am) and I felt off from the beginning... got about 14 minutes of running in and then had to walk. My heart rate was much higher than usual and my arms and neck started aching pretty bad. I think I was dehydrated since I didn't drink much water yesterday. Anyway, going to attempt it again either this afternoon or tomorrow.
  • JasmijnRF
    Options
    Sometimes we just have an off day, it is okay. A new day, a new chance. Good luck next time :)
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Didn't know this group was here! Just finished week 4 day 3 this morning. Really proud that I was able to run the whole 6 minutes without stopping because the previous week 4 workouts were super hard for me! I may re-do this week, but will attempt week 5 day 1 on Wednesday and decide then!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I did it! I ran a 5K without stopping. I'm so emotional - I never thought I'd have this body back and to know I can run three miles...I can't put how I'm feeling into words. :)
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @JasmijnRF - Thank you!

@Gska17 - That's amazing - congratulations!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @Gska17 - Woooo! That's amazing! Congrats =)

Well, I just did w7d1, and boy... It's so weird because I feel OK doing it, but then when I check my HR, it is super high (177 - which is the upper end of "athletic training" according to my treadmill)... And also, my left knee is fine up until 22ish minutes into actual jogging. Not sure how to fix that, but the last 3 minutes was really rough for me because of my knee.

I feel like I'm getting to the point where I am thrilled that I've made it this far, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to push further. Gonna do it again Wednesday and try to stretch better for my knee...